Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 8981 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...899

Forum » Thread

Re: cheap butane canisters
Okay 30 F not so good. 40 F should be okay. I was using it last year at something like that.

In GEAR » Refilling Gas Canisters
April 18, 2:12pm

Re: +1 beater gear
I wear "REI" fleece vest my wife got from Goodwill My previous fleece vest died because the zipper quit working - came unzipped in the middle. I could have replaced zipper but it was ...

In GEAR » Fleece reconsidered
April 18, 10:13am

Re: Re: Re: Tabata training
Good points, Nick I forgot to put a emoticon when I called you an old person incapable of new ideas. But the best humour has a grain of truth to it. Exercise is not effective in that most o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Truth About Exercise M. Mosley
April 18, 10:10am

Re: Tabata training
Another interesting idea in that video - more applicable to BPL maybe. People have a hard time losing weight. And exercise isn't that effective. Maybe there are some ideas from the video t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Truth About Exercise M. Mosley
April 18, 9:37am

Re: Re: Re: Kickstarter
"83% are not completed on time per Kickstarter. Thoughts on this charity" I have to agree with you, Nick I'm not planning on funding any kickstarter campaigns It is inter...

In Philosophy & Technique » New Episodes of UL A-Z
April 18, 9:26am

Re: Re: Re: Kickstarter
"Kinda like voting for Democrats. Not sure about the worthy part though....." Ha, ha, ha Doug - just trying to get a reaction out of me : )

April 18, 9:23am

Re: Kickstarter
Seems like any money given to kickstarter should be written off, mentally at least. Consider it a contribution to a worthy person. If you ever get anything back for your money, consider it a bo...

April 18, 8:00am

Re: headlamp
Is removing headlamp band "stupid light" Weighs 0.4 ounce maybe. I tried Photon Freedom which weighs 0.4 ounce including a little clip that lets you clip it to your hat or whatever ...

In GEAR » The way to leave your headlamp band at home
April 18, 7:57am

Re: Delay in work
You can get hydrochloric acid from building supply store - Home Depot, Lowes,... - it's called Muriatic Acid, used for etching concrete or putting in swimming pools.

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users Only
April 18, 7:49am

Re: Re: cheap butane canisters
Yeah, those are regular canisters like Giga Power or MSR. I used a couple last summer and they worked fine with my Pocket Rocket. Regular 220g canisters of iso-butane cost $5.50 I think. Pri...

In GEAR » Refilling Gas Canisters
April 18, 7:40am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.