BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 471 - 480 of 1101 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...111

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: New Pacific Crest Trail Record
No negativity here. What Anish and JPD did is truly amazing. I think it only helps prove that on average women are tougher than men, at the very least mentally. Matt Kirk is breaking the AT suppo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Pacific Coast Trail Record
August 07, 3:11pm

BA CS UL 1
Megan, Sending you a PM. Ryan

In Gear Swap » WTB: LightHeart Solo or BA Copper Spur UL1
August 05, 4:05pm

Re: Need opinions on MYOG jacket vs ??
Troy, That Montbell UL may surprise you. As long as I have sufficient insulation on the rest of my body mine keeps me warm to about 35deg with only a wool tee underneath. As always, YMMV. May...

In Make Your Own Gear » Need opinions on MYOG jacket vs ??
August 05, 10:40am

Re: Re: Re: NH 4000 footer #48, white mtns
I've heard that too. I will keep my switchbacks. :) Ryan

In Post-Trip Reports » NH 4000 footer #48, white mtns
August 02, 11:09am

Re: Re: Pink 7d women's quilt
Hi Tanner, I was speaking of Nobull 1. I have read several reports saying that Nobull 2 is more downproof also, but I haven't compared. Typically that would make Nobull 2 a little less bre...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pink 7d women's quilt
August 02, 11:01am

Re: Hammock as backpack
I can see how a bridge hammock could fairly easily be turned into a backpack. That's much closer to the innovation that impresses. Ryan

In GEAR » The Hammock Backpack
August 02, 10:55am

Re: NH 4000 footer #48, white mtns
Way to go Jake! Looking at those pics I can see why the Whites section of the AT has the reputation for being so difficult. Those mountains aren't as tall as my Southern Appalachians, but man t...

In Post-Trip Reports » NH 4000 footer #48, white mtns
August 01, 5:04pm

Re: The Hammock Backpack
Holy cow. Folks have already given nearly $9,000 for this with 15 days to go. edit: Greg posted a similar thought 2 mins prior Ryan

In GEAR » The Hammock Backpack
August 01, 4:56pm

Stinks
Hate to see this. Mike always came off as a real good guy. I hope everyone gets their quilts soon. With that said, if you have any recourse with Paypal or your credit card company - dont wait. Fil...

In GEAR » Te-Wa Underquilts still in business?
July 31, 10:39am

Re: Pink 7D
Hi guys, I do a little work in the textile industry and will occasionally have access to over runs, etc. So this was kind of a one time deal unless I ordered 1,000m of it. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » Pink 7d women's quilt
July 29, 5:26am

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm