Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4621 - 4630 of 6775 | Page: 1 ...454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ...678

Forum » Thread

Re: 2 person down quilt
Looks great! Thanks for sharing, I'm sure your wife loves it! I hope to get a double wide quilt soon as well, and a double wide bivy. Now if I can only find the woman to share them with........

In Make Your Own Gear » 2 person down quilt
January 28, 12:28pm

Re: Re: Mary Jane meals
"And while most of the meals are great don't waste your money on the "beef" meals. All it is is a small bag of organic jerky. Seriously! Not worth the extra money!" Can&#...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Jetboil
January 28, 11:18am

Re: Cocoon pants sizing
You might want to post this in "BPL Product Support" forum.

In GEAR » Cocoon pants sizing
January 28, 8:03am

Re: RE Ear plugs
I prefer to just bring a pair of vise-grips. Lock those tightly around a snorer's nose and they stop snoring. Guaranteed!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
January 28, 8:00am

Re: The Initiative...12,500 miles - the glass
As you might guess, I'm the cheeseburger guy.....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
January 28, 7:57am

Re: Mary Jane meals
+1 on the Mary Janes. Quite good - my favorite in the backcountry and the only ones I buy (though they are expensive). Added plus for those who like fires - the bags are made to be burned in the fi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Jetboil
January 28, 7:49am

Re: Trip & Route Planning Process
1. What do you do (e.g., checklist of your trip/route planning activities?) Most of my trips are weekend trips in the east, so generally just read about a trip in some guidebook or other and fig...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip & Route Planning Process
January 27, 1:54pm

Re: PIF
I would only caution you not to lose sight of your original purpose. IMO, we shouldn't try and be responsible for what others do or don't do, only for ourselves. As I see it, your wonderful...

In Gear Swap » PIF: You Pick
January 26, 4:36pm

Re: snoring bear pillow
I'll second the Arrowhead Equipment pillows. Wonderful. I use the larger one when ground dwelling, and have found the smaller one perfect for hammocking.

In GEAR » pillow recommendations
January 26, 11:05am

Re: Gram Cracker -n- Esbit
"The black soot on the cooking pot also becomes a bit sticky after sitting for a few days." I carry a small square of scrubby and clean the bottom of the pot after each use, so it neve...

In GEAR » Solid fuel users
January 25, 9:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am