BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 471 - 480 of 616 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...62

Forum » Thread

tarp vs tent
"With a tarp you can experience your environment better With a tent, you're inside the tent" I guess it depends on your definition of tarp. Does 5" of view at the bottom re...

In GEAR » Tarp vs. Tent weights
April 18, 10:02pm

Beanie
Uh, let's take the discussion about how much hair I have to email. :) Message sent.

In Gear Deals » Website for my hats and other gear
April 16, 6:37pm

Beer
+1 to the Modus Hoperandi And if you like MH but think Dale's is only OK, try Oscar Blues Gubna. An Imperial IPA that comes in a can. Fantastic! And 10% ABV so great bang for the weight (not...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post-hike rituals
April 16, 5:57pm

Which one?
Congratulations on the site Katharina. But I don't know which one to get. I normally only wear one from maybe 20-40 degrees when backpacking. Which type do you suggest?

In Gear Deals » Website for my hats and other gear
April 16, 5:23pm

SL3
Great. Thanks very much!

In GEAR » Anyone use trekking poles with a Golite Shangri-la 3?
April 15, 9:14pm

Anyone use trekking poles with a Golite Shangri-la 3?
Does anyone use trekking poles with a Golite Shangri-la 3? The pole that comes with it is pretty heavy so I was thinking of using trekking poles with a joiner of some kind. If you do, how has it he...

In GEAR » Anyone use trekking poles with a Golite Shangri-la 3?
April 15, 8:38pm

Denver
Hey Jeff, First of all, don't stay by the airport if you don't have to. The big conventions are downtown, or along I-25 at the Merchandise Mart or the Tech Center. Hopefully her's ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Need help, Denver area day hikes may 1st
April 03, 4:03pm

Sold
Sold! Mark, I'll defer to Joshua on the amount of fuel to boil a full pot as I haven't done that. And I mostly used wood with it anyway.

In Gear Swap » FS. Caldera Cone Ti-Tri with Inferno insert and Evernew 1.9L non-stick pot
April 02, 9:11am

Sold
SOLD! I'm selling my Caldera Cone Ti-Tri With the Inferno insert and Evernew 1.9L non-stick pot. I love it but want to save some space in my pack so I'm going to switch to a Ti-Tri Sid...

In Gear Swap » FS. Caldera Cone Ti-Tri with Inferno insert and Evernew 1.9L non-stick pot
April 01, 3:10pm

Woodys
Sounds good Peter. I had Woodys in mind as well.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Andrew Skurka speaking at the Colorado Mountain Club in Golden, CO 4/14
March 31, 12:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.