BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4701 - 4710 of 6524 | Page: 1 ...462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ...653

Forum » Thread

Re: WTB Leki Super Makalu--just need the lower section
I've got an old Ultralite Makalu if that would work.

In Gear Swap » WTB Leki Super Makalu--just need the lower section
October 04, 9:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
I don't know about orange moons, but blue moons seem to like watching me standing alone, and for some reason they've got it in their minds that I don't have a dream in my heart. I do. I...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
September 23, 9:32am

Re: Re: Re: New Tim Marshall Epiphany Under Quilt
What modification would it need? Zippered footbox?

In Gear Swap » New Tim Marshall Epiphany Under Quilt
September 21, 7:05am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
"They seem to like flat beer in the south of England, but rest assured that if you ever visit the north of the country, you will find the beer is hand pulled through a sparkler and carries a n...

September 21, 7:01am

Re: +1 for wine
Australia is blessed with one of the funniest, most talented, irreverent (to put it mildly) singer/songwriter/comedian/actors ever. I just bought a few Tim Minchin DVDs and CDs! But, uhhhhhh, I ...

In Chaff » Australia purchase assistance needed
September 21, 6:54am

Re: Re: Happy to help
Thanks everyone! It seems I was mistaken. Australia only simply meant that I had to order from Australia, not that I had to be in Australia! I've ordered my stuff, can't wait to see what it...

September 20, 9:06pm

Re: Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
"I am still undecided on the impact of CO2 on climate, but feel we should be making every attempt to reduce CO2 for many other reasons even if global climate change isn't impacted." ...

September 20, 2:24pm

Re: Australia purchase assistance needed
"Mail order Bride, eh?" How they fit 'em in the boxes is beyond me! I guess that's why you've got to go with overnight shipping.....

September 20, 2:17pm

Australia purchase assistance needed
Calling all Aussies! Well, only one, really. I want to buy something online, but it's only available to those in Australia (some in UK, but mostly just Australia). I'm happy to pay all c...

September 20, 1:26pm

Steep and Cheap
For those who like to keep an eye on SteepandCheap, and have an iPhone, they have an iPhone app out now. In the Apple App Store. FWIW.

In Chaff » Steep and Cheap
September 15, 10:59am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am