Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4701 - 4710 of 7322 | Page: 1 ...462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ...733

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: USPS will remain in business
"Seems like military and federal police [added by Doug: and any excepted personnel, many civilian federal workers are excepted from furlough] will have to work, but may not get paid during the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Government shutdown - effects on thru-hikers?
April 07, 12:51pm

Re: Anybody use a pot cozy?
I really like my pot cozy that I got from AGG for my MLD 850 pot. I rehydrate my meal in its own bag, and eat the meal, and the water still in the pot is still very for washing up and brushing my t...

In GEAR » Anybody use a pot cozy?
April 06, 7:11pm

Re: prius/xterra
"but it's been frustrating not to turn down some/most dirt roads" John, just go for it! I've taken both my Prius' down some pretty bumpy, pot-hole-filled dirt roads in the ...

In Chaff » What did you pay for gasoline today?
April 06, 9:20am

Re: Paramo Directional Clothing 60% Off.
A link, perhaps! ;-)

In Gear Deals » Paramo Directional Clothing 60% Off.
April 05, 8:28pm

Re: Hiking alone - how to amuse yourself?
I like to take songs I know pretty well, and then make up lyrics to the tune that fit the environment I'm currently hiking in. Had some great made-up lyrics to Regina Spektor's On the Radio...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking alone - how to amuse yourself?
April 05, 7:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: nature - hair insulation and aging
"I can't trim the darn things fast enough anymore" Just use the concurrent abundance of ear wax and give your ear hair a pompadour!

In Chaff » Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!
April 05, 6:27pm

Re: What did you pay for gasoline today?
I believe it was $3.54 on post for 87. When I first got my Prius it only cost me around $20 to fill it up. Now it's up to over $30! Of course, that lasts me almost all week (85 mile round-trip ...

In Chaff » What did you pay for gasoline today?
April 05, 6:23pm

Re: Single front pole?
Tried setting up with the single pole a bit ago. It won't work with a single pole in the middle. It might if it was zipped in, but with only having an attachment point at the top and at the bot...

In GEAR » The Duomid......
April 05, 6:19pm

Re: Re: Merrell Glove
Seem just about right. I normally wear an 8.5, which is what I bought in the Glove after trying them on.

In GEAR » Merrell Glove
April 05, 6:16pm

Merrell Glove
So I bought a pair of the Merrell Trail Gloves with the intent to backpack in them. Also bought a pair of the Merrell True Gloves to get my feet used to them (I'm wearing them now at work, and ...

In GEAR » Merrell Glove
April 05, 2:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am