BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4701 - 4710 of 6571 | Page: 1 ...462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ...658

Forum » Thread

Re: How is UL backpacking creeping into your daily life?
The UL mindset can really change you radically. At the age of 50, thanks to a UL mindset, I finally decided to get circumcised to lower my "base weight". I insisted on titanium surgica...

In Philosophy & Technique » How is UL backpacking creeping into your daily life?
November 11, 9:09pm

Free stuff-BPL members only-TAKEN
Edward gets the loot. This offer is for BPL members only! I've got stuff I'm tired of having crowding up my closet (well, actually, it's kinda in a pile on the floor, but....). Yo...

In Gear Swap » Free stuff-BPL members only
November 11, 8:06pm

Re: GOD BLESS OUR VETERANS
Something I wrote as a young sergeant while in Iraq during Desert Storm. Ended up in the European Stars and Stripes. FWIW. Saying goodbye to those who paid the price of peace Four pairs of co...

In Chaff » GOD BLESS OUR VETERANS
November 11, 6:49pm

JRB Mt. Washington 3 UQ - Sold
Sold to Joshua JRB Mt. Washington 3 UQ, excellent condition.

In Gear Swap » JRB Mt. Washington 3 UQ
November 06, 8:36pm

Re: Re: Potentially fatal mistakes
"Very good point, Tom. Just imagine what we wouldn't learn if we didn't talk about and voice our opinions about what happens. And Sarah's objections are useful, too, in that they p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker Missing In Cascades Found Alive
October 28, 7:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Potentially fatal mistakes
Gosh Tom. The second post in recent days from you that's very well thought out, very well put, very well reasoned. I can't wait to get old too so I can better express myself! ;-)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker Missing In Cascades Found Alive
October 28, 6:55pm

Re: New to the site-with a question
There's the Ebira. That might work for you.

In Fishing » New to the site-with a question
October 26, 10:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What matters most
"Probably one of the more bizarre posts in my 2 years here at BPL." Gee, thanks for the challenge Travis.....

In Chaff » What Matters Most
October 26, 10:26pm

Re: What Matters Most
NA

In Chaff » What Matters Most
October 26, 10:16pm

Re: Value of M-Life
Old thread

In Chaff » Value of M-Life
October 26, 9:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am