Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 8268 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...827

Forum » Thread

Re: Interesting
wear a synthetic or down vest instead of fleece

In GEAR » How do the Sea to Summit sleeping bag liners increase warmth?
December 04, 1:00pm

Re: Space blanket
You may be right Colin but, if the aluminum side faces in, then it will touch the surface that's closer, and will conduct heat well because it's aluminum, so you're not taking advant...

In GEAR » Question of the Day- which is better?
December 04, 11:38am

Re: Re: Re: Re: no no
If it's half an inch in the last 20 years, and the rate increases as the CO2 levels rise and polar regions warm, in 100 years we could have significant increase plus you have the increase fr...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
December 04, 9:08am

Re: Tent Fly: Minor Annoyance is Annoying
piece of fabric between pole and fly? glue it to fly with silicone?

In GEAR » Tent Fly: Minor Annoyance is Annoying
December 04, 8:26am

Re: Re: Re: US Dealers
Now all you have to do is provide email address

In Editor's Roundtable » Just Say No To Wicking: Non-Traditional Base Layers Based on a Next-to-Skin Fishnet Model
December 04, 7:59am

Re: Re: no no
I see you're conceding defeat, Rog You finally admit that melting polar ice has caused half inch rise in ocean level

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
December 04, 7:40am

Re: nalgene
Maybe hypothermia treatment should be practiced ahead of time to make sure it's done correctly

December 03, 11:49pm

Re: Spooning
If someone is hypothermic but alive, their skin temperature must be above 80 degrees F? Maybe 70 F? If you put them in a sleeping bag, you would want to take all their wet clothes off. If yo...

December 03, 11:38pm

Re: Spooning is for Co-Ed's
The aluminized surface should be on the outer layer, facing out, so you emit less radiation Or, less effective, anywhere inside Or, maybe it's even better to suspend above you - http://en...

December 03, 6:31pm

Re: Mylar blanket
Same discussion at portlandhiker.org with no definitive conclusions I think that if you had the alumized layer on the outside, then you would have no radiant heat loss which is maybe 25% of your...

December 03, 3:26pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.