BPL Community Profile

Kevin Burton (burtonator) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale norcal
About Me 35, male. Software Engineer living in downtown San Francisco.

I'm an intermediate/advanced backpacker. In excellent shape. Love the outdoors.

Avid fisherman. I always carry my rod with me when I am backpacking.

I've climbed Mount Shasta, hiked most of Yosemite, visited Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.

I'm going to do a 4 week section hike of the PCT in 2013.

You could say I'm addicted.

I have a bunch of backpacking videos over at

http://youtube.com/user/burtonator
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://burtonator.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Burton

Showing 471 - 480 of 550 | Page: 1 ...36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cuben fiber failure? Any updates since 2008?
> I would like some back up on the statements. As would David O. > Otherwise, it is hard for me to accept your statements unless they are provided in context. I think there's a big ...

In GEAR » Cuben fiber failure? Any updates since 2008?
August 27, 5:04pm

ultralight and adjustable wire cloth wood stove?
I have the Emberlit UL mini wood stove that I really like. It does have some drawbacks. Mostly that the height and size of the unit isn't adjustable. I was thinking that a wire cloth woo...

In Make Your Own Gear » ultralight and adjustable wire cloth wood stove?
August 27, 3:51pm

Re: Re: Have any of you ditched trekking poles as you've lightened your weight?
Honestly, I can't physically handle 60 lbs. After 40 or so my hips literally break down and my sides bruise and eventually I can't carry the pack any longer. I'm not sure if this is...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Have any of you ditched trekking poles as you've lightened your weight?
August 27, 3:33pm

What knot iphone app.
This is a SWEET app. Especially if you ring your phone outdoors. It has tons of knots in it and background and step by step directions. Anyway. It's the Columbia 'what knot' app...

In GEAR » What knot iphone app.
August 27, 3:31pm

logical fallacy...
Not trying to be rude at all but this is not very helpful. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Better data would be: - stats from vendors in total number of reported fabric fai...

August 27, 12:26pm

Kuma.
I have a Kuma and I have to admit that I do remember some slippage. It seemed to be every 2 hours or so. I wasn't sure if it was me at first not tightening enough or it the pack was just slip...

In GEAR » Question for Gossamer Gear 2012 Pack Owners
August 27, 12:12pm

fed bear
It MAY work but remember a bear can get through an opsack. Bears have super hero sense of smell. They can find a carcass from MILES away. Your opsack probably won't prevent them from fin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Opsack instead of hanging food
August 27, 11:55am

Re: Depends
Do you feel comfortable doing that even with the potential of freak rain? It could save your life... (hypothermia). For 200g or so is it really worth the weight savings? What do you do if it...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Have any of you ditched trekking poles as you've lightened your weight?
August 27, 11:00am

Near death experiences (or close calls) on the trail?
Have any of you had any near death experiences or close calls while on the trail? Hypothermia? Broken legs? etc. Would be nice to hear from real world experiences so we can all be a bit more ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Near death experiences (or close calls) on the trail?
August 27, 10:59am

Cuben fiber failure? Any updates since 2008?
There was a large thread about cuben fiber from 2008 and one of the main points is that none of the manufacturers would provide a warranty regarding fabric failure. I think I'm ok adding cub...

August 27, 10:57am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Burton

Kevin Burton has posted no reviews.