Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 8135 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...814

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Silnet on silnylon floor
I have not tried silicone on polycro, but it didn't stick very good to non-silicone fabrics that I've tried I've tried it on polyester thread and that seems to work fairly good

In GEAR » Silnet on silnylon floor
November 02, 10:59am

Re: Re: Re: Re:Cliff Notes version
"If this thread is representative of how people talk to each other when they're having "fun"..." I think people have been fairly civil to each other Given that it'...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
November 02, 10:56am

Re: daypack/stff sack
Nice! I made something similar. I don't like regular daypack for backpacking because they're so heavy. A lightweight one like yours is good for a hike from basecamp - jacket, water, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Daypack/Summit Sack/Stuff Sack
November 02, 7:23am

Re: Silnet on silnylon floor
I applied diluted silicone to both sides of bivy bottom - for water-proofness Bottom started peeling after a while where it abrades against the ground I probably didn't dilute it as much ...

In GEAR » Silnet on silnylon floor
November 02, 7:05am

Re: Re: Romney/ Ryan 2012
Michael is very close to voting for Obama

November 01, 9:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Romney/Ryan 2012
Okay, Michael, I read the wikipedia link Still, I don't get what the big deal is In the couple weeks after, the Obama administration talked about the video as being a factor. That seems ...

November 01, 8:27am

Re: Jerry
When you say "But you'll never believe your boy could be such a criminal." Is that a racist statement? Calling Obama "boy"? Based on what else you've said, I don&...

November 01, 8:10am

Re: Sew like it's 1776?
Nice picture. Fine English. If one of those guys lifts his leg, there will be a gap of several inches below bottom and the socks/boots. Oh! There's Obama. Demonstrating his foreign pol...

In GEAR » Combining rain pants in gaiters into 1 product
November 01, 7:55am

Re: Jerry
I think you should look into birth certificate scandal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories And is that really Trump's hair? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki...

November 01, 7:44am

Re: Re: Re: Jerry
What I understand is that a local militia got arms that use to be Kadafi's. They were p...ed off about the video. They did an orchestrated and sophisticated terrorist attack. So, you are j...

November 01, 12:21am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.