BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4701 - 4710 of 6564 | Page: 1 ...462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ...657

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What matters most
"Probably one of the more bizarre posts in my 2 years here at BPL." Gee, thanks for the challenge Travis.....

In Chaff » What Matters Most
October 26, 10:26pm

Re: What Matters Most
NA

In Chaff » What Matters Most
October 26, 10:16pm

Re: Value of M-Life
Old thread

In Chaff » Value of M-Life
October 26, 9:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re but at what price?
"I guess the bottom line is that I believe that man, on an individual level, is a noble creature; ...and most others buy into William Golding's man." I certainly think he can be, a...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
October 26, 9:05am

Re: Hiking without cushioning
I did a 3-day, 85-mile hike in PA with NB MT-100s. I was tired at the end of the third day, but my feet felt fine.

In Philosophy & Technique » Hiking without cushioning
October 26, 8:51am

Re: titanium goat
In some ways more interesting. You can hook the bottom of one into the top of another, to make a 'long' pole for mids. They also sell (I believe) a fly fishing 'kit' that assembles ...

In Gear Swap » [FS] Used GG LT4, Gossamer Gear Lightrek 4
October 25, 7:26pm

Re: Re: Re: straps
Hi Joseph, No worries. But I'll respectfully decline your offer. I wasn't and am not currently looking to sell mine (the straps are easily detachable so I don't have to use them). ...

October 25, 6:50pm

Re: eVent Pant
I have the RAB Bergens and love them. Well made, they seem durable, and I love the ability to vent through the long side zips when really exerting. Highly recommended.

In GEAR » eVent Pant
October 25, 9:57am

Re: straps
I've got a pair with straps that I bought as a backup pair. I'd be happy to trade you my poles with straps (and leukotape wrapped around the top part of the poles) for these without straps,...

October 25, 7:17am

Re: hammock for banana sleep position?
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong (perhaps even if I'm right.....), but you could probably use any hammock and just 'erect' it loosely if you want to sleep banana-sh...

In Hammocks » hammock for banana sleep position?
October 23, 8:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am