Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4621 - 4630 of 7581 | Page: 1 ...454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ...759

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Anyone use waterproof socks - Chris
On the Rocky oversocks, what size shoe do you normally wear, and what size Rocky oversock fits you best? Thanks,

In GEAR » Anyone use waterproof socks?
May 30, 2:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Personal hygiene
"How is this not already a bumper sticker?" It is. In prison.....

In GEAR » Personal hygiene
May 29, 8:26pm

Re: Door
Both, actually. It runs along the bottom of the front end and around down the side.

In Gear Swap » FS: Bearpaw Minimalist 1
May 29, 8:14pm

FS: Bearpaw Minimalist 1 - SOLD
Sold Bought a regular Bearpaw Minimalist 1 bivy from a fellow BPLer who had never used it. I set it up in the yard and decided it wasn't for me. So, basically, it's new.

In Gear Swap » FS: Bearpaw Minimalist 1
May 29, 7:32pm

Re: stop using sunscreen? are you kidding?
No, not kidding. That's why, as I said, I wear long sleeve shirts and pants. And of course a hat with attached 'cape' to cover my neck. I feel pretty safe.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sunscreen
May 29, 11:15am

Re: New Backpacks
Great work Chris! The Half Pack 2.0 will be on the trail next weekend! Really like that cuben pack with the double side pockets you made, looks sweet!

In Make Your Own Gear » New Backpacks
May 29, 10:02am

Re: Re: Sunscreen
"I got the Badger brand sunscreen based off of their report and I hate hate hate it. It smells odd, it's sticky and never blends in." +1. I stopped wearing sunscreen. I use some zi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sunscreen
May 29, 7:48am

Re: Suggestions on Cuben Packs or Producers?
I don't know liters. But the HMG Windrider, which is a cuben hybrid, would carry heavier weights well, is probably more durable than a straight cuben pack, and is still relatively lightweight. ...

In GEAR » Suggestions on Cuben Packs or Producers?
May 28, 9:59pm

Re: Re: Over Priced European Sierra Cup.
"And yes, I buy pointless stuff, too, just because I think it's cool. And I would hope y'all would call me on it." Really? Why? Someone buys something they like, they get enjoy...

In GEAR » Kupilka Classic Drinking Vessel
May 28, 9:37pm

Re: Disney
"Even if you are fabricating all of this..." I'm not clever enough to fabricate this! ;-) Washington Times article. Piece of crap system won't let me embed the LA Times l...

In Chaff » Jeremiah Johnson 1972
May 28, 7:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am