BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 471 - 480 of 1088 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...109

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: I carry a rain jacket in the mountains, even in summer
I will often leave my rain gear at home if its a summer hike and the chances of rain are low(30% or less). Summer in the southern Appalachians is typically low 80s during the day and low 60s at nig...

In GEAR » Leaving the rain jacket at home... thoughts
July 24, 10:50am

Re: Re: Burning Esbit on the ground
What are the negatives of burning esbit on the ground? Possibly starting a forest fire? Ryan

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » 22 Gram Esbit Kit
July 22, 5:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Impetus - maybe this Q is more simple
I recently used Argon on a quilt for someone at Hammockforums. My thoughts thus far - very breathable, DWR isn't great(doesnt really need to be in a hammock I suppose) and downproofness is sti...

In GEAR » Comparing m90 to Pertex
July 22, 5:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: enLIGHTened equipment product changes in Sept.
Agree with Stephen. Do what you think is best, you know the business better than we do. Sounds like you know your role/fit in the market place. Ryan

In GEAR » enLIGHTened equipment product changes in Sept.
July 22, 5:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Creepy
Does Zimmerman being alive make him less credible or more credible? Neither of course. But what is the alternative? An investigation found no holes in his story, and from a legal stand point you mu...

In Chaff » Zimmerman?
July 21, 1:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Creepy
In order to stay alive, Trayvon Martin should not have attacked Zimmerman without provocation. We have to assume he did so since the only witness still living is Zimmerman. Ryan

In Chaff » Zimmerman?
July 21, 12:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Creepy
Those are good questions Jennifer. Ones I don't have great answers to. Just to play devil's advocate though - Does Zimmerman following him justify Martin assaulting Zimmerman? This is assum...

In Chaff » Zimmerman?
July 21, 12:18pm

Re: Fabric
Colin, Assuming you don't cast your own valve, what kind of TPU valve will you use? Pic? I have been contemplating a gravity bag lately. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » Light (<2oz) urethane coated nylon
July 20, 4:29pm

Re: Adding Length to Your Pole
They also make shaft extensions that you can epoxy into the large end. I had to do that in order to get the right length for me. They are cheap and also lightweight. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » Easy 3.2oz (x2) Trekking Poles
July 17, 4:38pm

Re: Hammock Forums
I will also chime in & agree that hammocks are a great alternative. The only real negative(if u have trees) is that you will give some of the weight savings back. On average they are a bit hea...

In GEAR » Trying to push myself to make the tarp plunge
July 16, 5:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm