BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 7526 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...753

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Hmmm
Hmmmm.... there's stepping in it, and then there is sliding in it and falling backwards in it and getting it on both hands. There are great people here and usually very forgiving of newbies...

In GEAR » Friendly expertise on camping. Please READ!!
March 22, 4:53pm

Re: Long distance Hiking journals
http://www.andrewskurka.com/ is a "local" favorite.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Long distance Hiking Jounrals
March 22, 2:53pm

REI backpacking checklist
Chris, your list is woefully incomplete. REI's list is below (http://www.rei.com/expertadvice/articles/backpacking+checklist.html) Somebody sit on Mike Clelland-- he may have a major medic...

March 22, 2:48pm

Re: Whats wrong with my half pyramid?
Release the back/center stake and get the ends squared away fist, then stake/guy the center. As the other writer noted, getting the pole higher will help, as will extending the corners with guy lin...

In Philosophy & Technique » Whats wrong with my half pyramid?
March 22, 2:38pm

Re: Friendly expertise on camping. Please READ!!
Cool! How does your REI experience relate to ultra-light hiking? How many through hikes have you done? How many hikes in the last year? Any international trekking? What is your base ...

March 22, 2:21pm

Re: Re: Thermarest user comment
I have a nice fat torso-sized air mattress too, but it's not that big a deal to blow it up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MheNUWyROv8

In GEAR » Plastic Bag to Blow Up Sleeping Pad ..?? How attached to valve??
March 21, 9:31pm

Re: Ultralight Repair Kit
I carry a "hotel freebie" sewing kit, a one-shot tube of super glue, and a couple small flat packs (18") of duct tape. The duct tape comes with a peel-off backing, which I find easie...

In GEAR » Ultralight Repair Kit
March 21, 9:16pm

Re: New patagonia ultralight down shirts
Like many of the thin insulated garments, not enough warmth for the weight. A thin fleece and a windshirt would be as warm, more breathable, and 1000x more versatile. The PowerStretch and R1 tops a...

In GEAR » New patagonia ultralight down shirts
March 21, 5:51pm

Re: Thermarest user comment
"Any Thermarest user care to comment?" You can walk up the side of mountain but blowing up an air mattress is too hard? What a bunch of woosies! Comment enough? HAH! My Therm-...

In GEAR » Plastic Bag to Blow Up Sleeping Pad ..?? How attached to valve??
March 21, 5:34pm

Re: scale
I use a Digiweigh brand postal scale that goes to 35 pounds in 0.1oz increments. The platform is abut 6"x9" and if that is too small, I zero it with a cookie sheet on top. Works great. Yo...

In Philosophy & Technique » scale
March 21, 5:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.