Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 9301 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...931

Forum » Thread

Re: MYOG quilt help?
M50 - thruhiker.com nobul2 - http://www.titaniumgoat.com/Fabric.html - 0.76 oz/yd2 - more comfortable liner than M50, almost as water resistant as M50 for shell. Especially if you're using ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG quilt help?
July 07, 10:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Where is UAZ
Another business model would be to allow people to see the content, maybe just part of it, then ask for donation

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Where's Hendrik?
July 07, 4:57pm

Re: Re: Where is UAZ
"I do see now that there is another series produced that is similar in scope. Pay to watch content, pass." Ahhh - lesson learned : )

July 07, 4:54pm

Re: Re: Where is Hendrik?
If you give money to ULAZ or whatever, best to just write it off immediately in your head. Maybe something will come of it, maybe not. Hendrick seems like a nice guy, maybe over his head or some ...

July 07, 2:31pm

Re: potroast
You learn something new each day pot roast is talking about pot roast and soylent green pot roast?

In Editor's Roundtable » The Politics of Cottage Consumption
July 06, 5:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: serial
Soylent Green That's what I was thinking We must be old farts A local restaurant has a dish called "soylent green" because it has soy in it. Forget about it - I will not tou...

July 06, 5:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trace
"But no where were his packs criticized on this thread." I was just speaking in general I agree, one pack can not be best for all applications. Saying that shouldn't be conside...

July 06, 2:51pm

Re: Re: Trace
"Nice try. I can't change that." At least the name in parentheses is constant so there is a chance to find my way out of the confusion. I think mostly personal attacks should ju...

July 06, 2:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Crowdsourcing
Midas? Midas Mulligan? People constantly changing their names and avatars? I am just getting so confused...

July 06, 2:19pm

Re: intel
If I was intelectual, I'de know how to spell it : ) That's weird, after I hit refresh button, DJs avatar switched from squid face to mountain lake and DM from a different scene to the sa...

July 06, 2:09pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.