BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4691 - 4700 of 5388 | Page: 1 ...461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ...539

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: So Cal WIldflowers!!
Eugene, You're excused, since you have a "little" trip planned starting in April. Good luck and I hope it goes well and safe.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » So Cal WIldflowers!!
March 18, 10:30pm

So Cal WIldflowers!!
Okay, we had a wet winter. Everyone needs to get out during the next two weeks. This weekend should be great in Anza Borrego. I was in the foothills around Irvine today. Probably next week fo...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » So Cal WIldflowers!!
March 18, 10:19pm

Re: 24: Santa Barbara Front/Back Country Loop
Nice trip!!

In Post-Trip Reports » 24: Santa Barbara Front/Back Country Loop
March 18, 10:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Caravans/Rv's as a Basecamp
Mark, Try this. http://community.webshots.com/user/ngatel Kimberly, it that a Casistas trailer?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Caravans/Rv's as a Basecamp
March 17, 10:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Caravans/Rv's as a Basecamp
Yes, very similar to Jayco, which is a popular brand in the U.S. too. If you are interested, I have a ton of pictures posted of our old Starcraft (which we gutted and rebuilt) and our present mo...

March 17, 12:09am

Re: Waterproofing trailrunners
Most trail runners are made of mesh upper bodies, so it is impossible to water proof them. And water proofing will (in most cases) make your feet a sweating mess, as they cannot breath. In most con...

In GEAR » Waterproofing trailrunners
March 17, 12:02am

Re: Caravans/Rv's as a Basecamp
We have been doing it for years. We go almost every weekend. My wife is not going to sleep outside on the ground, so usually we do an all day hike on Saturdays, usually 10 - 18 miles. Then a half d...

March 16, 11:49pm

Re: Making the right decisions
Joseph, You hit it on the nail. I love my job. I usually work in an office in my home. Often I can work 18 hours a day and forget to eat. I hike and backpack, not to get away from anything. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Having the time to backpack
March 16, 10:55pm

Re: Great!
It is a running store. But running a marathon is tougher than most trail running. They will fit you with about 3 pairs of shoes of different brands. Then they will have you run and make a recomm...

In GEAR » Getting fitted for trail runners
March 16, 10:49pm

Snails Pace in Fountain Valley
This is the place to get fitted and buy.

In GEAR » Getting fitted for trail runners
March 16, 10:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am