Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Wills (willspower3) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale David Wills hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me 25 years old. AT 2009, PCT 2011.
StateGA
CountryUSA or S. Korea
My PDF Gear ListPCT 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Wills

Showing 471 - 479 of 479 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Forum » Thread

Testing
I used my quilt friday night when it got down to 40* in Athens. I had on blue jeans and a thin button up dress shirt, no hat, no socks. I had no tarp or other form of wind protection, and a wal-m...

In Make Your Own Gear » 12 oz summer quilt
October 22, 9:42pm

genious!
That is such a great idea. You never cease to amaze me Bill.

In Make Your Own Gear » Climashield Combat Toe Cozies
October 22, 7:35pm

Thanks
It's too early to tell at this point, but I can't see any problems arising. I figure if one of the loops comes undone, you could raise the outer shell, do another loop going from the liner, throug...

October 19, 3:41pm

12 oz summer quilt
Hey everyone, I made a summer quilt last night out of 4.5mm silk, 1 layer of 2.5 oz Climashield XP, and a shell of Momentum. It weighed in at 12 oz with the stuff sack , and packs down to 3 Liters...

October 17, 11:26am

Re: 7 ounce Polarguard-Delta Quilt
Hey Bill, I was wandering how well the quilt covers you with those widths?

In Make Your Own Gear » 7 ounce Polarguard-Delta Quilt
September 22, 9:23pm

under $100, 4lb 1oz, no clothes, minimal sewing
This is for 30* and considering the most minimal sewing skills- * = homemade cost oz *8.5x5 Cape/tarp$18 8 5 Alum Stakes $3 2.5 Mylar Gr. cl. $1 1 Thinlite Pad $8 2 Surplus...

In Gear Lists » Cheapest UL Gear List Challenge
May 22, 11:45pm

New Tarp Tent
Ill go with '7x9 tarp' spinnaker 17 oz with floor. I like the simplicity of the design, very similar to the original tarp tent, which in my opinion hasn't been improved on by shires (18 oz origina...

In GEAR » New Tarptent (not the Rainbow)
May 21, 5:40pm

Re: Re: Lightweight gear for Scout troop
How old are you, Im 19 and about to go between 2&3 lbs ( at 3.5 now) depending on my next paycheck (cuben vs spinnaker for things). Its cool to see another young fellow in UL pursuits.

In Gear Lists » Lightweight gear for Scout troop
April 18, 2:57pm

Re: Cheapest UL Gear List Challenge
Ide like to add the 5 oz $5 6x8 industrial PVC tarp/cape from GG (sheet bends for rope) and a 1 oz $5 AAA dorcy flashlight from WalMart. My sub 2 oz stove/pot/stand (tealight/coke can) is basicall...

In Gear Lists » Cheapest UL Gear List Challenge
April 14, 7:42pm

All Reader Reviews by David Wills

David Wills has posted no reviews.