BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 7524 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...753

Forum » Thread

REI backpacking checklist
Chris, your list is woefully incomplete. REI's list is below (http://www.rei.com/expertadvice/articles/backpacking+checklist.html) Somebody sit on Mike Clelland-- he may have a major medic...

In GEAR » Friendly expertise on camping. Please READ!!
March 22, 2:48pm

Re: Whats wrong with my half pyramid?
Release the back/center stake and get the ends squared away fist, then stake/guy the center. As the other writer noted, getting the pole higher will help, as will extending the corners with guy lin...

In Philosophy & Technique » Whats wrong with my half pyramid?
March 22, 2:38pm

Re: Friendly expertise on camping. Please READ!!
Cool! How does your REI experience relate to ultra-light hiking? How many through hikes have you done? How many hikes in the last year? Any international trekking? What is your base ...

In GEAR » Friendly expertise on camping. Please READ!!
March 22, 2:21pm

Re: Re: Thermarest user comment
I have a nice fat torso-sized air mattress too, but it's not that big a deal to blow it up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MheNUWyROv8

In GEAR » Plastic Bag to Blow Up Sleeping Pad ..?? How attached to valve??
March 21, 9:31pm

Re: Ultralight Repair Kit
I carry a "hotel freebie" sewing kit, a one-shot tube of super glue, and a couple small flat packs (18") of duct tape. The duct tape comes with a peel-off backing, which I find easie...

In GEAR » Ultralight Repair Kit
March 21, 9:16pm

Re: New patagonia ultralight down shirts
Like many of the thin insulated garments, not enough warmth for the weight. A thin fleece and a windshirt would be as warm, more breathable, and 1000x more versatile. The PowerStretch and R1 tops a...

In GEAR » New patagonia ultralight down shirts
March 21, 5:51pm

Re: Thermarest user comment
"Any Thermarest user care to comment?" You can walk up the side of mountain but blowing up an air mattress is too hard? What a bunch of woosies! Comment enough? HAH! My Therm-...

In GEAR » Plastic Bag to Blow Up Sleeping Pad ..?? How attached to valve??
March 21, 5:34pm

Re: scale
I use a Digiweigh brand postal scale that goes to 35 pounds in 0.1oz increments. The platform is abut 6"x9" and if that is too small, I zero it with a cookie sheet on top. Works great. Yo...

In Philosophy & Technique » scale
March 21, 5:19pm

Re: Whistles
A whistle with alternating tones may not register all the force on a decibel meter. Some whistles use dual tones (like the ACR), which can help attract attention. Anyone signaling with a whistle sh...

In GEAR » Whistles
March 19, 11:47am

Re: number of uses
How many sessions for filtering water? I'm sure it depends on the amount of silt. The wet filters are a little fragile too. I have used a #2 cone and filter and they do a good job of cleaning u...

In Make Your Own Gear » Seal-A-Meal Coffee Filter/Pre-Filter
March 19, 11:24am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.