Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 471 - 480 of 743 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...75

Forum » Thread

SL3
I have no issues with the non-winter pitch. But I'll have to work on the winter pitch in the backyard a bit before trying it again in the field. A proper pitch will increase the room quite a bi...

In Winter Hiking » SL3 condensation
March 07, 4:20pm

Condensation
Thanks for the reply Eric. I think my problems mostly come from not understanding what to expect in winter conditions. I've done some reading and it sounds like some condensation is unavoidable...

March 07, 5:00am

Canadian vs US black bears
Has anyone read any theories on why Canadian black bears are apparently more dangerous than U.S. black bears?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Bear Attacks" by Stephen Herrero
March 02, 1:47pm

SL2
Hey Dondo, you could always sell him yours. I haven't seen a trip report in quite a while so you must not be getting out much. :) You won't get down to $99 but he could buy the tent and ...

In GEAR » Golite flys and nests no longer available separately
March 01, 12:42pm

Try Golite
I agree with checking with Golite. They seem like a good company to deal with. My puppy chewed up a bit of my Rainshadow 2 and I sent it back to Tarptent for them to fix it. I told Henry to take h...

In Make Your Own Gear » Oh that dog "tent repair"
February 28, 11:02am

SL3 condensation
I was on a hut trip over the weekend and I brought along my Golite SL3 to test out in winter conditions and figure out how to pitch it. I'd read of quite a few people using it as a winter shelt...

February 27, 10:38am

Altitude
I'm not sure if there's any way to predict if you'll have any problem at altitude. I have a friend who lives at 6000' and is very good shape and also a backpacker and ski instructor...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Winds, solo?
February 19, 1:05am

Apple
"Also, names are tied to products. I have many vinyl records manufactured by a company named Apple, no relation to the Apple here in the US. And both used an apple as their logo." Appl...

In Make Your Own Gear » My Caldera Clone
February 18, 10:18am

Re: "Oh Man! I forgot my _______ again!"
I forgot my dog's food one time on a 3 day trip. All his gear was on the list except for food. We hustled and did the trip in 2 days instead of 3 and he shared my food. Could have been worse. C...

In Gear Lists » Oh Man! I forgot my _______ again!
February 14, 2:10pm

Fire
So in that video the woman is talking about people carrying a an alky stove and how it’s fun to have a campfire, and freaking out when going to sleep and and there was still embers burning and th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol Stoves a fire hazard?
February 09, 11:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.