BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4691 - 4700 of 5379 | Page: 1 ...461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ...538

Forum » Thread

Snails Pace in Fountain Valley
This is the place to get fitted and buy.

In GEAR » Getting fitted for trail runners
March 16, 10:32pm

Re: Trail Building
That looks like a road to me, not a trail.

In Photo Gallery » Trail Building
March 15, 11:46pm

LAST CALL
I am going to mail permit requests this coming weekend (State & Federal required). Dates are Sat - Mon (May 29-31). 3 people are in. Craig W, myself and a local here in Palm Springs. Let ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » So Cal BPLers - Skyline-PCT-Jo Pond Trip in May
March 15, 8:58pm

I'll give you some
Evan, PM me. I'll give you 6. I can't mail them till Friday as I am traveling.

In Gear Swap » WTB
March 15, 7:52pm

Re: Sierra cups
Dale, I have a collection of theses, old and new. And carry one every once in a while for nostagia's sake. But I do find the tapered design of a wider top somewhat inefficient.

In GEAR » Sierra cups
March 14, 6:57pm

Re: Re: Wolves
Since no one brought it up... The article said the victim had gone out for a run. Running by, near, or from a wild animal can trigger the instinct to attack. I have read many accounts of mountai...

In Chaff » Wolves kill teacher in Alaska
March 11, 11:16pm

Re: Shirt Color and Hot Weather
Look into the Rail Riders Eco T. T shirts with mesh sides. Lighter colors available too. I think Ben has already provided a lot of good information. In humid climates I like to bring a synthetic Ha...

In GEAR » Shirt Color and Hot Weather
March 10, 1:46am

Re: REI and Ultralight
To answer the OP, I think it is because most of the UL stuff sits on the shelf. To few inventory turns. Sometimes they have Snow Peak Gigastoves, but most of their customers are buying Jet Boils an...

In Chaff » REI and Ultralight
March 09, 11:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Can't make this up:
Roger, It isn't free. Someone is paying the people in the ER, the utilities, buying the equipment, etc. :)

In GEAR » Emergency book
March 09, 11:50pm

Re: Ventilated Back Backpacks
Ray, I meant that I only use these packs when carrying large amounts of water. Otherwise it is something much lighter, and with a much lighter load. My venttilated packs are used for specific...

In GEAR » Ventilated Back Backpacks
March 09, 11:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am