BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 7451 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...746

Forum » Thread

Re: Skurka not human
And they bring him pic-a-nik baskets. Ranger Smith doesn't like it, but that's just tough ;)

In GEAR » Skurka using Ridge Rest Solar as only winter sleeping pad?
March 03, 11:10pm

FS: Exped Drypack Pro 25L 10.5oz Backpack--- Ion replacement!
Withdrawn

In Gear Swap » Exped Drypack Pro 25L 10.5oz Backpack--- Ion replacement!
March 03, 8:10pm

Re: Saving bag weight
I'm sure you can do the math for that and see if it works for you. I don't use down much. My point was that I can take a 32F bag (for example) and by using my clothing get to 20F with i...

In GEAR » Using sleeping bag as camp jacket to save weight?
March 03, 4:19pm

Re:camping spots on a cross country trip
As to hard surface camping, you will be walking roads and developed areas more than wilderness. You may find yourself camping in a parking lot, under a bridge, a "donated" porch, etc--- m...

In GEAR » MSR E-House?
March 03, 3:48pm

Re: Thermawrap - anyone know actual hip measurements?
"With everything I have from Montbell, I need a size larger than I normally wear. Their stuff is made for small people" Japanese company :) Likewise with UK sizes-- if you buy Montane,...

In GEAR » Thermawrap - anyone know actual hip measurements?
March 03, 3:19pm

Re: Using sleeping bag as camp jacket to save weight?
Since Day 1 when camping, I've seen people sitting around camp with a sleeping bag wrapped around them. If you can keep it out of the mud, why sit around and be cold? There are the quilt design...

In GEAR » Using sleeping bag as camp jacket to save weight?
March 03, 3:15pm

Re: Suggest me some UL mosquito proof shirt with long sleeves
Anything around that weight will be a windshirt and a little sticky to wear against the skin. Most base layer long sleeve shirts are more than 3.5oz and would be my choice for sleep. There are ...

In GEAR » Suggest me some UL mosquito proof shirt with long sleeves
March 03, 12:30pm

Re: Help Me Find Dupont Supplex Pants!
Outdoor Research Equinox pants are made of Supplex and aren't festooned with big cargo pockets and aren't as baggy in the leg. http://www.outdoorresearch.com/site/m_s_equinox_pants.html

In GEAR » Help Me Find Dupont Supplex Pants!
March 03, 12:15pm

Re: Heavier pack weight for winter?
Volume is an issue as much as weight. The pack gets larger, adding to the weight. Packs with some sort of frame will help.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Heavier pack weight for winter?
March 03, 11:49am

Re: need suggestions for sources for myog trekking poles for a little guy
I've seen really small kids hiking with standard poles that were simply adjusted shorter. Worked fine.

In Make Your Own Gear » need suggestions for sources for myog trekking poles for a little guy
March 03, 11:05am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.