BPL Community Profile

Warren Greer (WarrenGreer) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Warren Greer has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Warren Greer

Showing 471 - 480 of 656 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...66

Forum » Thread

Give it a try
I started a similar thread a few weeks ago. And decided to go with Salomon XA Comp 5s. I've worn them a few times but not on a trail yet. Will hike with them this week. They seem quite supporti...

In GEAR » Help! Afraid of non-traditional hiking boots!
April 17, 7:53pm

Thanks
Eric, thanks for sharing. I thought about the trekking pole being positioned to one side like mentioned above. Good idea. Enjoy your new shelter.

In GEAR » Contrail First Pitch Feedback - Franco?
April 17, 7:28pm

Exchange at minimum
Or, take it back and get a better option. Montbell has some nice options that weight less and are probably warmer. On the lighter end of the scale, there's the Montbell EXL (zipper but no pocke...

In GEAR » lightweight jackets
April 17, 7:17pm

Cool!
Did you weigh it and measure the opening, height, etc? Do share.

In GEAR » Contrail First Pitch Feedback - Franco?
April 16, 8:49pm

Re: Re: Cuben: folding vs stuffing; a volume issue
That Doug, he's always on the cutting edge. Now he's got SUL/comfy undies for the bathroom challenged! When's that gonna be in the BPL store?

In GEAR » Cuben: folding vs stuffing; a volume issue
April 16, 12:00am

So, you gonna detail that TP-less technique?!
I could ligthen my pack by about an ounce if you'd share your technique with us. It's introspective and mindfreeing. I think I'd have to free my mind to try it though!

In Editor's Roundtable » Interview with Mike Clelland!
April 15, 11:56pm

Nice job
I'm built like you. That pack looks like it'd fit me great. Nice details. I hope that the comfort factor is off the charts now! Now, bring on the Ion.

In Make Your Own Gear » S-straps on a Mariposa Plus: Adding Curves to your Shoulder Harness
April 15, 8:37pm

Stimulating Conversation
Nick, you have a point that I think about, at least subliminally, allot. As a gear lover, I want to get to those lower base weights. But like you, I live in SoCal and many of the trails I hike requ...

In GEAR » Re-thinking the Big 3....
April 14, 9:05pm

Like the smaller lites
I've gone from options in the 3 oz. size range to the little sub one-ounce lites. I find that I rarely use a light anyway. Just let your eyes adjust and you won't need one that much. I don&...

In GEAR » Button cell vs headlamp
April 13, 8:57pm

x2
For the FC UL3. I spent a considerable amount of time doing research to find something like you are looking for. There were a couple of other tent options that I found, but they had really sloping ...

In GEAR » Please help recommend a double-wall, 2-3 person, freestanding tent.
April 13, 8:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Warren Greer

Warren Greer has posted no reviews.