Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 471 - 480 of 812 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...82

Forum » Thread

It's good
"Randy -- No offense meant. Trust me, I appreciate the comments." Sorry if I misunderstood Matthew. Enjoy your Tenkara setup. It should be really fun.

In GEAR » Taking the Plunge and Looking for a Single pair Trail/Camp/Water Shoes
May 18, 10:15pm

Shower
I have that shower. I've only taken it twice and don't plan on using it much. I used it once to test and once when I knew I was going to finish the day early on a really hard and hot hike o...

In GEAR » What I learned from two Heavyweights
May 18, 1:21pm

Pole extender
Terry, it was given to me by another member on here who wasn't using it. I think they used to be available for the SL3 predecessor the Hex 3. You can make your own easy enough by just cutting a...

In GEAR » Shangri-La 2 vs. Tarptent Double Rainbow Any Thoughts?
May 17, 1:40pm

wading
Sorry, just trying to help. I thought his article about studding shoes would be useful if you used trailrunners. Disregard my comments.

In GEAR » Taking the Plunge and Looking for a Single pair Trail/Camp/Water Shoes
May 16, 8:12pm

Wading
Matthew, I'm just getting in to Tenkara fishing as well (so I can't offer any real advice) and have been debating the same issue. For now, I'm just going to stick with my regular t...

May 16, 6:04pm

SL2
IF you are only going to use the fly on the SL2 and IF you use trekking poles, I'd suggest getting the SL3 instead of the SL2. The Golite website is not very informative in how they list weight...

In GEAR » Shangri-La 2 vs. Tarptent Double Rainbow Any Thoughts?
May 16, 4:11pm

Re: Rocky Mountain GGG
I'm still interested.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Rocky Mountain GGG?
May 15, 9:50am

Refrigerator Gulch
I don't really think that Refrigerator Gulch would be a good base location for day hikes. There's nothing close by. Personally, I wouldn't want to camp there, either, although plenty of...

In Pre-Trip Planning » LCW Refridgerator Gulch Day Hikes
May 14, 11:57am

Winds
You're forgiven. This time. :) There will be time for trips to Colorado in the future. I'm heading to the Winds in September. The Nancy Pallister book mentioned above just arrived today! Lo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Recommend a good Rockies trip for a Chicagoan??
May 09, 2:10pm

Tedious
Yeah, I'm done. I won't respond to any more of his comments.

In GEAR » Tarptent Notch vs Lightheart solo vs SMD skyscape trekker
May 09, 12:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.