Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4621 - 4630 of 7247 | Page: 1 ...454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ...725

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Public Apology to the BPL Family
"This forum is so much more than a gear outlet." Most certainly! It's where EVERYTHING, including a simple apology, gets debated and bandied about ad nauseum (gosh, I've used a...

In Gear Swap » Public Apology to the BPL Family
April 07, 5:15pm

Re: Re: Government shutdowns ?
"But it seems that America belongs to the Government instead?" Nah, it belongs to the wealthy. They bought the government a long time ago.....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Government shutdown - effects on thru-hikers?
April 07, 5:11pm

Re: hahaha
"... realize that there are a lot of people who come here for information ... but don't necessarily feel like they have anything useful to add to the discussion." That, obviously, ...

In Gear Swap » Public Apology to the BPL Family
April 07, 2:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: USPS will remain in business
"Excellent point, I did not infer differently. BUT... can you imagine the pain a private's family will face, while he is fighting in the middle east? Politics at its worse." Didn&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Government shutdown - effects on thru-hikers?
April 07, 1:08pm

Re: Question for the Mods
"Asking the Mods to draw this line may not be the best course." +1 Already too many rules in life. We already seem to self-police pretty well. I'd prefer to keep it that way.

In Gear Swap » Question for the MODS
April 07, 12:57pm

Re: Re: USPS will remain in business
"Seems like military and federal police [added by Doug: and any excepted personnel, many civilian federal workers are excepted from furlough] will have to work, but may not get paid during the...

April 07, 12:51pm

Re: Anybody use a pot cozy?
I really like my pot cozy that I got from AGG for my MLD 850 pot. I rehydrate my meal in its own bag, and eat the meal, and the water still in the pot is still very for washing up and brushing my t...

In GEAR » Anybody use a pot cozy?
April 06, 7:11pm

Re: prius/xterra
"but it's been frustrating not to turn down some/most dirt roads" John, just go for it! I've taken both my Prius' down some pretty bumpy, pot-hole-filled dirt roads in the ...

In Chaff » What did you pay for gasoline today?
April 06, 9:20am

Re: Paramo Directional Clothing 60% Off.
A link, perhaps! ;-)

In Gear Deals » Paramo Directional Clothing 60% Off.
April 05, 8:28pm

Re: Hiking alone - how to amuse yourself?
I like to take songs I know pretty well, and then make up lyrics to the tune that fit the environment I'm currently hiking in. Had some great made-up lyrics to Regina Spektor's On the Radio...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking alone - how to amuse yourself?
April 05, 7:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am