BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 481 - 490 of 603 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ...61

Forum » Thread

Re: reee: 1.9 oz POE pillow
Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing...

In GEAR » 1.9 oz pillow - $10 - POE stuff sack
July 22, 9:32pm

Lunar Duo
I am happy with my Lunar Duo, but am still somewhat new using it so I still have issues with condensation at times...granted it is usually due to my site selections...but I definitely echo the stat...

In GEAR » Tarptent in the Southeast?
July 21, 7:19pm

R1
I have the Flash Pullover R1 rather than the hoody, but I love it. It is probably one of my favorite pieces of clothing. As far as drying out, I have yet to get it soaked from rain, and considering...

In GEAR » Hooded Shak vs Pat R1 hoody
July 19, 6:42pm

Re: Re: Gram Weenie Pro or Venom Super Stove
No I do not use a pot support with either of these stoves. They sit directly on the stoves.

In GEAR » Narrow flame alcohol stove for a Snow Peak 700?
July 15, 7:57pm

Gram Weenie Pro or Venom Super Stove
The Gram Weenie Pro will work. Also, Zelphs Venom Super Stove will work. I have both of these stoves and they work with my Backcountry 700 ml Ti pot which is slightly narrower than the SP 700.

In GEAR » Narrow flame alcohol stove for a Snow Peak 700?
July 15, 6:59pm

down over down
So is it a bad idea to layer a down quilt over a down bag?

In GEAR » Using two sleeping bags
July 15, 11:00am

Bag + Quilt
I plan to layer my summer quilt with my Marmot Helium if I ever decide to go out in (expected) temps less than 10 F. I am hoping that by draping the quilt over my Helium I should be fine to temps a...

In GEAR » Using two sleeping bags
July 14, 8:24pm

Mummy cut
Bummer that it is a mummy cut though...I was fine with mummy cut until I used a rectangular cut and now I don't really want to go back...maybe it is not too tapered though... Nice pad though...

In GEAR » Thermarest NeoAir XTherm..R5.7..15oz?
July 12, 8:17pm

Porch
Joe, You may have figured this part out, but the cord that comes with the porch is meant to be cut. I ended up making 2 guy lines out of some of Lawson Klines guywire using the clips that are on...

In GEAR » Six Moon Designs Trekkers Arrive
July 10, 6:18pm

NeoAir All Season
Great choice on the new pad!

In GEAR » POE's warranty is a P.O.S.
July 10, 5:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.