BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 471 - 480 of 1057 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...106

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: serial
Yep, Doug has it. Not to derail the thread any further, but you guys should Google that song title and read the story behind it. Turns out Dan Rather is an evil man. P.S.- I apologize Tom. My p...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Politics of Cottage Consumption
July 06, 5:34pm

Montgomery,AL?
McDowell, We have a couple UL'ers doing an overnight trip the weekend of July 20. Probably fall off Clingmans Dome on the NC side and loop back up. Should be in the 25-30 mile range. I will...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Smokies hikers
July 06, 4:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: serial
Tanner, Violent green is part of a lyric of an REM song from back in the early 90's. It used to get stuck in my head all the time. Jim SubZero was asking me this the other day, maybe he wil...

July 06, 4:03pm

Shelters
You will get a lot of mixed opinions on the shelters. I can tell you that: There will be mice. Guaranteed. They are fast and need about 10 seconds to chew through your pack and into your food. Som...

In Pre-Trip Planning » What to expect in 100 mile wilderness in August?
July 06, 3:40pm

Re: Re: serial
Dan and David, This thread had only cemented my prior thoughts - hiking with both of you would be a hoot. Seriously, no sarcasm intended. Let's set it up.

July 06, 3:30pm

Poly
Some folks have had good luck with polyester, although it's tough to find in that low weight. Ryan

In Hammocks » lightest weight, lowest stretch
July 06, 3:05pm

Hammock
Kat P. is spot on. Hammocks solve the pressure point issues but do typically come at a weight penalty compared to ground setups. The more I hike, the more I think it's worth it. Ryan

In GEAR » mattress strategies: back soreness on the road to a good night's sleep
July 06, 11:32am

PVC vs PU coated for sleeping pad?
Anyone have much experience with PVC coated nylon with regards to heat sealing? I have the opportunity to buy some 20d PVC coated nylon but I know little about it compared with PU. Strong bond? Air...

In Make Your Own Gear » PVC vs PU coated for sleeping pad?
July 05, 9:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Spinnaker availability?
Richard, Every time you test some random fabric it always makes think of Jack Nicholson in Batman. "Where does he get all those wonderful toys?!?!" If you have never seen that movie, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Substitute fabric for Spinnaker (5 Yards to SUL Article Pack)
July 05, 7:21pm

Nice
Looks good Lawson. You don't need to reinvent the wheel in order to sell a few packs. Most people buy several in search of the perfect one anyway. Do some research on pricing. I doubt you find...

In Gear Deals » Semi-Custom Backpacks
July 05, 3:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm