Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4701 - 4710 of 7150 | Page: 1 ...462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ...715

Forum » Thread

Re: DIY Quilt from Sleeping Bag?
Is it possible? Of course. Tim Marshall converted a sleeping bag to a quilt for me. Of course, it was probably a bit easier since the bag had a center zip to begin with, but still, you can make any...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY Quilt from Sleeping Bag?
March 08, 10:16am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BPL Absaroka 50% off
Weird. The 10 larges I ordered went through without a hitch......

In Gear Deals » BPL Absaroka 50% off
March 08, 10:10am

Re: Re: Re: @ Tom
"The high tax rates are the result of the most immoral concept of all – self sacrifice" So if you and your wife are being attacked, you are exceptionally immoral if you sacrifice you...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 08, 10:08am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: real-world data
You can also get smoked mackerel in olive oil in those small tins, and smoked rainbow trout. Good stuff.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » JMT thru hike -Nutrition
March 08, 8:22am

Re: GG LightTrek 4 vs TiGoat AGP
Neither is better. They're both great poles. I've used and owned both. Ken is right, it really comes down, mostly, to the grip. They are quite different, and one pole's grips do not ...

In GEAR » GG LightTrek 4 vs TiGoat AGP
March 08, 8:14am

Re: TrailLite Designs - Bandoleer Pack
Cool looking pack, Thom. Your continued creativity with thought and design is great! Are there 'drain holes' at the bottom of the large outside pocket?

In GEAR » TrailLite Designs - Bandoleer Pack
March 08, 8:11am

Re: Re: Approval
"But then I realized, what I am going to do with "points" if I'm not planning on buying something else?" You obviously haven't been married very long.......

In GEAR » 2011 Gear Purchase Moratorium?
March 08, 8:08am

Re: Re: Lazy Hanger
Karl, I attach the whoopie slings to the tree hugger straps with carabiners. Not the lightest system, but it works for me, and I don't have to mess around with any knots and such.

In Hammocks » Lazy Hanger Question
March 08, 7:54am

Re: Live in the Mid-Atlantic? - What degree bags do you use most after winter?
If I had to get one temp-rated bag/quilt for 3-season use around here, I'd go for a 30 degree bag/quilt (I use quilts). It can pretty easily get near 30 in spring and fall, as you know. For ...

In GEAR » Live in the Mid-Atlantic? - What degree bags do you use most after winter?
March 07, 8:47pm

Re: 2011 UL Gear List
"Neoair is a expansive and somewhat fragile piece of gear that is worth IMO keeping well protected. Where do you pack it in your pack?" I also just roll it up and pack it in the pack (...

In Gear Lists » 2011 SUL Gear List
March 07, 8:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am