BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 7352 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...736

Forum » Thread

Re: Smartphone
Do standalone GPSes get better reception? Do smartphones lose acquisition worse in canyons? What I want is a unit that is good reception GPS, camera, and can send and receive text via satelite

In GEAR » Do the Garmin gps units with cameras take video as well?
May 23, 4:04pm

Re: Israel: Negev Desert
Nice, thanks That looks a lot like Southwest U.S. Interesting how much alike the rest of the world is

In Photo Gallery » Israel: Negev Desert
May 23, 2:45pm

Re: a bit of help
The threads on both sides of the Sawyer Squeeze are the same (except the output is male, the input female). I just took the cap off the Squeeze and screwed it onto the Sawyer 1 L bag.

In GEAR » The Sawyer Squeeze just got better
May 23, 9:29am

Re: Luggage and Bags
Put it in a carboard box and ship it before you leave so you don't have to deal with it through the airport. Carry-on a couple days worth.

In GEAR » Luggage and Bags
May 23, 8:08am

Re: Re: Re: Sawyer filter bottle with Evernew bags?
Maybe the Squeeze and the 3 way have the same filter element inside? I tried to unscrew the Squeeze a little, but couldn't gte it undone. I didn't want to break it though so I didn'...

In GEAR » The Sawyer Squeeze just got better
May 23, 7:24am

Re: Re: More pics and shout out to DIY Gear Supply
Look at http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=52864

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished my AT thru-hike Backpack (MYOG)
May 22, 8:31am

Re: More pics and shout out to DIY Gear Supply
That looks really nice, good job! I normally wouldn't critisize a finished project, but, maybe for the next one or for someone else? Shouldn't the shoulder straps be closer together w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished my AT thru-hike Backpack (MYOG)
May 22, 8:17am

Re: Catenary curve help?
What is the distance of your ridge line? Are you using silnylon? For silnylon, typical distance like 8 feet, probably 2.5 inches of deflection is about right. Just curious, what do you mea...

In Make Your Own Gear » Catenary curve help?
May 22, 8:05am

Re: Spending
I don't understand about the Obama meal being ordering anything you want because the guy behind you is paying. You must be talking about Obama-care

In Chaff » CA People -- in the hole for $500 per person?
May 21, 3:17pm

Re: Everest--for idiots?
Maybe they need to have two lanes - one up and one down : )

In Chaff » Everest--for idiots?
May 21, 1:32pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.