BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 7055 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...706

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: White rice is killing you
"But I will never give up white bread, wheat bread is just so BLEH" That makes so sense - white bread is disgusting.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » White rice is killing you
March 16, 5:30pm

Re: Re: Re White rice is killing you
"Funny thing: Somewhere north of 4 billion souls use white rice as their main carb source. In large amounts. What am I missing?" Do they eat white rice or do they eat brown rice? I&...

March 16, 5:21pm

Re White rice is killing you
"What exactly would such a diet look like?" 30% vegetables, 20% fruit, the rest complex carbs, meat, fat,... Lots of green vegetables, brightly colored fruit, onions, mushrooms,... ...

March 16, 5:19pm

Re White rice is killing you
The reason they remove the germ from rice is so it has longer shelf life. When I make rice, I always use brown rice - store it in freezer. White rice, white flour, sugar in all it's forms...

March 16, 5:11pm

Re: Cairns
I suppose it's a violation of LNT but I just leave them Even when someone has made a number of artistic stacks of rocks On some routes they are very useful for finding the route

In Philosophy & Technique » Cairns and LNT?
March 16, 9:41am

Re: profanity
"I didn't know there even was a filter. Go figure." You obviously don't use profanity or the word Arsenic spelled in lower caps

In Chaff » The profanity filter here is absurd
March 16, 9:39am

Re: Re: ahh
You have a fleece jacket that weighs 18.85 oz - and fleece provides relatively little warmth - that's crazy! You could have a quilt or sleeping bag at that weight that would actually keep yo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Cat stove musings
March 16, 8:08am

Re: Cyclone stakes (MSR)
Put large rocks or driftwood on top of stakes to keep them from pulling out in sand

In GEAR » Cyclone stakes (MSR)
March 16, 7:50am

Re: Cordura
That makes sense, Roger Then there's really no reason for Cordura in lightweight gear Unless you want to slide it around on rock or maybe bushwacking in thorns

In GEAR » Material Perception
March 15, 4:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: first amendment rights?
"Don't you people have more important things in your life to do and to worry about?" Let's see - worry about excessive bumping? Maybe endlessly ridiculeing the people that c...

In Chaff » The profanity filter here is absurd
March 15, 11:40am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.