BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4701 - 4710 of 5468 | Page: 1 ...462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ...547

Forum » Thread

Re: Snakes....
Over the years, I have gotten used to them. They are not on my list of concerns, but not to say I am not careful. But the unexpected sound of a rattle still sends a chill down my back. The impo...

In Gear Lists » Zion National Park - Mid May
March 30, 9:38am

Re: Zion National Park - Mid May
"You are doing the trek, not Nick." Absolutely, and I agree. He has to hike his hike.

March 30, 9:24am

Re: Re: "Road racing flats"
Craig, if you are buying a brand that you are familiar with how the sizing is, you might try Kelly's Running Warehouse on the Web. They have some great prices and are located in San Diego. Shoe...

In Other Activities » Road racing flats
March 30, 9:21am

Snakes
Rarely see them at 65 F or lower. They prefer 80 - 90 F 100 F or higher they are in danger of dying. You are going to be at 6,000 - 7,000 feet elevation, right? Doubt you will have night t...

March 30, 8:48am

Re: Road racing flats
Craig, My son's college cross country team wears Asics. He told me that no one on the team could get a season's racing in one pair of Pirhanas, they wore out. They didn't practice in...

In Other Activities » Road racing flats
March 29, 11:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Caravans/Rv's as a Basecamp
Jim is busting my chops because our families went camping in February and I ran out of propane. I had forgot to refill after camping for a couple weeks in December where the night time temperatures...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Caravans/Rv's as a Basecamp
March 29, 9:15pm

Re: Buy salomon wings sky GTX?
Nicholas, Can you comment on why you need ankle support? Some of us may convince you that ankle support is marketing to get us to buy more expensive, and higher profit margin footwear.

In GEAR » Buy salomon wings sky GTX?
March 29, 7:11pm

Re: Am I ready for Rainier?
Probably not. If you have to ask if you are ready, then no.

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Am I ready for Rainier?
March 29, 7:05pm

Re: But why?
Two reasons: It can rub off on all over your other gear. It is extra weight to haul around :)

In GEAR » "The Magic Eraser"
March 29, 9:06am

Re: Shelter conundrum
I would get a nano tarp, and a bug net if necessary. But that means buying another shelter :)

In GEAR » Shelter conundrum
March 29, 9:02am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am