BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 471 - 480 of 660 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...66

Forum » Thread

Aussies
Calling the Aussies didn't do much in the situation I described but I do know they are highly trainable dogs and that no individual dog is representative of a breed. As for the 100% claims,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where Should Dog Sleep?
August 31, 3:50pm

Solo
"@ Randy Nelson, (rlnunix) In a car, I wear a seat belt, and the car has air bags. I have never needed either to save my life, but I still use the seat belt. Surprisingly, I have not had...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
August 31, 3:14pm

Bears
Many years ago a buddy and I were car camping at Twin Lakes near Mammoth. There was a nice young couple camped next to us who were driving a mini pickup with a camper shell. one window in the shell...

In Chaff » warning for black bear country
August 31, 9:50am

Statistics
Since this is BPL and we try to carry only things we will use, except for a first aid kit, what is the likely hood of using the tool in question? How many backpackers have been killed by wildlife, ...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
August 30, 11:44pm

Pole pockets
Thanks Greg. The pole pockets look good. How did you make them?

In Make Your Own Gear » Grommets for ridge line tie outs on tarp?
August 30, 8:27pm

Grommets for ridge line tie outs on tarp?
I'm just about to start doing my first MYOG project. Well, I'm going to do the usual stuff sacks first. Then an 8x10 flat tarp. I've tried searching on here for this but it's hard t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Grommets for ridge line tie outs on tarp?
August 30, 6:53pm

Diesels
I'm seriously disappointed I haven't been lectured by a Prius driver for driving my diesel truck, running on biodiesel, so I can pull out the line: "I see you're still using fossil...

In Chaff » Where do you draw the line and how do you get your point across?
August 30, 6:04pm

Out of the ordinary
And to everyone else besides @footeab I apologize for my tone in the previous post. I've never posted anything like that on here where everyone is normally so civil and helpful. Sorry.

August 30, 4:09pm

Huh?
@footeab said "if you come in contact with a group of people with 2 dogs and you have a single dog, the best thing you can do is to let the dogs figure out who is boss ASAP and everything ...

August 30, 3:58pm

Dogs
I thought I'd prefer a floorless shelter because the dog that goes with me most of the time has a long, thick coat, which doesn't dry fast. I have a Rainshadow 2 and a Shangri-la 3. The pro...

August 25, 2:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.