BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 481 - 490 of 577 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Forum » Thread

Re: Website back online
I like the new look.

In Gear Deals » New Reflective Glowire Cord $10.00 per 50' w/Free shipping
June 30, 9:32pm

Re: Re: Lunar Duo
Another vote for the Lunar Duo. It is a very spacious tent inside, and not too heavy considering what it is. I do agree that the poles can be left behind, but I am not ready to give up the ground s...

In GEAR » 2lb tent for 2
June 28, 10:15pm

zpacks
Joe will make you one which ever size you like. Just contact him and let him know what size you want first. Plus he has great prices on his stuff. Just know that Joe sews his cuben so for electroni...

In GEAR » Cuben Fiber Dry Bags
June 21, 7:55pm

Re: Support for my frameless pack. GG nightlight? Hoop stay? Inflatable? Z-rest?
I had this same issue. I use a NeoAir rather than a ccf pad. However, now that I have the pack, I realize that it is way to big for my gear, and especially with the stay. So, I have decided to do a...

In GEAR » Support for my frameless pack. GG nightlight? Hoop stay? Inflatable? Z-rest?
June 13, 8:16pm

Re: clips
As of yet, I have not had an discomfort from wearing the pack. I actually don't even feel the buckles. Saying this, I have only walked around the house with it the last couple of days with abou...

In GEAR » Six Moon Designs Swift 2011 - belts
June 13, 8:00pm

Re: Foam pad comparision
The Suluk pad is made from Plastazote. The GG pad is Evazote. Here is a link that explains some of the differences: http://www.paulamar.co.uk/foam/materials.aspx For what it is worth, I...

In GEAR » Foam pad comparision
June 13, 7:56pm

Re: Six Moon Designs Swift 2011 - belts
Erik, the clips are plastic, or some form of it anyway. They are the same clips that are used in the ULA Circuit to strap in the zippered pocket or the water bladder pouch. I think they will be fin...

In GEAR » Six Moon Designs Swift 2011 - belts
June 13, 7:46pm

Re: extinguishing an alcohol stove early...
I have the Solo and the Original, and it is the newer ones that has the rolled top rather than the riveted top. There is nothing inside either of my stoves either though. Just a simple double walle...

In GEAR » extinguishing an alcohol stove early...
June 13, 7:28pm

Re: Re: ULA Ohm 2009/2010
+ 1 on the great customer service! When I got my Circuit I was between sized on the belt, so they sent both sizes and let me see which fit me better. Then I simply shipped the one I didn't need...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm 2009/2010
June 13, 7:25pm

Re: Ordered the Trekker a while back
I believe that they are holding firm for the 13th of July. I tried to go ahead and make my payment last week when I placed another order with them and they said that they were not processing an of ...

In GEAR » New Six Moon Designs Shelters....
June 12, 11:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.