Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 471 - 480 of 826 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...83

Forum » Thread

Warning to CT hikers - Colorado under state wide fire ban
A statewide fire ban has been issued for Colorado. County and local fire district restrictions that are more restrictive take precedence over the state wide ban. Jefferson and Park counties, the fi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Warning to CT hikers - Colorado under state wide fire ban
June 15, 9:34am

GC loop
Great TR, as usual, Dondo. Man, the water situation sounds like August, not June. Now all of Park County is on fire ban as well. Going to be a tough year for LCW and I still had a couple trips I wa...

In Post-Trip Reports » Goose Creek Loop
June 13, 4:24pm

Here's how we do it. Golite SL3. Love going no floor with my dog who gets wet whenever possible. Plenty of room. I angle the pole and I get 2/3rds and he gets 1/3rd. Still plenty of extra space...

In GEAR » Looking for tent recommendations: 1 person plus 55 lb dog
June 08, 10:08am

Lake Park
Hey Dondo. Thanks for the info! I've never even been to Lake Park when there has been water that I saw so was planning on carrying from the last source in Hankins pass to McCurdy park. We'r...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek Wilderness (CO) Conditions Update
June 07, 8:40pm

Lake Park
Erik, please post what you find in Lake Park concerning the dead fall if you do go through there. I'm taking a friend there in 3 or 4 weeks. Thanks.

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek Wilderness (CO) Conditions Update
June 07, 9:28am

Sleep high/train low
"Edit: and training high is a mistake. Sleep high, train low. You're doing yourself no favors training high." I don't now if that applies for this kind of training, Ben. I'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Training on a treadmill
June 07, 9:06am

"Hippies like to do mellow drugs such as acid as pot in the national parks because its natural. and they get stupid ideas to mess with your stuff. if you've been a lucky guy all your li...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Theft of camping gear
June 06, 9:52am

High country
Depends on where you are, I guess. We have towns over 10K in Colorado so numbers alone don't mean anything. I never use that term myself. I don't have any particular preference for being ab...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What is High Country ?
May 24, 6:15pm

Air horn
I'm sure the air horn will work at least for the bears I'm used to. I was just thinking of picking one up but not for backcountry use. Something to quickly grab at home to scare them off. L...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bears bears bears
May 24, 4:27pm

Probably the Versalite
If you're going to really dial it in with 3 bags like that, the Versalite would seem to be the more logical choice to me. I'm comfortable in the shoulder seasons (I add down booties) with t...

In GEAR » WM Alpinlite or Megalite as 3 season bag for warm sleeper?
May 23, 8:07am

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.