BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4631 - 4640 of 5369 | Page: 1 ...455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 ...537

Forum » Thread

Re: WTB your old heavy gear for Boy Scouts
Frank, Just checked out in the garage. I have a Mountainsmith Frost Fire III internal frame pack and an early model Sierra Designs Super Flashlight tent. Both are in good condition. You can have...

In Gear Swap » WTB your old heavy gear for Boy Scouts
March 25, 12:12pm

Re: Re: Postage
"Ouch" Ben it is okay. More than likely in a couple years, they will have several packs in the gear closet like most of us. Remember, you are the "gear enabler."

In GEAR » Backpack Capacity
March 25, 11:59am

Re: Making the time to backpack
For most of us, there needs to be a balance between backpacking, work, and family. There is no perfect formula that is universal. I have children. I did not wants kids when I was younger. But wh...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Having the time to backpack
March 25, 11:56am

Re: Busting the Crust.
Jack, It is a problem when we do this, and sometimes unavoidable. I thought I remember reading that you lived in Utah, and there is a lot of this kind of soil there. I usually try to stick to...

In Philosophy & Technique » Busting the Crust.
March 25, 11:31am

Re: Re: Caution on Using AquaMira Liquids
Ben, I am willing to wait 4 hours. My method it to cook meals near water sources. I plan to arrive at my water source with 1 liter of water, so I still have something to drink. If during the day...

In GEAR » Nearly There!
March 25, 9:35am

Re: Speaking of luxury items... HELP!
Angela, In my life I did two 6-month epic trips. This was many, many years ago before any of these luxury items were availbable. If I were to do a long thru hike today, I would not carry anyt...

In Gear Lists » Speaking of luxury items... HELP!
March 25, 9:26am

Re: Backpack Capacity
Benen, Hard to say without packing your gear into a pack. As a guideline, here are my two most used packs. Capacity includes pockets: Gossamer Gear Murmur = 36 L This is used for short trips...

In GEAR » Backpack Capacity
March 25, 9:18am

Re: storing snowpeak stove/ti pot
See if Joe @ ZPacks has a cuben stuff sack that is the right size.

In Make Your Own Gear » storing snowpeak stove/ti pot
March 25, 9:00am

Re: Re: Tax write-off?
Dean, You can go to Its Deductible to get an idea of values. I don't think they have backpacks, but they do have other items listed.

In Gear Swap » WTB your old heavy gear for Boy Scouts
March 25, 8:55am

Re: Wind pants
Bob, Consider RailRiders eco-mesh pants. Unzip the sides for ventilation. I use these on most rips. Or you might consider convertable pants. I live in shorts, but most over night trips I wear...

In GEAR » Can you help me find wind pants?
March 24, 9:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am