Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4621 - 4630 of 6982 | Page: 1 ...454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ...699

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Vortex of Fear; Frozen BPLers on a Hiking Stick
Looks like no rain, just snow, from Friday on. Am I reading that right?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
February 23, 5:48pm

Re: Re: just a thought - backup
backup plans are for ..... never mind.......

February 23, 3:27pm

Re: RE
"but I just do not see how low tops can provide as much ankle support as a boot that comes above the ankle, its just not possible." Unless you have some solid (like hard plastic) top c...

In GEAR » Boots boots boots? help!
February 23, 2:25pm

Re: Re: Better to Ask Forgiveness Than Permission
"I wonder if we could do a 'pay if forward' type thing. Someone calls another guys wife, explains how the husband really needs said gear and . . . ?" Great idea! I'm not ma...

In GEAR » Bivy? What bivy?
February 23, 2:19pm

Re: Re : Larger Katabatic bivvy
Aaron said they were making one that would accommodate the large-size Neoairs and other pads of that width.

February 23, 1:57pm

Re: Vortex of Fear; Frozen BPLers on a Hiking Stick
Warm and dry is for Californians. Real backpackers like to be wet, cold and miserable. Prepares us for marriage......

February 23, 1:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Bivy? What bivy?
I think you probably can't go wrong with a bivy from MLD, TiGoat, Katabatic or Oware, as long as the size is right. All make quality stuff. My current favorite is the MLD superlight. Good el...

February 23, 1:23pm

Re: re: food for thought
Matthew, if you decide on any of the three trails I listed, I should have maps, maybe even a guidebook, you could use. Just don't destroy them and mail them back when you're finished.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Central PA hikers, question about Old Logger's Path
February 23, 1:04pm

Re: Trip Report: 2010 Teton Crest Expedition
"Doug, did you notice the spelling of your last name in the introduction??? LOL!" I did! ;-) I've already razzed poor Damien about it. I did not take a tarp. I was planning on s...

In Editor's Roundtable » Trip Report: 2010 Teton Crest Expedition
February 23, 12:59pm

Re: Re: Trip Report: 2010 Teton Crest Expedition
Roger, I used an SMD Starlite pack. I like the way it carries heavier loads, and it worked wonderfully for the trip. It had more room than I needed, but I don't think I would have liked my fram...

In Editor's Roundtable » Trip Report: 2010 Teton Crest Expedition
February 23, 11:56am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am