Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 7789 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...779

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Quantifried
"We have not seen any measurable increase in temperature over and above the natural recovery from the little ice age which can be attributed to co2...What weather effects? Evidence?" I...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
September 17, 4:07pm

Re: Making a tent / tarp for a desert
MLD Trailstar?

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a tent / tarp for a desert
September 17, 4:00pm

Re: Quantifried
Picture being worth thousand words: #1 - Now, we know CO2 level is way higher than historic levels and it's because of burning fossil fuels. Warming or other weather effects are barely ...

September 17, 2:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Quantifried
"Provided that temperatures don't start increasing at an alarming rate outside of what we've seen in the past from natural variability, I think it is reasonable and sensible to keep st...

September 17, 1:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Quantifried
When the CO2 was 8000 PPM, was it warmer than it would have been otherwise? So difficult to know that far back in time. I think we'll find out, but then it will be too late to do anything...

September 17, 12:00pm

Re: Win some, lose some
You don't need mesh most of the time in Oregon. Mosquitoes just after the snow melts, then those obnoxious black flies. Rest of the time not a problem. If conditions are marginal, set up...

In GEAR » Survey of lightweight one-person shelters?
September 17, 11:37am

Re: math and science
Does it matter if people are infected with no symptoms? They might pass it on to other people or animals, but we should already treat fec es as though it's infected with whatever. One theory ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia: Let's Talk SCIENCE
September 17, 11:33am

Re: Durable patterns
That's a good idea - patterns. I have some left over from a construction project.

In Make Your Own Gear » uses for Tyvek?
September 17, 8:39am

Re: Re: Re: cave
The real money is from the fossil fuel industry - if there's any herding instinct it's to fossil fuel industry grant money It's not that people are dying of global warming induced he...

September 17, 8:36am

Re: stakes for mld solomid
That's what I use but they're sort of marginal They can rotate in the ground and the guyline slip off And they tend to bend when I pound them in hard ground I often put a large roc...

In GEAR » stakes for mld solomid
September 16, 8:24pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.