Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 471 - 480 of 805 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...81

Forum » Thread

Refrigerator Gulch
I don't really think that Refrigerator Gulch would be a good base location for day hikes. There's nothing close by. Personally, I wouldn't want to camp there, either, although plenty of...

In Pre-Trip Planning » LCW Refridgerator Gulch Day Hikes
May 14, 11:57am

Winds
You're forgiven. This time. :) There will be time for trips to Colorado in the future. I'm heading to the Winds in September. The Nancy Pallister book mentioned above just arrived today! Lo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Recommend a good Rockies trip for a Chicagoan??
May 09, 2:10pm

Tedious
Yeah, I'm done. I won't respond to any more of his comments.

In GEAR » Tarptent Notch vs Lightheart solo vs SMD skyscape trekker
May 09, 12:01pm

TT
Randy, "Sorry but if you don't want fair and honest disclosure from commercial posters on the forum that pose deceptively to the new posters as regular campers please keep it to yoursel...

May 09, 9:05am

TT
"Randy, Just read all the negative posts they have made recently in the last few TT tent discussions and you will change your mind- guaranteed." Sorry. It didn't. I decided to g...

May 08, 11:05pm

$$
"If you look at all the posts the owner is clearly looking through $green$ glasses " Funny, my dog chewed on my Rainshadow 2 and I sent it in to TT to get fixed. I told Henry that I wa...

May 08, 7:37pm

Kindle App
I was telling my friend about this book and he told me he had a Kindle app for his PC, which I hadn't heard of. So you don't need a Kindle to read the book. You can download the app from Am...

In Gear Deals » Free Kindle "Backpack Gourmet" book
May 08, 7:12pm

Temps
A lot depends on how warm you sleep. Plan on temps going into the 20s at night. And winds are pretty common. Hopefully you can pin the Hexamid tight to reduce the exposure to wind. So if you are go...

In Gear Lists » Advice on CT Segment Hike
May 08, 12:13am

Safe?
Personally I don't put boiling water in a freezer bag, I use hot water. Since I treat my water, boiling it is a waste of fuel. I'm not worried about the safety myself but everyone should do...

In GEAR » Backpacking food
May 07, 6:35pm

Father/daughter
Fantastic. I'm going to show this to my 11 year old right now. I have not been able to talk her into backpacking yet. Kind of a coincidence but that's also how I cross bridges! :)

In Post-Trip Reports » 3 days + 45 miles + my 11 year old daughter = one nice hike
May 05, 9:23am

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.