Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 471 - 480 of 704 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...71

Forum » Thread

Big 5 carries them as well
Jeff, I bought a set at a Big 5 in Salt Lake when I was out there on business so you can try them, too. We have Big 5's out here but I went to get an In 'N Out burger and drove by a Big 5 a...

In GEAR » DriDucks question
October 27, 4:10pm

Colorado
"You Colorado boys tick me off!" Head on out Adam. The hiking and the beer are fine! Paul, thanks for the pointer to that trip report. That just went on my to do list. I've n...

In Post-Trip Reports » A Beer, A Burger and an Adventure -Post Trip Noshing
October 27, 10:38am

Cans
"Personally, I haven't given much time to the can trend for craft beers because, although its great for light management, the aluminum can is otherwise a trainwreck for holding fine beer. ...

In Chaff » "Beer in a Can"
October 26, 9:04pm

Most disappointing
I've never had any really bad trips. The most disappointing was a few years back when some friends and I had planned a 4 Pass Loop trip for at least 6 months and it coincided with my 50th birth...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Worst Trip
October 25, 9:12am

UL
"You're making me hungry and underscoring the limitations of ultralight---which that tasty meal clearly violated." Whadda ya mean? That food didn't change my base weight! :) ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best backcountry meal ever?
October 24, 9:56pm

Beer
I had the reverse happen to me last year on my ill-faited trip to Pear Lake in RMNP last October. I had placed a few beers in a snow bank and left one behind when I headed out. I passed a guy near ...

October 24, 1:18pm

Best backcountry meal ever?
I think this is pretty tough to beat for the best backcountry meal ever. I do FBC 99% of the time, and eat well, but last weekend I was going into RMNP where you have take a "real" stove ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best backcountry meal ever?
October 22, 9:31pm

Beer
"That's quite a lineup Randy. I've heard good things about the Ska brews." And you should have! Ska makes excellent beers. Modus Hoperandi is currently my favorite IPA. That...

October 22, 9:07pm

Re: Dngers on the trail
"I love statistics. Perhaps we can discuss how many people venture into the backcountry in California versus how many live in urban areas. Re-work the averages. Report back." I don'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Black bear encounters
October 22, 8:42pm

"What do you do for a living?"
IT. But I'm not a geek, I just play one at work.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you do for a living?
October 21, 9:34am

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.