BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 471 - 480 of 640 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...64

Forum » Thread

Rolling Creek/CT
Christopher,I haven't been on them this year but they will be fine condition wise. Not the most spectacular part of Lost Creek but still a nice walk. Rolling Creek is a pretty steep climb. In c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Goose Creek TH Loop Map
June 17, 4:51pm

LCW
Didn't make it over to Bison this time but I did run into a couple on a 30 mile day hike loop (!!!) who said Brookside McCurdy was snow free and it appeared you could get to Bison without any i...

June 13, 10:39am

LCW
I was told last weekend that the whole loop was snow free if you avoided Lake Park. With the warm weather lately, that may even be gone or at least not an issue. I'm going to try Bison later th...

June 05, 9:52am

LCW trip
I'd be in for a LCW BPL trip.

June 01, 12:25pm

LCW
Thanks Chris. I'm recovering from neck surgery and haven't been carrying a pack in order to let it heal as long as possible. Probably led to my lower back issue but I'll be fine. Did...

May 31, 7:28pm

LCW
Christopher, Which route did you take? We started off clockwise from Goose Creek TH around 1 on Saturday and went over Hankins Pass . After seeing how many cars were at the TH, I thought that ...

May 31, 8:59am

LCW this weekend
Thanks for info guys. Randy/Eric. I haven't decided where I'm going yet but if you see a guy being towed by a Golden Retriever, that will be me. Hope to see you on the trail.

May 23, 9:14pm

Dead fall
Don't worry about the dead fall then. I thought that was recent info. The trail was fine in September. The snow is a lot more likely to be an issue. Hopefully we'll have some warm weather t...

May 21, 3:04pm

Re: Deadfall along Hankins Pass trail
When I did that loop last September there wasn't any dead fall to speak of. At least from the Lake Park/Hankins Pass to Goose Creek TH section. But we did have very strong winds earlier this sp...

May 21, 9:59am

LCW
I'll be interested to see what Christopher finds this weekend. We're at 8600' about 10 miles as the crow flies from LCW. We've had over a foot of snow in the last week. Including 4&...

May 21, 12:14am

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.