Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4701 - 4710 of 6984 | Page: 1 ...462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ...699

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Coe Wood Stove burnout
"Would Sam H & BPL be willing to drop a Backcountry Boiler in a box to us for testing at the wood stove burnout?" Well, let's just say that won't be necessary.......

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
February 14, 3:33pm

Re: Rainwear for dangerous rain
"I've worn various base layers under Paramo over the years (I've been using it for two decades) but have settled on lightweight merino wool." Thanks much! I have the Velez Lite...

In GEAR » Rainwear for dangerous rain…
February 14, 3:30pm

Re: Rainwear for dangerous rain… Paramo-Chris
Hey Chris, What do you wear under the Paramo top, if anything, on colder wetter days?

February 14, 3:22pm

Re: will eVent packa breath?
The pack cover portion of the eVent Packa is sil, not eVent, FWIW.

February 14, 3:19pm

Re: Appreciated.
Definitely do the same thing again, as long as it's not too cold. But I can walk with wet feet all day and it doesn't bother me like it does some folks.

In GEAR » MT101 users
February 14, 3:11pm

Re: PACKA
FWIW, eVent Packa comes with pit zips as well.

February 14, 3:08pm

Re: MT101 users
I am not a trail runner, but I use MT100s for backpacking. I used the MT100s for a 3-day trek in PA last spring. Wet all three days with numerous stream crossings, my feet were never really dry....

In GEAR » MT101 users
February 14, 3:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Incomprehensible drivel!
nm

In GEAR » Double walled mini volcano kettle
February 14, 2:39pm

Re: re: 7 hours
"The self-righteous should should be careful, rarely are they completely innocent of what they condemn others for." Agreed. But would like to add, before it's lost in all the froth...

In GEAR » Double walled mini volcano kettle
February 14, 1:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Roger style poncho
the eVent one. If I can remember, and if you're interested, I'll pack it in to Coe so you can have a look.

February 14, 1:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am