Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 7913 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...792

Forum » Thread

Re: poncho as under cover
I think the side shock cord is important. It helps shape the cover and make a much more effective seal. With a simple non-asym hammock, it can come over the top edge, making an excellent wind shiel...

In Hammocks » What about truly ultralight hammocks?
July 26, 9:34am

Re: Staff too short?
Yeah, it's too short. Your forearm should be about level in that pose. I'm 5'10" and my single staff is set at 49" from tip to strap mounting. For downhill travel a little lon...

In Make Your Own Gear » Trekking pole antishock
July 26, 9:10am

Re: Re: UL Hammock
Nice hammocks! How do you like the IX underquilt? I have an insert on order to use with my poncho under cover. IX looks like a good UL summer option. I did some experimenting yesterday and f...

July 26, 8:53am

Re: Hammocks and ponchos
You can use a poncho for a weather shield on your hammock, adding wind and rain protection and a "free" ~10F boost. The photo shows a Hennessy Expedition sans tarp with a 104"...

July 25, 11:04pm

Re: Re: A question about air inflated insulation and hammocks
A space blanket is 3oz and a few balloons? It's the physics I'm after!

In Hammocks » A question about air inflated insulation and hammocks
July 25, 10:33pm

A question about air inflated insulation and hammocks
I get the process with uninsulated air mattresses transferring heat due to convection currents when used on the ground, but I'm hoping that hammocks may be a little different. You can start by ...

In Hammocks » A question about air inflated insulation and hammocks
July 25, 9:49pm

Re: UL Hammock
Good for you on the asym pitch with the poncho-- that didn't occur to me. Is it enough with wind and rain? Why 6 guylines and 4 stakes? BTW, I reduced the effective weight of the Gatewood to...

July 25, 8:45pm

Re: Finnish SUL hammock
Interesting! A little Insultex in that mix would help, wrapped with a breathable nylon sheet or a cocoon. I could see using the space blankets like that in an emergency, but it seems it would get w...

July 25, 2:38pm

Re: Re: What about truly ultralight hammocks?
"just for mentioning my quilt on a public forum, you are entitled to a free ounce of down, on the house. remind me of this fact when you place your order." So how many times for a fre...

July 25, 2:21pm

What about truly ultralight hammocks?
After some research on hammocks, the thing that stood out is that they aren't all that light. A complete hammock system has a few more components than a Spartan ground camping system, with the ...

July 25, 12:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.