Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 471 - 480 of 820 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...82

Forum » Thread

Hippies
"Hippies like to do mellow drugs such as acid as pot in the national parks because its natural. and they get stupid ideas to mess with your stuff. if you've been a lucky guy all your li...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Theft of camping gear
June 06, 9:52am

High country
Depends on where you are, I guess. We have towns over 10K in Colorado so numbers alone don't mean anything. I never use that term myself. I don't have any particular preference for being ab...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What is High Country ?
May 24, 6:15pm

Air horn
I'm sure the air horn will work at least for the bears I'm used to. I was just thinking of picking one up but not for backcountry use. Something to quickly grab at home to scare them off. L...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bears bears bears
May 24, 4:27pm

Probably the Versalite
If you're going to really dial it in with 3 bags like that, the Versalite would seem to be the more logical choice to me. I'm comfortable in the shoulder seasons (I add down booties) with t...

In GEAR » WM Alpinlite or Megalite as 3 season bag for warm sleeper?
May 23, 8:07am

Craigslist
"I can go to craigslist a get 50% off most items I see on the swaps here." Maybe it's different where you live but I don't see the type of gear I want on Craigslist very often....

In GEAR » Where did Gear Swap go?
May 21, 3:11pm

Lower prices
Why would someone lower their prices when they are selling at those prices? How would that generate more traffic on Gear Swap? An item is posted, someone wants to buy it at that price, and the tran...

In GEAR » Where did Gear Swap go?
May 21, 2:48pm

Stove danger
@Mary "Not only alcohol cookers!!! When campfire bans are in place, you need to check carefully by jurisdiction. Many jurisdictions include wood-burning stoves in the ban. Some jurisdicti...

In GEAR » Alcohol cookers...please be careful out there
May 21, 11:39am

Hewlett fire
It was very dry. That area hasn't received much of the moisture other areas in Colorado have. There was, and is, a fire ban in place and he was using the alky stove illegally. I've argued b...

In GEAR » Alcohol cookers...please be careful out there
May 19, 3:04pm

It's good
"Randy -- No offense meant. Trust me, I appreciate the comments." Sorry if I misunderstood Matthew. Enjoy your Tenkara setup. It should be really fun.

In GEAR » Taking the Plunge and Looking for a Single pair Trail/Camp/Water Shoes
May 18, 10:15pm

Shower
I have that shower. I've only taken it twice and don't plan on using it much. I used it once to test and once when I knew I was going to finish the day early on a really hard and hot hike o...

In GEAR » What I learned from two Heavyweights
May 18, 1:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.