Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 7867 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...787

Forum » Thread

FS: Hiking survival and essentials kit **SOLD**
**SOLD** I have some duplicates, so I put together one of my favorite hiking survival and essentials kits. This is top quality gear, not a collection of junk that will fail you when you are be...

In Gear Swap » FS: Hiking survival and essentials kit
July 10, 2:48pm

Re: New GoLite poncho tarp vs. MLD
I've used the old and new GoLite ponchos and either will work for a basic lean-to or a long skinny A-frame. With your waterproof bivy, you could sleep in a "tee" with the lean-to prot...

In GEAR » New GoLite poncho tarp vs. MLD
July 10, 11:10am

Re: Talon 22
I got out for an 8-miler yesterday with the Talon 22 and it worked very well for me. The only negatives are that the zippers on the waist belt pockets are hard to close with one hand and the pocket...

In GEAR » Favorite day pack and base weight?
July 10, 10:47am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot DriClime Vest, Mens XL
July 09, 9:15am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Steripen Opti Sheath
The Steripen is at highest greatest when you have it uncovered to use it, and I'll bet 99% of the time that is next to a stream or lake with lots of rocks about. A sheath isn't going to do ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Steripen Opti Sheath
July 08, 4:01pm

Re: Great tip
"I love this tip. I do this all the time when I'm backcountry skiing and want to shed a layer without stopping. You have really mastered this tip when you can do it while riding a bike...&...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
July 08, 3:52pm

Re: N0 TP for you, one week!
"wet moss is quite soothing, and it exfoliates!" Never thought about that. I have LOTS of wet moss. MILES of it! It even comes on a stick :) CLELLAND! Do you see what you have reduc...

July 08, 3:33pm

Re: Changing your shirt
Re: Changing your shirt Interesting, but I don't see the weight advantage :) I was reminded of watching a girlfriend changing her swim suit top under her tee shirt. My question is WHY? Ar...

July 08, 8:02am

FS: Lowrance iFinder Go GPS **SOLD**
**SOLD** I am selling my first GPS, a Lowrance Ifinder Go model. Is is a very simple unit with US base maps installed. If you want a basic fix, tracking and waypoints it works just fine. It is s...

In Gear Swap » FS: Lowrance iFinder Go GPS
July 07, 12:04pm

Re: +1 on the Alite
It's not sacrilege if you NEED a chair and you take the lightest one you can find :) I tried the Alite at REI and it was pretty funny watching me get in an out of it. I know a couple grad s...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Sling Light or Cradle Lounger Chair
July 06, 2:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.