Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 8193 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...820

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Clarke North American Hammocks
Allison asked, "Another question, in general (although specifically I'm thinking winter packing, if the answer is different depending on the season) do the hammock set ups tend to be light...

In Hammocks » Clarke North American Hammocks
October 21, 1:29am

Re: Lets talk pack space/size
Yup, been there and still dancing around it. Most of my trips are day hikes and overnights. I think thru-hikes and multi-day trips need a whole different kind of pack. Bear cans will always spoil t...

In GEAR » Lets talk pack space/size
October 20, 8:04pm

Re: What do you do for a living?
Hmmm, a group of people who will weigh everything in their pack to the smallest part of a gram, put it all in a spreadsheet, and seriously use things like titanium potty trowels? Yes, it is anot...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you do for a living?
October 20, 7:36pm

Re: Clarke North American Hammocks
The Clarks are well made, but heavy and expensive. You will need a bottom insulation system, so that should be a big factor in the hammock you choose. Clark makes a set of pads to go in the pockets...

In Hammocks » Clarke North American Hammocks
October 20, 3:05pm

Item withdrawn
Item withdrawn

In Gear Swap » FS: 5.11 Brand 300W Fleece Jacket Mens L/XL Black
October 20, 2:34pm

Re: Golite Jam Pad Support
I would buy a pack that works. Why dump money into a design that needs adaptation (and is still a load of compromises)? There are plenty of UL pack makers out there who have good designs that will ...

In GEAR » Golite Jam Pad Support
October 20, 11:48am

FS: Men's bottoms, L/XL, rain pants, shorts, long johns, shells
I upgraded my rain pants and went at the clothing tub for a little cleanup. All these items are in excellent condition except as noted. If you want several items I will reduce the prices where ship...

In Gear Swap » FS: Men's bottoms, L/XL, rain pants, shorts, long johns, shells
October 19, 6:31pm

Re: Who thinks all the first aid kits out there are crazy heavy?
I've had a problem on both ends of the weight range for first aid kits. The AMK .3 and .5 kits are okay and I add more meds, corizone creme, sting-kill, good tweezers and larger compresses. I l...

In GEAR » Who thinks all the first aid kits out there are crazy heavy?
October 19, 5:52pm

Re: WTB Dana Design Exterior Frame Pack
Consider the Osprey Exos series packs. They have external frames and excellent weight transfer. The Dana packs are outdated and heavy. If you can find three for sale, you will pay a premium for th...

In Gear Swap » WTB Dana Design Exterior Frame Pack
October 17, 4:13pm

Re: More durable hiking poles?
I'm using Black Diamond Trail poles and light they are not, but they *work*. I see that REI got out of the carbon pole business and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it was because of re...

In GEAR » More durable hiking poles?
October 17, 9:52am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.