Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4701 - 4710 of 7457 | Page: 1 ...462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ...746

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Fancee Feest Modification
"Dan, you shot that video in a very bright area. The faint blue alcohol flame doesn't show up." Bob must have a PC. The flame shows up on my Mac on both sides of the pot. In fact I...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fancee Feest Modification
April 24, 8:03am

Re: Re: glad we are not all the same..makes life great
"Also, how many people have read the entire Bible?" Me. With a bible concordance, bible dictionary and notebook spread across the table. Used to do my reading/studying at night after e...

In Chaff » It's only a movie
April 23, 9:56pm

Re: Anyone cross shop these two packs?
"(you could PM me if necessary)" Please don't! It's a great question David, and I'm interested in the answers as well!

In GEAR » Anyone cross shop these two packs?
April 23, 7:31pm

Re: Tent lost 1/2 pound
Very cool Daryl. I'm glad you share your tinkering with us, always fun to see the creative process!

In Make Your Own Gear » 1 Person, 2 Pound, Dble Wall Tent
April 23, 5:32pm

Re: Photo of it on? - Packa
Okay Rod, here's a few photos of me wearing the Packa with a full SMD Starlite (a pic of just me with the Starlite included as well). . . . . . .

In Gear Swap » FS: eVent Packa
April 23, 1:58pm

Re: Americans Buy Stuff They Don’t Need
"non-essential stuff including pleasure boats, jewelry, booze, gambling and candy." I just categorically disagree with booze being non-essential. A fine scotch is, indeed, necessary fo...

In Chaff » Americans Buy Stuff They Don’t Need
April 23, 8:27am

Re: ..
They don't fit me! I'm going to pick up the Alpine Light in large.

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell Thermawrap Parka/Alpine Light Down Parka - M
April 22, 10:08pm

SOLD/SPF: Montbell Thermawrap Parka - M
TAKEN - Montbell Alpine Light Down Parka, Mens medium, royal blue, excellent condition, probably new in 2009 SOLD PENDING FUNDS: Mens' Thermawrap Parka, medium, gun metal, very good conditio...

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell Thermawrap Parka/Alpine Light Down Parka - M
April 22, 9:49pm

Re: Sorry for the minunderstanding
"it just means people here are level headed and down to earth." If you want to hang on to that perception I suggest you stay out of chaff...... ;-)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New here and have some questions for you pro's
April 22, 7:48pm

FS: MLD eVent mitts - SOLD
Mitts are sold. New, never used.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD eVent mitts - M
April 22, 6:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am