BPL Community Profile

Scott Ireland (WinterWarlock) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western NY
About Me Grew up in South Jersey, and hiked and backpacked in the Pine Barrens, and in the Pennsylvania stretches of the AT. Went away to college, got married, and stopped all outdoor activity for many years. Six years ago I was 'reborn' (aka divorced), and ended up marrying a woman from the Adirondacks, who introduced me to my new home away from home, and got me back into serious hiking. Am now working on my ADK 46 and Cat3500...
CityRochester
StateNY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott Ireland

Showing 471 - 480 of 489 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Forum » Thread

Big reponse
The response to the promo was so big it took the site down - here's a note they emailed out tonite "At Moosejaw, we're committed to making shopping as much fun as backpacking the Ch...

In Gear Deals » 5XRewards at MooseJaw
November 30, 8:13pm

Merino Shirts
I was at our local Marshall's this weekend - they have merino wool half-zip tops and long bottoms for only $19.99 - bought a couple for myself. The brand is Kombi...seems really nice for a lot ...

In Gear Deals » Merino Shirts
November 30, 6:25pm

Are quilt or Jetboil sold?
Looked like you had offers - did they go thru?

In Gear Swap » Patagonia Fleece, Jet Boil, Golite Parka, Ray Way Quilt kit
November 28, 9:50pm

Interesting
Given that my son is at an age where he outgrows boots faster than he wears them out, these are perfect! Thanks.

In Gear Deals » cheap "hiking" shoes
November 28, 6:57am

Quilt
Second if Karl changes his mind...

In Gear Swap » Patagonia Fleece, Jet Boil, Golite Parka, Ray Way Quilt kit
November 26, 12:49pm

Poncho
PM Sent

In Gear Swap » FS bags & tops
November 26, 11:38am

Noah's Tarp
PM Sent

In Gear Swap » Shelters/packs for sale
November 23, 4:59am

Asst Scoutmaster views...
I have to say that I too was underwhelmed by Cub Scouts, but understand that today's Cub Scout programs are very very basic, and have different goals than when I was young. Even our Boy Scout t...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » New to cub scouting- Feeling a bit underwhelmed.
November 17, 9:17pm

ADK's
Hi Pete - Your setup sounds pretty much OK...I spend most of my winter hikes in the ADK's myself. Depending on your size, you may find the 30" snowshoes a bit long for some of the trai...

In Gear Lists » Getting ready to snowshoe in the ADK
November 17, 8:59pm

Re: bait n switch
I checked it out yesterday, and it was $50, but as of this morning it's back up to $125. Maybe it was a short term sale?

In Gear Deals » Women's GoLite Jam - $50, free shipping
November 17, 4:15am

All Reader Reviews by Scott Ireland

Scott Ireland has posted no reviews.