Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 481 - 490 of 739 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ...74

Forum » Thread

MLD 475 mug/Speaker
I also did this for the first time on a recent hike. I used my cool new MLD 475 ml mug with my Samsung Galaxy...it worked well I thought... I could probably remove the cozy and position it b...

In Multiple Use Gear » Use a cup as an iPhone speaker
May 27, 10:43pm

Re: Same
Sean, I too recently got 2 yds of the same 2.5 oz/sqyd Climashield Apex from thru-hiker just last week and noticed the same thing as what you describe. However, as evidenced by some of the post'...

In Make Your Own Gear » Climashield Apex 2.5oz
May 27, 7:49pm

Re: Parts
Nice setup. Just curious if someone could post a link to those filters or a model number? I am having a difficult time tracking those down using my phone... or I can look later when I get home. Th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sub 3oz gravity filter setup
May 25, 7:30am

UltraLight Outfitters Delivers!
As evidenced by the post above, I had ordered one of these GoLite Poncho Tarps through eCrater from a store called UltraLight Outfitters. Before ordering I contacted UltraLight Outfitters to try an...

In Gear Deals » FYI Golite Poncho Tarp back in stock
May 23, 8:17pm

Awesome pack
Dude, great looking pack! I can't wait to see your quilt now... :)

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished my AT thru-hike Backpack (MYOG)
May 22, 7:54am

Re: thanks paul
Paul & Bobby, thanks for posting this. I came across this site today on eCrater and emailed the store. Withing the hour I got an email back saying that these were in stock and ready to ship. So...

In Gear Deals » FYI Golite Poncho Tarp back in stock
May 21, 4:12pm

Re: Re: Awesome
Great, thanks! I actually came home today to the package from Thru Hiker sitting at my door...I ordered it on Friday afternoon so that was pretty dang quick shipping! Maybe the stuff from Ti Goat w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilt for AT thru-hike (MYOG)
May 21, 3:46pm

Awesome
That is awesome Dion! Keep us updated with your progress. Also, just curious how long it took for the To Goat package to arrive? My Climashield will be here tomorrow and I'm anxious to get star...

May 21, 6:52am

Re: Quilt construction
David, Thanks for the info! Question though...before sewing, it looks like you layered as such: material material insulation Is this correct? I am picturing it in my head and it seems to...

May 18, 1:19pm

carbon poles
Oohhh...I love my LT4's, but I have only had them about half a year and put about 170 miles on them. They have worked beautifully, although I am not "hard on my gear." The first trip ...

In GEAR » Are carbon fiber trekking poles reliable?
May 17, 7:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.