BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 471 - 480 of 490 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 3- Season Wonderland and Superior Hiking trail gear list help
I want to start by echoing the comments of Douglas about the convertible pants. It takes just a few seconds to take them off when it gets wet. You are often adding a rain layer on your upper body a...

In Gear Lists » 3- Season Wonderland and Superior Hiking trail gear list help
February 23, 2:26pm

Re: Hammock warmth 2
Douglas, Thanks for the great information! I have a Hennessy Hammock as well, but have not used it in cold weather yet, though I plan to. I have 2 Jacks R Better No Snivler quilts and a Western M...

In GEAR » UL hommock camping
February 22, 11:53am

Re: Speer Top Blanket or JRB No Sniveller?
I really like my No Sniveller long (NSL) quilts. The hammock you have may be the deciding factor. I assume you know that the NSL was designed for the Hennessy hammock but will also work with others...

In GEAR » Speer Top Blanket or JRB No Sniveller?
February 20, 3:49pm

Re: Hammock warmth 2
Douglas, Thanks for the great information! I have a Hennessy Hammock as well, but have not used it in cold weather yet, though I plan to. I have 2 Jacks R Better No Snivler quilts and a Western...

In GEAR » UL hommock camping
February 18, 9:11am

Re: Diet for High Mileage Long Hikes
Thanks Bill, for all the great information you provided in response to my questions! I went to the Ensure web site looking for the dry version of Ensure but did not see it. Is it something that i...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Diet for High Mileage Long Hikes
February 17, 2:39pm

Re: Diet for High Mileage Long Hikes
Bill, I recall a post of yours where you mention being on a liquid diet for medical reasons. There is obviously no need to go into the medical issues, but I am curious about the similarity, or la...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Diet for High Mileage Long Hikes
February 16, 3:31pm

Re: Re: Bivy issues
Wade, I have an Equinox bivy and experienced the same issue you had. I spent a week in the Indian Peaks of Colorado. We had an unusual amount of rain that week with night time temperatures in the ...

In GEAR » Bivy Question
February 13, 1:05pm

Re: re: non-cook hiking
Understood. You've given me something to experiment with. Thanks.

In Philosophy & Technique » Hiking without kitchen
February 02, 5:42pm

Re: non-cook hiking
Frank, I am not sure if I understand how you are preparing the oats. Are you soaking them in water like the other grains you mentioned? Do you add powdered milk, sugar, or anything else?

February 02, 5:04pm

Re: Hiking without kitchen
I haven't done this on a trip of any consequential length but the discussion here and the trip reports of Coup from Golite found here make me want to try it. He went for weeks without resupply on n...

February 02, 1:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm