Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris S (csteutterman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Chris S has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListUltimate JMT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris S

Showing 471 - 480 of 599 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: yup
"Also what do you think of a small neoair + a cut z-lite?" I cut 6 panels off my z-lite to use under my feet while sleeping and to put in the Swifts's pad slot. It fit nicely in t...

In Gear Lists » JMT July-August Gear List
May 24, 12:24pm

Re: review #1
I think the Swift will ended up lighter than what you listed. I forget exactly what mine weighs, but definitely a few ounces lighter and includes the stays and hip belt with pockets. Seems like a...

In Gear Lists » JMT July-August Gear List
May 23, 11:20am

Re: REI Anniversary Sale
Looks like a bunch of items are also on sale for greater than 20% off. At first glance I noticed a steripen, neoair and some bear canisters.

In Gear Deals » REI Anniversary Sale
May 20, 11:36am

Re: My Point
I prefer Steve's method on this one. If there's only a 4oz weight penalty for carrying a Steripen, then that's only about 1/8th of a liter less you have to carry to offset the differen...

In GEAR » Light water filtration/treatment options ?
May 20, 11:32am

Re: Re: Rain jackets less than 8 oz -- Essence Experience?
Tim, is the Essence on sale online somewhere?

In GEAR » Rain jackets less than 8 oz
May 18, 4:06pm

Re: Wanted to buy and get opinions of-six moons serenity net tent
They are on sale ($30 off) in the bargain bin on their website: http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/bargin-bin.html

In Gear Swap » WANTED to BUY and get oppinions of-six moons serenity net tent
May 16, 11:21am

Re: Re: Re: Learning how to use an ice axe
Thanks for the recommendation on Ned's course. I wasn't aware of that one and it looks pretty decent.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Learning how to use an ice axe
May 13, 1:05pm

Re: Learning how to use an ice axe
Thanks. Could anyone recommend a suitable place to practice near the bay area?

May 13, 12:20pm

Learning how to use an ice axe
I have very little experience using an ice axe and crampons and was considering taking this class. http://www.mtadventure.com/pages/mountaineering.html#crampon Does anyone have any feedback o...

May 12, 4:02pm

Re: How well does the GG Gorilla internally carry a BV solo or Bear vault weekender?
My BV500 fits vertically in a Gorilla, so the solo would fit as well. I personally didn't find it uncomfortable, but I could feel the bulge a little bit. Might not be an issue at all with the...

In GEAR » How well does the GG Gorilla internally carry a BV solo or Bear vault weekender?
May 06, 11:08am

All Reader Reviews by Chris S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I bought this pack (along with the optional Hoop Stay and Wing Belt) intending to use it for trips that required a bear canister. The light weight, capacity to fit a bear canister and option to add t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 27, 12:46pm