BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4621 - 4630 of 5440 | Page: 1 ...454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ...544

Forum » Thread

Re: "Shots of the Week: Apr. 11 - 17"
Bill, That is a cool picture.

In Photography » Shots of the Week: Apr. 11 - 17
April 18, 9:49pm

Re: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: "Space Alien Invasion."
Beam me up Scotty?

In Chaff » Space Alien Invasion.
April 15, 12:26pm

Re: Choosing to hike in the rain
If I plan a trip, I go. But rain in California is not as heavy as other places. I do have to be careful in deserts due to the possibilty of flash floods. But it is unlikely that I will see 7 days o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Choosing to hike in the rain
April 15, 9:20am

Re: First Aid / Personal Care / Gear Repair
Wow, that is a lot of 1st aid stuff. Have you ever used any of it? I have been bacpacking solo for 40+ years and have only used Moleskin for blisters (now use Leukotape - rarely needed with since c...

In Gear Lists » First Aid / Personal Care / Gear Repair / Survival Kit
April 15, 7:30am

Re: Re, Re, Re, Re. Re, Re, Re, Space Alien Invasion
Don't worry about the invasion. We will probably destroy ourselves first.

In Chaff » Space Alien Invasion.
April 15, 12:04am

Re: Waist High: Wandering the Deep Canyons and Lonely Mesas of the Gila
Excellent adventure and great job of documenting it!!

In Photo Gallery » Waist High: Wandering the Deep Canyons and Lonely Mesas of the Gila
April 14, 11:55pm

Re: Perfectionist looking for the perfect hiking/camp pants...
There is no perfect pants. Sorry. Depends on conditions. I have many, many pairs of pants. My favorites in order... 1. RR Eco-mesh when I am hiking in a wide range of temperatures, with highs...

In GEAR » Perfectionist looking for the perfect hiking pants...
April 13, 12:15am

Re: The argument for cold food...
Everyone tries to reduce weight, and I think it is a good thing. There are two things I always strive for - 1. Efficiency when backpacking. This does not require sacrificing or packing extra wei...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The argument for cold food...
April 12, 11:59pm

Re: Re: bug protection?
+1 If the only thing sticking out of your sleeping bag is your head, then all you need is a mosquito net head bag. That is the lightest, and it also serves as a lightweight stuff sack.

In GEAR » bug protection?
April 12, 11:45pm

Re: Dog stuff
I don't hike with my dog for various reasons. I did get some of the ruff wear boots because of the summer heat and we go for a walk at least twice a day when I am at home. He hates them. And no...

In Gear Lists » Rough Gear List section hike AT
April 12, 11:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am