BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 481 - 490 of 552 | Page: 1 ...37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Forum » Thread

Re: Clothes
I carry a light weight long sleeve Cap 2 crew shirt (5.8 oz in XL) to sleep in and to have just in case I may need it, although at this time of the year, I know I wont (but I still carry it). But l...

In GEAR » Sleeping clothes
June 03, 9:01pm

Re: Javan Dempsey
I was going to suggest this too. Although I do not have mine yet, I did place an order with him earlier this year and am awaiting it's arrival... All I hear though are great things about his qu...

In GEAR » Quilt Options
June 03, 6:52pm

Re: Ul summer shelter and quilt setup
You could look at The Summer Burrow Quilt from Hammock Gear. It uses 900 df and the regular weighs in at 14.5 oz for $199 and is rated at 35 F. However, you may could put in a call and talk to him ...

In GEAR » Ul summer shelter and quilt setup
May 31, 3:23pm

ZPacks Cuben Fiber Drysack Pack Liner
I recently had Joe at ZPacks make me a 18x36 dry sack pack liner out of 1.26 oz/sqyd cuben fiber. Since Joe sews his cuben I had to seam seal it, but before seam sealing, it weighed 1.7 oz and afte...

In Philosophy & Technique » Compactor Bag vs. Dry Sacks
May 31, 2:26pm

Re: Lawson Outdoor Equipment
Since Lawson has revamped his store he has focused his attention on getting his tarps lined up so I think his dry sacks have been put on hold for a while. Last I checked he only had some 8x16's...

In GEAR » What happened to pack liners?
May 30, 12:24pm

Re: What happened to pack liners?
I recently had Joe (from ZPacks) make me a cuben fiber dry sack pack liner. Envelope shape, 18x36 (about 39 L) and due to the taper of the envelope shape, it fits beautifully inside my Circuit. And...

In GEAR » What happened to pack liners?
May 30, 11:16am

Re: Re: Over Priced European Sierra Cup.
I agree...If you don't like it, don't buy it...seems simple to me. I also have the plate, the bowl and the utensil set. Of course though the 21 (cup) is the only one that I carry backpac...

In GEAR » Kupilka Classic Drinking Vessel
May 28, 2:33pm

Re: WTB ti shepard hook stakes
Check out Lawson Outdoor Equipments 7" Ti (Shepard) Hook Stakes. http://lawsonequipment.com/All-Products/Ti-Hook-Titanium-Tent-Stake-p883.html $1.75 each x 6 = $10.50 + $3 s&h = $13....

In Gear Swap » WTB ti shepard hook stakes
May 28, 10:09am

Kupilka
That is what I paid for mine when I got it, except at that time it was not available for purchase in the States, so I bought it straight from Kupilka and it was shipped from Finland. And while it w...

May 28, 9:51am

Re: Re: "Kupilka Classic Drinking Vessel"
I do remember coming across these on ecrater, thanks. I was looking at these too: http://www.handmadeofwood.com/home

May 27, 11:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.