BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4641 - 4650 of 5366 | Page: 1 ...456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 ...537

Forum » Thread

Re: Marmot Mica - How Breathable Is It?
Ben, I have two Marmot jackets; an Oracle and an Essence. They both have under arm vents, the Oracle has huge zip pits, and the the Essence vents with a flap. The Oracle is hotter than the Essen...

In GEAR » Marmot Mica - How Breathable Is It?
March 24, 4:57pm

Re: Re: Bodie
And don't hike up the road during tourist season, the dust is unbelievable!!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bodie 800+ft sierra ghost town
March 24, 1:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: : Re: Intensity vs duration
Most elite distance runners spend months working on their base or low intensity workouts. Once the base goals are acheived, then they gradually move to high intensity, interval type of training, in...

In Philosophy & Technique » High Speed Backpacking - why
March 24, 1:53am

Re: Re: Re: Pack cover
"Check Nick and Benjamin's locale ;)" Excellent point. Obviously I normally do not encounter the rain as folks to in other places like the PNW. But over the decades have been in my...

In GEAR » Do I really need a pack cover?
March 24, 1:34am

Re: Thanks Chris
For reference, I live in a desert and it is not unusual for us to see temperatures over 120F in the summer (although we are not backpacking when it is that hot). The suspended mesh panel packs a...

In Gear Lists » Updated Gear List
March 24, 1:25am

Re: photos of your packed tent / tarp ?
Okay, Omar, you asked and included tarps in your query. I just got this yesterday, a BPL Nano tarp. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet. But it was on the desk, so I moved some stuff ar...

In GEAR » photos of your packed tent / tarp ?
March 23, 7:08pm

Re: Do I really need a pack cover?
No.

In GEAR » Do I really need a pack cover?
March 23, 6:29pm

Re: Superfeet
Nah... get lighter shoes :)

In GEAR » Superfeet
March 23, 6:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Making the right decisions
My daughter teaches grade school. But right now it is difficult to find a teaching job. She graduated from Cal State Long Beach a couple years ago. After living in So Cal all her life, she up an...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Having the time to backpack
March 23, 4:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ice Cream on the PCT
Well Craig, I guess Dr. Atkins was right? As to running 75-100+ miles per week. There are a lot of factors to include terrain, footwear, and most importantly intensity. My son is a fairly well k...

In Philosophy & Technique » High Speed Backpacking - why
March 23, 3:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am