Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Casey Bowden (clbowden) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Berkeley Hills
About Me In 1999 I rode a bike from Oregon to Virgina using lightweight backpacking methods from Ray Jardine's book, Hiking the PCT. My first backpacking experience came 1 year later and I have been hooked ever since.
CityKensington
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://CaseyAndEmily.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Casey Bowden

Showing 471 - 480 of 523 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Forum » Thread

FS: Marmot Kompressor
Aaron, I like your post so much that I'll offer you $25 even though I don't need the bag. I'll send you a PM. Casey

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Kompressor
September 07, 1:31pm

Wind Shield for Alcohol Stove
Ian, Instead of storing your windscreen in your pot have you considered wrapping it around a water bottle? To support your pot add two stainless steel bicycle spokes and you have a durabl...

In Make Your Own Gear » wind shield for alcohol stove
August 03, 10:15am

Kitchen for Two
Douglas, I use the same setup whether I'm going solo or with my wife. For 9.4 ounces you get the following: > Evernew 0.9 L Titanium pot (with standard heavy lid) > Pot cozy >...

In GEAR » So what's your current kitchen setup?
August 02, 3:46pm

Loft vs. Temperature Rating
Ben and Tom, Ray Jardine uses the following formula: ETR = 100 - (40 x T) where ETR is the estimate temperature rating in Fahrenheit and T is the loft in inches.

In GEAR » Speaking of Loft (Sleeping Bags)
January 09, 1:00pm

Bungee Cord Backpack
Fresh from Yahoo news... LONDON (Reuters) - Carrying heavy loads could become easier thanks to a new ergonomic backpack that uses bungee cords to take the strain off the shoulders and joints, sc...

In GEAR » Bungee Cord Backpack
December 20, 4:21pm

Re: What do you sleep in?
Last summer I hiked from Sonora Pass to Tuolumne Meadows and went to sleep in wet/clean clothes each night. Specifically, I put on my damp/clean underwear and shirt before bed, plus dry sleep sock...

In Philosophy & Technique » What do you sleep in?
December 14, 11:38am

Epic Jacket at Steep and Cheap
Steep and Cheap has a Mountain Hardware Cohesion jacket for sale for $64. The stated jacket material is Epic! Anyone have experience with this jacket. I assume it will not be fully waterproof as...

In Gear Deals » Epic Jacket at Steep and Cheap
November 14, 12:58pm

Re: No Stretch in Rain?
Michael, The folks a GG are not prone to hyperbole. If they say Spinnaker fabric doesn't stretch when wet I believe them.

In Editor's Roundtable » Gossamer Gear / Tarptent Squall Classic Tent REVIEW
November 08, 6:44pm

Re: BICYCLE TOURING
Kevin, In 1999 I rode from Oregon to Virginia using many lightweight techniques from Ray Jardines PCT Handbook. My gear was so spartan that I could lift my bike/gear over my head. Several year...

In Other Activities » BICYCLE TOURING
October 26, 3:06pm

Re: 1 oz. grill
Brilliant, A much cheaper option, although heavier, is to replace the titanium rods with stainless steel bicycle spokes. I have used spokes for some time to support my pot with an alcohol stove...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1 oz. grill
October 19, 4:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Casey Bowden

Casey Bowden has posted no reviews.