BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 7594 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...760

Forum » Thread

Re: Should I bring anything extra for possible rainy backpacking trip
If you're talking "forecast" then you must be talking about the next 7 (or 10) days There is very little rain during that period at least anywhere I am looking at If there's...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Should I bring anything extra for possible rainy backpacking trip
August 03, 8:22am

Re: Thanks Guys
"And yeah, I know a lot of people my age in the scouts, but they're all republicans and are really weird about me being an atheist" When I was in scouts, they never said much about...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to Start
August 02, 9:26pm

Re: Rog
Now they discovered all this oil and gas in North Dakota and elsewhere, because of fracing. The main problem with fracing is that it's exempted from regulatory control for the most part. If...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
August 02, 9:22pm

Re: understood
"What can I do, as a person, to stop it? ... What should i do.. sell my truck and tools, go into the forest to grow crops and maybe live in a cave?..." Individually we can reduce energ...

August 02, 8:27pm

Re: Re: rain
I wear Goretex boots in the rain. Gaiters keep water from getting in the top.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Should I bring anything extra for possible rainy backpacking trip
August 02, 8:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: history review
Without carefully calculating - 95% of the posts you make on this site are about global warming, and I suspect the 5% of non-global warming is just so that people can't claim all you talk about...

August 02, 6:09pm

Re: My Paleo - failed for me? - Vitamin D
I read somewhere that after 15 minutes of sun exposure, the sun destroys vitamin D as fast as it creates it. So, you need to get 15 minutes of exposure The risk of skin cancer is low for that...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
August 02, 6:01pm

Re: Re: history review
Rog Do you get paid to make anti-global warming internet statements?

August 02, 5:35pm

Re: Re: history review
"I found out that the IPCC has been basing it's estimate of how much of the extra co2 we are responsible for on an estimate of co2 emissions from volcanic sources which is orders of magnit...

August 02, 5:28pm

Re: How to Start
Boy Scouts? I had a great time when I was young Totally depends on the group - some are good, some not so much My only complaint is they're sort of anti Gay and anti non Christian, but...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to Start
August 02, 5:17pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.