Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 8759 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...876

Forum » Thread

Re: Colorado
"The ignitor worked at 12,000 feet once but I'm using a Bic lighter now because I don't want to risk breaking the ignitor" Are you saying piezo-electric lighters don't work...

In GEAR » World's Lightest Canister Stove with Auto Ignition
March 13, 7:07pm

Re: will keep all updated
I like your hand written design documents I must admit I have a few of those laying around

In Make Your Own Gear » Question about MYOG synthetic quilt construction
March 13, 6:59pm

Re: Re: Recent Developments in Canister Stoves
Nice article Roger. "Excellent article. I'm curious about wind screens" see article http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/myog_aluminum_windscreen.html and ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Recent Developments in Canister Stoves
March 13, 6:46pm

Re: marketing
we have to buy mores Squeezes to stimulate the economy?

In GEAR » "New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration"
March 07, 11:21am

Re: Re: "ideas for testing down insulation's reaction to water/humidity?"
Easier to make test samples that are square, maybe a foot or two wide. You can weigh it, measure loft, test it easier. Maybe the shell fabric is key, but you have to construct some test and do ...

In GEAR » ideas for testing down insulation's reaction to water/humidity?
March 07, 10:59am

Re: Re: Re: Exceeding my expectations
So you didn't have to pay for it Babak? How funny. Nice way to take advantage of opportunity in mindless beauracracy.

In GEAR » "The Finest Down Parka Ever" (Patagonia)
March 07, 8:51am

Re: Revolutionary New Hydration Product
Max, the only way to disrupt a humour thread is to replace it with a cynicism thread On the web site they say it has a total field weight of 3 ounces. It looks much like the regular Squeeze (wh...

In GEAR » "New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration"
March 07, 8:47am

Re: Tarp
and what did they report for water-proofness?

In Make Your Own Gear » Cat tarp out of DIY sil
March 06, 8:24pm

Re: Cat tarp out of DIY sil
Nice experiment. It will be interesting to see what the weight is and how waterproof it is. The ultimate test of waterproofness, would be to put something that absorbs water, like a sleeping bag...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cat tarp out of DIY sil
March 06, 5:09pm

Re: Thanks Jerry!
Don't assume it will work at 0 F. It might work there. I think you can assume it will work at 10 F, but that's just a guess. Inverted stove should work at 20 F, because I've sort...

In Editor's Roundtable » Thermal Feedback in Upright Canister Stoves
March 06, 10:46am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.