BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 471 - 480 of 880 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...88

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Rice
"- Fanny and Freddy should be shut down. The government or taxpayers have no business being in the mortgage market. If these groups wouldn't have been in place to buy the mortgages, then i...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
November 20, 4:44pm

Re: Down shifting in Enlightened Equip quilts?"
"Well at least one guy had mentioned that he shouldn't have to pay for overfill just to stop the migration" Well, that is a valid point. Ryan

In GEAR » Down shifting in Enlightened Equip quilts?
November 19, 7:36pm

Re: Gotta shake it
Yep, I found the same with my MYOG Karo quilt. Every couple nights just pat the down back to center. An overfill or smaller boxes would solve this, but it's not a big nuisance for me. Ryan

In GEAR » Down shifting in Enlightened Equip quilts?
November 19, 5:13pm

Re: Re: Plastic inflatable air valve
Jack, Good question, never tried. I always used them for MYOG sleeping pads. My guess is yes, but not sure how well. Seamgrip does adhere to both cuben and this valve so you could use that if th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Plastic inflatable air valve
November 18, 4:31pm

Re: Plastic inflatable air valve
I use these all the time: http://www.airtimekite.com/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=inflation+valve&x=0&y=0 The adhesive sticks to nylon very well. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » Plastic inflatable air valve
November 18, 9:46am

Re: Removing Wrist Straps From Poles
I removed my wrist straps a few months ago. There were far more times where having the pole "attached" to my arm was a nuisance . Also, never had an occasion where my forearm was tired fr...

In GEAR » Removing Wrist Straps From Poles
November 18, 9:39am

Re: Re: Valid combatant targets @ Dean
Miguel, All part of that American Exceptionalism that our politicians love to yell from the rooftops. Ryan

November 15, 6:48pm

Re: Re: Valid combatant targets @ Dean
"Even today, all of our oil imports are from Mexico and Canada. China and Japan are the consumers of middle east oil." We're getting there. 13% of our oil is from the Persian Gulf,...

November 15, 5:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Valid combatant targets @ Dean
Tom- I think the US initially began supporting Israel years ago for two reasons 1) the Jewish influence is strong in this country & has been for a long time, and 2) the Christian segment of ...

November 15, 5:51pm

Re: Any Other Feedback?
Used mine for two nights on the AT this past weekend. Worked well. Forgot to crinkle mine until night #2 - that was a mistake. Ryan

In Gear Deals » Tyvek Ground Sheets
November 12, 7:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm