BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 7473 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...748

Forum » Thread

Re: RE
The sliced tubing sounds good and easy. If you can cut it in a spiral, it might stay in place better. Heat shrink tubing may un-shrink under fire so to speak. The bandana is low tech and mu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Heat resistant dust tape
March 12, 11:33am

Re: SteriPEN vs H2O Amigo, a long distance hiker’s comparison
The review covers some interesting points, but I think the technologies are too diverse. An article with an overview and comparisons of electronic purifiers (UV and MIOX), chemical treatments, and ...

In Editor's Roundtable » SteriPEN vs H2O Amigo, a long distance hiker’s comparison
March 12, 11:08am

Re: Re: SteriPEN adventurer Opti question...
Roger Caffin did some testing with the newer model and reported better battery life. I use a simple strip of paper under the battery compartment cover to prevent discharging. I like the idea of ...

In GEAR » SteriPEN adventurer Opti question...
March 11, 12:54pm

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Gerber Recon LED Multi-color AA Flashlight
March 10, 9:10pm

FS: Marmot Men's Heavy Duty Gore-Tex Jacket, Large **SPF**
**Sold pending funds** I have a Marmot Vinson model Gore-Tex jacket, mens size large, dark gray over light gray (warm grays). Has inner zipper to zip in a fleece liner, pit zips, high mounted po...

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Men's Heavy Duty Gore-Tex Jacket, Large
March 10, 4:49pm

FS: Swiss Army Knives **ALL SOLD**
**All sold** I'm selling a couple of my Swiss Army knives. In perfect condition, clean, sharp and ready to use. Prices include shipping to US addresses and PayPal fees. **Sold** Swiss Arm...

In Gear Swap » FS: Swiss Army Knives
March 10, 12:17pm

Re: Hike in heavily wooded areas - rely on sticks for shelter supports?
You will see photos here and there in the forums with shelters pitched with sticks, most commonly with one added for tweaking the side of a shelter, etc. If you are in wooded areas with a reliab...

In GEAR » Hike in heavily wooded areas - rely on sticks for shelter supports?
March 10, 10:41am

Re: Light and slow!
"Youth is wasted on the young" --- George Bernard Shaw You have some related sports is all. Some like trail running or adventure racing, or their own version of it. Some are out for a ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why so fast?
March 10, 9:17am

Re: plug Platypus directly into filter
"Pop off the bite valve, plug in the hose to the filter outlet and pump. No getting your platy out of the pack. No contamination worries. No spilling." Katadyn sells quick-connect adap...

In Philosophy & Technique » Filling Platypus
March 10, 9:04am

Re: Equivalent Fabric to DriClime? Bag/Quilt Liner
Nylon tricot? Marmot made a driclime bag at one time, but it was heavier than a light down bag, IIRC.

In Make Your Own Gear » Equivalent Fabric to DriClime? Bag/Quilt Liner
March 09, 4:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.