BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4701 - 4710 of 5366 | Page: 1 ...462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ...537

Forum » Thread

Re: Abba Zaba and Big Hunk
+ 2 on Look candy bars. Thee are pretty hard to find.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Mid-day snacks / on the go lunch
March 05, 7:27am

Re: Snacks
+1 on Abba Zaba and Big Hunk. My guy at 7-11 makes sure they never run out, because I stop by several times a week.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Mid-day snacks / on the go lunch
March 04, 7:54pm

Re: my bad
"You guys in America dont use liters either do ya lol... 1/4 or so of a gallon then?" People are trying to force us though. Most of use don't do centimeters, milimeters, meters,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unwritten Rules of Backpacking with Buddies
March 04, 7:49pm

Re: RE: membership benefits
The forum is worth the membership fee. I figure the members are subventing the cost to host the forum.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why Should a Person Become a Member of BPL?
March 04, 10:21am

Re: New Balance MT 100
I have done several 50 - 60 mile hikes in flats. They hold up well unless you are hiking on sharp rocks that could tear the soles, sides, etc. At the end of a hard, strenuous trip, it is my legs th...

In Philosophy & Technique » Minimal hiking shoes
March 03, 7:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Minimal hiking shoes
Craig, If you do the May trip with me, the Jo Pond Trail is going to eat up your flats, volcanic rocks on the middle section will be hard on the soles... but the trip is best done in flats. ...

March 02, 10:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Interested
Craig, the Satuday - Monday timeframe makes the most sense. It would probably be best for you to get a good night's sleep and then leave around 3 am. No traffic and you will get here around...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » So Cal BPLers - Skyline-PCT-Jo Pond Trip in May
March 02, 10:31pm

Re: A host of ultralight/backpacking questions
Andrew, You can do this all your life. Maybe not everyday. I did it continuously for a couple years when I was young. But then eventually I had to earn a living and prepare for my future. I have...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A host of ultralight/backpacking questions
March 02, 9:51pm

Re: Nick
"Can I ask you why you find the GG pack to be easier to live out of? Better pocket placement?" The side pockets on the Ohm are small and harder to get things in and out of them than th...

In GEAR » GG Mariposa Plus vs. ULA Ohm for PCT
March 02, 9:16pm

Re: Minimal hiking shoes
Diane, Yes you are correct to a degree. Unfortunately the really minimal shoes are racing flats. But they aren't going to last to many miles. Next up (in weight and longevity) are Five-finge...

March 02, 8:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am