Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 481 - 490 of 679 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ...68

Forum » Thread

Re: Re:
Travis, I do not think that putting the ground sheet under the mesh would be a good idea. This will only make water easier to pool up where you are, even with the bathtub floor. The mesh actuall...

In GEAR » Zpacks hexamid solo+ vs TT Stratospire 1
March 23, 4:28pm

Solo +
I own the Solo plus tent with the optional beak and I also have the solo + LITE cuben ground sheet. I am only 5'10" though, and to date I only have 5 nights on the trail with it, and about...

In GEAR » Zpacks hexamid solo+ vs TT Stratospire 1
March 23, 2:47pm

Nice quilt
That quilt looks awesome! Just sayin'...

In GEAR » Gear Just Keeps Showing Up :D
March 20, 9:08pm

Super Stretch # 2
I wish that MB would have kept the # 2 bag...I really wanted to get one of them but by the time I saved the $$$ up they were gone pretty much everywhere... but, I am really loving my Marmot Helium ...

In GEAR » A 20deg Bag for Dude Who Hates Shopping
March 18, 8:02pm

Actual Weights
After all this talk lately I decided to pull my Heine/Esbit system out and cook some Ramen for lunch in it today. After messing with it I also decided to add in a small piece of aluminum foil to us...

In GEAR » My new stove setup, under 3oz. Everything but fuel.
March 18, 12:57pm

Re: 20% off coupon works now
Thanks Greg...I wish I had realized this sooner...I have been sitting around waiting...anyway, it does work...I just ordered the Sawyer Squeeze for $47.89 (after the 20% coupon) using my dividend a...

In Gear Deals » REI Dividend?
March 18, 10:38am

Re: Chlorine Dioxide in Platypus Soft Bottle
I have had no problems with mine so far. I typically use the tabs, but have also used the drops. Here is a video that I recently did. I showed myself adding some tabs in a 2L platy soft bottle and ...

In GEAR » Chlorine Dioxide in Platypus Soft Bottle
March 17, 9:08pm

Re: Re: Jinxed
Thanks Dan. That is interesting...I never thought about it being from manufacturing... Jeff, I assume that you are referring to the lid on my Backcountry pot and not on the Heine pot... So, for ...

March 17, 2:19pm

Jinxed
Maybe I am jinxed...I dunno...I wonder if any others out there has had their beer can pots bubble up? Surely I can't be the only one... Anywhoo... I will still use my setup that I listed at ...

March 16, 9:21pm

Re: Six Moon Designs Skyscape Tents - Scout
Depending on how much room you like for you and your dog, but I would say it is doable. I had the Trekker version and I felt like it was big enough for me (5'10" ~ 200 lbs) and my 6 year o...

In GEAR » Six Moon Designs Skyscape Tents - Scout
March 16, 9:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.