Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 481 - 490 of 715 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ...72

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Original NeoAir...
Ben, just curious what is making you think that this is happening in your original NeoAir? I don't really care if the pads are see through or not, although I am not so sure that many "i...

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite - Aluminized Baffles Wearing Off ?!?
April 30, 3:34pm

Re: NeoAir XLite vs XTherm
Just keep in mind that the newer "X" pads are mummy cut as opposed to the original NeoAirs rectangular cut. I live in the Southeast, so I am able to use my original NeoAir all year around...

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite vs XTherm
April 30, 1:15pm

Original NeoAir...
I just wish that they would bring back the original NeoAirs...

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite - Aluminized Baffles Wearing Off ?!?
April 30, 1:11pm

Re: Re: Neoair with a quilt
+1 to what Stephan says. Here in the Southeast, I am fine using my original NeoAir on its own down to mid to low 20's (F). (Of course though, we all know that YMMV...everyone is different, a...

In GEAR » Neoair with a quilt
April 29, 8:22pm

Re: Six of one half a dozen of another
Duane, As Stephan said, a good pad helps both (bag & quilt) equally. So, if you were having to add a thicker pad with a quilt, you would also have to add it with a bag. As well, most of the col...

In GEAR » Should I upgrade sleeping pad before buying a quilt?
April 29, 7:52pm

Re: Well,
Being that you are in Michigan, you will probably require an air pad with a higher R-Value, unlike me here in the Southeast that can get away with using an original NeoAir (R-Value 2.5) just fine d...

In GEAR » Should I upgrade sleeping pad before buying a quilt?
April 29, 5:12pm

Re: Justin Lichter has a new book...
Nice. Thanks for sharing! I will have to add this to my next book order...

In GEAR » Justin Lichter has a new book...
April 26, 5:22pm

ZPacks
I have a pair of the ZPacks overmitts. I bought them to replace, or at least have a lighter option than my MLD eVENT mitts. However, due to the warmer weather, they are not really needed now so I h...

In GEAR » Lightweight waterproof rain mitts/gloves
April 25, 8:26pm

Re: Re: antigravity
I second Bob's statements about the AGG sil jacket. It does indeed block the wind, and a hat with a bill makes the hood function just fine. As far as the velcro, it does not absorb much...

In GEAR » Rain/windproof UL jacket
April 25, 8:06pm

2011 XL Tumalo
Hi, I have a 2011 model Tumalo jacket that I bought direct from GoLite in a size XL. it weighs 10.8 oz http://sticksblog.com/clothing/jackets/golite-tumalo-pertex-2-5l-storm-jacket/

In GEAR » Golite Tumalo & Kenai real weight inquiry
April 23, 8:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.