Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 7598 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...760

Forum » Thread

Re: Height
It's not an 8x10 tarp, but has 35sf inside, which is a lot for a solo shelter. It is not a long tube like many solos, so you have all the vestibule-like room on the outboard side for pack, boot...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape good in the PNW?
April 08, 8:17am

Re: Men in Tights
I forgot the old "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" movie: We're men, we're men in tights. We roam around the forest looking for fights. We're men, we're men in tights. We ...

In GEAR » Where to buy tights?
April 08, 8:03am

Re: Gatewood Cape good in the PNW?
Works for me and we're neighbors. There is condensation, but no more than any other single wall shelter. If the weather isn't stormy, it pitches with the bottom edge off the ground, providi...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape good in the PNW?
April 08, 7:52am

Re: Where to buy tights?
Check the running stores. Many choices.

In GEAR » Where to buy tights?
April 07, 10:04pm

Re: Ground cloth tie-down
Throw a couple rocks on it until you're done setting up. Re: water running under your shelter. That's one reason I use a ground cloth that is a little larger than needed and I roll the ...

In GEAR » GG Polycryo ground cloth
April 07, 9:51pm

GoLite Cady synthetic insulated jacket $60
On the GoLite site: http://www.golite.com/Product/ProdDetail.aspx?p=109009209

In Gear Deals » GoLite Cady synthetic insulated jacket $60
April 06, 6:53am

Re:Window insulation film
If you got to Home Depot, the film is in with the weatherstrip supplies. I paid $6.49 for a 62"x210" package.

In GEAR » Polycro?!? Ground Sheets for CHEAP!
April 06, 6:33am

Re: Hiking alone - how to amuse yourself?
Writing, reading, harmonica, Native American flute, a tiny radio, or just taking in the wonder of it all.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking alone - how to amuse yourself?
April 05, 10:08pm

Re: Re: Ultralight generic gear list
Timothy Premack wrote: "Dale -- I like your list. It is vendor agnostic. Unlike some other lists. Why don't you put it up the Wiki?" I added it to the Wiki. And yes, the ide...

In Gear Lists » Ultralight generic gear list
April 05, 6:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Best mug for morning coffee?
Forgot this one. I found it in a thrift store. 2.5oz/70g and holds 12oz/350ml. I think it is polyethylene and has a snap lid and a neoprene sleeve for insulation.

In GEAR » Best mug for morning coffee?
April 04, 6:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.