BPL Community Profile

Roger B (rogerb) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Here and there
About Me Mathematics and Teacher Educator been walking, on and off-track in many countries. My interest is in appreciating the outdoors, wherever I may be.
My Website URLhttp://www.nielsenbrownoutdoors.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roger B

Showing 471 - 480 of 587 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Forum » Thread

FS Nunatak Arc Alpinist Sleeping Quilt.
Sold, thanks for looking

In Gear Swap » Nunatak Arc Alpinist Sleeping Quilt.
April 20, 6:56pm

FS Fibraplex Tent Poles
I have 2 Fibraplex tent poles that were specially made for a tent that I no longer own. These poles have a length of 129" and each pole is divided into 11 sections . These poles include Gromme...

In Gear Swap » Fibraplex Tent Poles
April 20, 6:46pm

Re: Montbell tech tab and browsers
Firefox 2.0.0.3 and Intel Mac you get the Tech Specs but they do not appear on Safari 2.0.4 Hmmmmm

In GEAR » New montbell site
April 19, 6:35pm

Re: Anybody?
My preference is for Pertex Quantum windshirts from Montane (UK). Sadly not readily available in the USA. Although you could try Prolite

In GEAR » Most Breathable Sub-6oz Wind Shirt W/ Hood?
April 16, 12:10pm

Re: lightest digital that takes AA batteries
Were you thinking of the Canon S3 IS?

In Photography » lightest digital that takes AA batteries
April 16, 10:32am

FS Gossamer Gear Sleeplight Sleeping Bag New Price
New price is $250 shipped in the conUS. Paypal preferred, email me at bluff2bogong@mac.com or PM me

In Gear Swap » Gossamer Gear Sleeplight Sleeping Bag
April 16, 5:56am

Re: Rab Summit Extreme
Both companies are part of the same group and Rab took over the tent production whilst Outdoor Designs concentrated on other sections of the market. There still appears to be Outdoor Design shelter...

In GEAR » Rab Summit Extreme
April 16, 5:46am

Re: WTB 30-40 degree down bag
I have a Gossamer Gear Sleeplight, in Long if you are interested Roger

In Gear Swap » WTB 30-40 degree down bag
April 13, 3:32pm

Re: Foretrex 101 and Lithium Batteries
Yes I have used Lithium Batteries on the Alkaline Setting, they lasted about 20 hours in Normal Mode.

In GEAR » Foretrex 101 and Lithium Batteries
April 11, 6:57pm

Re: BD Betalight Patty Grade VI Q's
I have used a Betalight on a number of trips in the US and Europe. I have used it as a tarp, with the floor and with the Beta bug when my wife is with me. I have severe thunderstorms and torrential...

In GEAR » BD Betalight Patty Grade VI Q's
April 09, 6:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Roger B

Showing 1 - 10 of 28 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
It took me a while to start using the stove but now it is the only stove I will use when traveling light. Its light weight coupled with the ability to use with many different pots makes this a stand o...

In Stoves - Other
September 19, 12:45pm

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
In fact these gloves are so good I always "baby" them a bit, even though it is unnecessary. The gloves work well in cooler and wet weather and I use them with trekking poles in cooler condit...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
January 25, 10:31am

Mountain Laurel Designs Grace Solo .97 Spinntex
This tarp is an example of the MLD teams great workmanship coupled with excellent design. Kevin has already described the tarp correctly, so all it is left for me to say is that it is a great piece...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 25, 9:58am

BackpackingLight.com
When it came to the need to change the delivery address from local to international for an impending delivery, there was no fuss. After a couple of emails the address was changed and the products arri...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 16, 12:50pm

C and C Outdoors
Yes I had hoped for a great deal on their Integral designs equipment, but in the end I gave up and went elsehwere (and paid more). I wanted the gear, not the stories,

January 24, 4:27pm

Pentax Optio WP
The Optio WP is always in my pocket on a trip. Its lightweight and reliability ensures that I get every photo I want. Coupled with a gorilla pod it enables me to extend the range of light in which I c...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
January 17, 6:45pm

Jolt Gum
For me the taste is non descript, maybe my taste buds have suffered from the coffee I drink in the Bodegas in NY. I use jolt in the afternoons when I am beginning to lose concentration, and am begi...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
December 12, 6:56pm

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
My micropuff is my go to Pullover and coupled with my possum fur vest has provided me with warmth and comfort into the teens. Additionally it packs small.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
December 09, 7:02pm

Rainy Pass (Gear Repair)
Whilst many of the readers of the site are very adept at repairing and making their own gear there are some who are not. I am one of them. As a consequence I have used Rainy Pass on 2 occasions, one t...

December 01, 7:36pm

IBEX Wool Liner Gloves
Light, warm and solid. These are the gloves I use when it is cold and windy, they are ideally suited for use with trekking poles and even when they are damp, they help to keep your hands warm. In s...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
December 01, 7:16pm