BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 6425 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...643

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Creating own tarp w/ isosceles triangle calculator
David, nice looking tarp!

In Make Your Own Gear » Creating own tarp w/ isosceles triangle calculator
October 19, 3:54pm

Re: What it all boils down to....
One side wants a limited federal government The other side wants reasonable federal spending The 1% use this and other arguments to distract us while they take what they want Actually it&#...

In Chaff » Occupy _________ protests?
October 13, 1:06pm

Re: Appeal to the American People? I Don't Think So...
Ben, you're blaming the victim Yes, were "lazy and complacent" to let it happen like Travis said. And we're stupid to run up debt, spend more than we earn, buy more house th...

October 12, 9:16pm

Re: Re: Occupy _________ protests?
Does Rush really believe what he says or is it just shtick?

October 12, 7:00pm

Re: Re: Vests
Down to 32F - I wear long sleeve base layer and maybe eVent jacket while hiking and add light synthetic vest (3 oz/yd2) around camp Down to 20F I replace synthetic vest with down vest or synthet...

In GEAR » I don't know how to wear a vest
October 12, 5:27pm

Re: RE: I don't know how to wear a vest
"Concerning MYOG, vests are a bunch easier to sew than jackets with sleeves." That's for sure Sewing sleeves on is difficult, at least for me. Getting them to look right and ri...

October 12, 4:15pm

Re: Re: Acclimation takes time, and water.
They spend weeks aclimatizing when they climb Everest Does spending one or two nights do anything when climbing at elevations like up to 14,000 feet?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Get over elevation sickness?
October 12, 1:31pm

Re: I don't know how to wear a vest
In cold temps your arms are cooler than your torso thus, your torso will lose more heat per surface area Insulation around your torso will prevent more heat loss than around your arms

October 12, 11:14am

Re: Re: Occupy _________ protests
Nice rant Miguel, well said I agree, until we get the money out of politics, it's a waste of time talking about anything else But any politician that pushes this will lose his financing a...

October 12, 8:13am

Re: responses
I don't think Democratic party has officially endorsed OWS, just statements like that "they have a point" Many Republicans called them "mobs" so they are definitely again...

October 11, 6:41pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.