Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 7566 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...757

Forum » Thread

Re: Unconventional PCT hiking method? (nocturnal hiking)
Have you checked the recent snowfall in Washington? We just got a bunch! Check the trail reports at nwhikers.net too. You might have a snowy start for a SOBO PCT trip. There is a snowpack report...

In Philosophy & Technique » Unconventional PCT hiking method? (nocturnal hiking)
April 01, 9:51am

Re: metric
Ah, yes, the metric issue. Americans have Ronald Regan to thank for killing the conversion to metric. It is such a joy to run into American cars that are a mix of English and metric fasteners (not)...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lightweight backpacking should go metric!
March 31, 6:16am

Re: Re: Mylar VBL failed
Yeah, the AMK SOL Emergency Bivy bag is like their HeatSheets, with a polyethylene base. Should make a good VBL. They also have a thicker and heavier bag, called a SOL Thermal Bivy. They recently a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mylar VBL failed
March 28, 2:48pm

Re: Still searching for a suitable shelter
I would look at the Six Moon Designs Gatewood Cape with a Serenity bug insert. You don't have to use it as rain gear, but you have that option. It does fit your other criteria. The SMD Oasi...

In GEAR » Still searching for a suitable shelter
March 27, 12:48pm

Re: Base weight/pack - what do you count?
Good question. Some do stretch things here and there and you will see list categories like "worn/carried." IMHO, you should start with just a basic clothing kit for the "worn&quo...

In GEAR » Base weight/pack - what do you count?
March 27, 12:13pm

Re: At what point do I remove my pack's aluminum stay?
Leave it in and be happy you have it!

In GEAR » At what point do I remove my pack's aluminum stay?
March 26, 10:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Water Purifiers
"Thanks Dale, so you are saying small is beautiful :)" Very much so, and small governments can be more responsive and practical (I would hope). I've equated New Zealand with the Sc...

In GEAR » Water Purifiers
March 26, 9:53pm

Re: So my dog fell off a cliff tonight...
I can imagine watching your dog go over and running up to the edge to see what happened. Glad she's okay! In my avatar, you can see my Aussie Shepherd and notice the boards are a little wet....

In Chaff » So my dog fell off a cliff tonight...
March 26, 1:11pm

Re: Daypack with Large Front Mesh Pocket?
A lot of the hydration packs have a large outer pocket for helmets and the like.

In GEAR » Daypack with Large Front Mesh Pocket?
March 26, 10:43am

Re: my dirty big secret, PLEEZ Read!!
Duct tape ninja quiver?

In GEAR » my dirty big secret, PLEEZ Read!!
March 26, 8:49am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.