BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 481 - 490 of 566 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Forum » Thread

Ceramic Coated Stakes
Don, those look great! Exactly what kind of paint is that that you used?

In GEAR » Idea to make those expensive titanium stakes more visible.
June 12, 9:16am

Re: Carrying Extra Water, What Container Do You Use
I have both the 1L Nalgene Cantene and the 2L Platy. I have found that I usually grab the Platy when heading out. The Platy is larger in volume as well as lighter than the Nalgene. But like you men...

In GEAR » Carrying Extra Water, What Container Do You Use
June 12, 9:11am

Re: Pack liners vs pack covers
I use a 1.9 oz 18x36 ZPacks cuben fiber dry bag pack liner and a 1.2 oz ZPacks cuben fiber pack cover. I am one of those that would rather carry a little extra weight (3.1 oz) to try and ensure dry...

In GEAR » Pack liners vs pack covers
June 11, 8:54am

Re: Basic pack needed
The ULA Circuit would meet some of those criteria...

In GEAR » Basic pack needed
June 10, 10:53pm

Re: Pack + Pad
Wow, that should be plenty. I would suggest checking out the ULA Circuit or the Catalyst for a pack, depending on how much gear/weight you will be carrying. For a sleeping pad, check out eith...

In GEAR » Pack + Pad
June 10, 10:51pm

Re: new pack...
Very nice pack there... I like that you had the bottom of the side pockets made with dyneema rather than mesh. I recently received a pack that uses mesh all the way down, and I found myself wish...

In GEAR » Pics of my new custom pack
June 10, 9:38pm

Seam sealing the ZPacks dry sacks
Really, seam sealing the dry sacks is no problem at all. It took me all of about 1.5 minutes to run a single bead down the seam on the 18x36 pack liner I received form him. I just stuffed my sleepi...

In GEAR » help cubin fiber drysack..
June 10, 5:19pm

Re: "help cubin fiber drysack.."
Unless things have changed I don't think that Lawson is taking orders for any of his dry sacks at the moment, but it would never hurt to send him an email to find out for sure... I was also ...

In GEAR » help cubin fiber drysack..
June 10, 4:35pm

Re: Montbell Jacket, or Montbell Parka
I had the jacket and found it to be pretty warm as well as block the wind, however, since I could only have one jacket, I traded it for the Parka, just in case. In my opinion, the only difference i...

In GEAR » Montbell Jacket, or Montbell Parka
June 09, 9:31pm

Lawson Outdoor Equipment Ti Shepard Stakes
Lawson has a great price on his Ti Shepard hook stakes. $1.75/ea and shipping is just a couple of dollars. I have some of both the Ti-Eye stakes and the Shepard hook stakes and am completely satisf...

In Gear Swap » WTB: stuff sacks and titanium eye stakes
June 09, 3:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.