Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4681 - 4690 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: Hot weather(70-100F) shirt
Depends on whether you need protection from UL (sun burns), or just keep cool. I usually wear a Rail Riders Eco-Speed-T shirt. I have a dark complexion and rarely need to worry about sun burns, but...

In GEAR » Hot weather(70-100F) shirt
April 29, 1:01am

Re: Hot Weather Socks
I wouldn't have gotten the GTX Boots, unless there is a reason besides hiking. I live in the desert where temps often go above 120F. When I used to wear leather boots, a silk liner sock unde...

In GEAR » Hot Weather Socks
April 27, 12:04am

Re: GG Thinlight pads
I cut down a 3/8" GG pad to torso size and it weighs 2.6 oz. My GG NightLight torso pad weighs 3.5 oz and is much more comfortable. Biggest trick is not to sleep in "well worn" c...

In GEAR » GG Thinlight pads
April 26, 11:54pm

Re: Squeeze Tubes
The Coghlans Plastic Squeeze Food Tubes weight 2 oz. They are convenient and I often bring two. One for peanut butter and one for honey. Easy to pack. Some of the peanut butter brands are now packa...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Carrying Peanut Butter
April 26, 11:37pm

Re: Salomon shoes
Salomon trail runners fit me absolutely perfect......... But they don't fit everyone perfect. Only buy them if you have a thorough fitting session first. This is true for any make of sh...

In GEAR » trailrunners, boots
April 22, 10:39pm

Re: Gortex gloves suggestions
How about glove liners, and MLD eVent mittens? Provides versatility in your gear closet.

In GEAR » Gortex gloves suggestions
April 21, 6:05pm

Re: New Company Manufacturing Down Quilts, Down Balaclavas and Ultralight Bivys
Aaron, Very professional from the website design, content and products. Please post when your quilts are available. Any other gear you are considering?

In Gear Deals » New Company Manufacturing Down Quilts, Down Balaclavas and Ultralight Biyvs
April 21, 5:56pm

Re: Silverwood Lake ca
Patrick, It is a State Recreation Area, so you can probably find information on the Calif State Park Website. Most of the PCT in this area is along dirt roads. Also there was a big fire there ar...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Silverwood Lake ca
April 21, 4:08pm

Re: glow in the dark zipper pulls anyone know where to get them??
Just cut a piece of glow in the dark tent guyline material and make your own.

In GEAR » glow in the dark zipper pulls anyone know where to get them??
April 21, 9:39am

Re: Help Me Shop for a GPS
Ben, Look at the Garmin Nuvi series, lots of models updated over the years. I bought the latest and greatest for my son, and even has bluetooth for his phone. After you do your research on model...

In GEAR » Help Me Shop for a GPS
April 21, 2:39am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am