Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 9178 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...918

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Ti trekking poles
If you can buy a Ti golf shaft that is no longer usable as a golf shaft then it would be cheaper. I went into a golf shop recently but no one would wait on me so I left. There's this attitu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Golf Shaft Trekking Poles?
June 14, 8:40am

Re: Re: MYOG Chinese style conical hat
If the rim of a hat is a disk (that is, it fits on a flat plane) it will tend to flop around more If the rim is conical with a hole in the middle for your head, it will flop less in the wind ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Chinese style conical hat
June 13, 7:18pm

Re: Thrift stores.
I wear an REI fleece vest my wife got from thrift store And some shirts For backpacking, I like close to state of the art materials and usually you don't find those at thrift stores.

In GEAR » Thrift stores.
June 13, 7:01pm

Re: Re: A midlife crisis can be a good thing
Doug likes to go all over the country

In Philosophy & Technique » lifestyle choices
June 10, 9:18am

Re: Daughter's first overnight backpack: Olympic National Park Coast
You're a great dad. Good getting your daughter "infected" early. I was going to ask if you saw any bald eagles, but there's a picture of one. I've gone there maybe half d...

In Post-Trip Reports » Daughter's first overnight backpack: Olympic National Park Coast
June 09, 10:49pm

Re: Re: sawyer squeeze disappointment
stole your thread there Daryl, sorry : ) And I am too lazy to post a clickable link

In GEAR » sawyer squeeze disappointment
June 09, 10:45pm

Re: Re: sawyer squeeze disappointment
Thread where Daryl fixed problem - page 6: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=61565&startat=100 crux of the matter: "...

June 09, 9:21pm

Re: sawyer squeeze disappointment
That's what happened to Daryl. It's on some thread. Sawyer told him so he backflushed a bunch with something and then it started working better. I did the gravity flow thing which work...

June 09, 9:07pm

Re: Re: Civility and anonynimity
If you click on a person it will tell how many posts that person made - not quite what you asked for I don't quite get Cameron's joke about changing his name to Gross Bob. And are there...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Civility and Anonymity
June 09, 8:10pm

Re: +1 caffeine tabs
You could put a teaspoon or two of instant coffee in a granola bar or such. Maybe something with chocolate in it. You might not notice any bad taste of being instant coffee.

In GEAR » how to cut coffee weight
June 09, 6:14pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.