Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4791 - 4800 of 8042 | Page: 1 ...471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ...805

Forum » Thread

Re: A Marriage Proposal on Walden Pond
A most courageous enterprise :) Would ol' Henry David approve of a wife? I wonder.... I popped the question on the shores of False Bay on San Juan Island. False Bay because it is only a coup...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Marriage Proposal on Walden Pond
September 03, 1:19pm

Re: shoulder season gloves
I didn't mention gloves and hiking in cold rain with poles needs gloves. I have some Mountain Hardwear Tempest gloves that are basically rain shells with a microfleece liner-- just enough to ke...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you change in your kit for shoulder season?
September 03, 1:12pm

Re: What do you change in your kit for shoulder season?
One First class ticket to Maui One credit card with $25,000 limit One size XL Tori Richard Hawaiian shirt One pair Ex Officio shorts One pair Keen sandals One large tube sunscreen One pair Ra...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you change in your kit for shoulder season?
September 03, 8:47am

Re: Re: sources
I just got a Warbonnet Traveler double layer 1.1. I like it :) The double layer allows you to use a pad with little fiddling, so you can do cooler summer stuff without investing in an underquilt. A...

In Hammocks » Super Hammock Newb - help!
September 02, 8:37pm

SOLD: Dana Design Wet Rib Left, Brand New with tags, stuff sack and bottle
***SOLD*** I have a brand spankin' new Dana Design Wet Rib for the left side only with the tags, the stuff sack and the push-pull top bottle with the Dana logo. $30 including shipping to US ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Dana Design Wet Rib Left, Brand New with tags, stuff sack and bottle
September 02, 8:14pm

Re: Let's see your dinky stuff kit list
Good post. It can add up and the little things are handy and add safety and comfort. Some of my favorites: AMK emergency space blanket bivy (especially for day hikes) AMK .3 first aid kit,...

In GEAR » Let's see your dinky stuff kit list
September 02, 3:33pm

Re: Considering a BA Copper Spur UL1
Count the stakes needed on "freestanding" tents before you buy. Some of the BA models eat up TWELVE stakes for a full pitch. It looks like the CS UL1 uses nine stakes.

In GEAR » Considering a BA Copper Spur UL1
September 02, 11:36am

Re: PNW shelters, hammocks, etc
Welcome to Seattle! The bear and hammock thing is myth-- no more than bears chewing on tents or packs. I do hang my food. The real issue is that hammocks are about as heavy as a double wall t...

In GEAR » Yet Another Shelter Selection Thread
September 02, 11:10am

Re: Using a pack with excess capacity...
The 58 is only 3oz more than the 46, so I would go for the 58. I have a 46 that I like a lot, but I have that size because I got a super deal on it. I would get the 58 in a heartbeat. The BPL frame...

In GEAR » Using a pack with excess capacity...
September 02, 10:29am

Re: 6pm
I've made a couple clothing purchases with no problems, just normal orders. Looks like they are weak on the shoe side. Caveat emptor, always. They had R1 pullovers for $59.50, Nano Puffs at ...

In Gear Deals » Houdini at Zappos.com
September 02, 9:37am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.