BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 471 - 480 of 647 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...65

Forum » Thread

Box Canyon
Dondo, I'm trying to determine where you got stopped. I made it to the point where you are heading down the left side of the creek for a while, and you have to step over a hole in the trail tha...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek: Box Canyon
July 25, 10:23am

Beer
"Making your own beer is the way to go. Any style you feel like drinking, you can make it. 5 gallons of beer for ~$20 or less." Man, not where I live. I haven't made anything but I...

In Philosophy & Technique » Why do A-holes drink light beer?
June 30, 9:08am

posers
Thanks guys, looks like the Pinnacle is back in the rotation! :)

In Philosophy & Technique » Buy the Newest, Lightest, Shiniest Gear Or You Could Die
June 25, 6:40pm

Light beer
I don't think it's a snobbery thing. I do the adopt-a-road thing and I rarely see a full strength beer can. It's easily 95%+ light beer cans. And the big leader, by a long shot, is Keys...

In Philosophy & Technique » Why do A-holes drink light beer?
June 25, 6:37pm

Poser
"Actually, Diane had it right---the word is "poseur" and not "poser." Feel free to check your Webster's. In the interest of a encouraging a more literate hiking crowd.....

In Philosophy & Technique » Buy the Newest, Lightest, Shiniest Gear Or You Could Die
June 23, 6:16pm

Gear
"I have far more respect for the grizzly guy with an old Kelty external frame with pine pitch all over it from 30+ years of doing it than someone with a shiny new Golite." I guess if I...

June 23, 4:19pm

How do you store your down air mattress?
How do you store your down air mattress? I usually need a few puffs of breath after using the pumphouse bag to get it inflated where I want it. When I get home I spread it out and pump a little air...

In GEAR » How do you store your down air mattress?
June 17, 7:24pm

Rolling Creek/CT
Christopher,I haven't been on them this year but they will be fine condition wise. Not the most spectacular part of Lost Creek but still a nice walk. Rolling Creek is a pretty steep climb. In c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Goose Creek TH Loop Map
June 17, 4:51pm

LCW
Didn't make it over to Bison this time but I did run into a couple on a 30 mile day hike loop (!!!) who said Brookside McCurdy was snow free and it appeared you could get to Bison without any i...

June 13, 10:39am

LCW
I was told last weekend that the whole loop was snow free if you avoided Lake Park. With the warm weather lately, that may even be gone or at least not an issue. I'm going to try Bison later th...

June 05, 9:52am

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.