BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 471 - 480 of 995 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ...100

Forum » Thread

Houdini
PM sent on the Houdini for my wife. Ryan

In Gear Swap » Brand new Houdini, Sierra designs vest
April 15, 5:00pm

Re: Recommendations for groundcloths
If Tyvek and polycro are out of the question, that leaves cuben or one of the various Sil/Pu nylons. Cuben probably fails the reasonable price test. What about 70d silnylon or PU coated nylon? It&#...

In Make Your Own Gear » Recommendations for groundcloths
April 14, 5:54pm

Re: Fabric recommendations for a down quilt
If you are expecting them to take a little abuse, go with 1.1oz nylon. The Momentum/Nobul fabrics will last fine with care, but the word abuse does not belong in the same sentence with those fabric...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fabric recommendations for a down quilt
April 02, 7:43pm

Re: Source of info for sewing a cuben tarp?
Amy, Sorry for being thick-headed, are you using any adhesive or sewing everything? Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » Source of info for sewing a cuben tarp?
March 29, 11:52am

Re: Small, very gram geek updates
Good job Cesar! Seems that most gear (and gear lists) are getting heavier as people decide they want more durability or comfort. Mine included to a certain extent. I've enjoyed watching you re...

In Gear Lists » My 1+ Season dream list is almost complete!
March 29, 11:45am

Re: Re: How do you seal the cut xtherm?
"It's not just different weight nylons, it's that the mftr describes them as different TYPES of nylon. I assume it wouldn't matter, but my Dad taught me early on what assuming can ...

In GEAR » NeoAir XTherm Shortened?
March 28, 11:10am

Re: Re: NeoAir XTherm Shortened?
Complete guess on my part - Even if they have different weight nylons on top/bottom, I doubt they would change the method of sealing the two fabrics. Seems like this would require more tooling at t...

In GEAR » NeoAir XTherm Shortened?
March 27, 6:01pm

Re: Anyone ever regret a thru hike??
"Like some of the other post-ers, I haven't done a thru-hike. I'm now in my early 40s, with 2 kids. I'm struggling with this issue. Only when you have kids do you realize how comma...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone ever regret a thru hike??
March 26, 4:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Confessions of a new Esbit fanboy
"I've never considered it an issue. I just put the leftover chunk back in the plastic tub it came out of and use it next time I heat water." Me either really. I always just let the...

In GEAR » Confessions of a new Esbit fanboy
March 26, 4:32pm

Re
Seth, I have a million plastic snaps, but only in red, green, gold, and blue(I think). I will mail you some if you need any of those colors. I'm assuming you have the snap tool also. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » WTB: Looking for 3 yds Momentum 90 T or similar
March 26, 10:53am

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm