BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4621 - 4630 of 6519 | Page: 1 ...454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ...652

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: these might help some people.
"I would rather see all the time and money being put into climate research and military offense to be spent instead on getting human population under control and ensuring ample clean food and ...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
November 16, 2:19pm

Re: Smackdown
What polite company!? ;-)

In Editor's Roundtable » Reader Tips: Best Way to Pitch a Tarp with Fewest Stakes or Guylines
November 16, 12:28pm

Re: Re: Yellow Gumby
The gumby suit is indeed very warm. And yes, you bring the sleeves into the suit for a toasty sleep, so tossing and turning is no issue at all. I used mine one snowy night in PA. I was on an ele...

In Philosophy & Technique » Luxury and lightness
November 16, 8:11am

Re: Luxury and lightness
Crazy? Perhaps. Decadent? Probably. Stupid? No way. Be toasty. Be happy.

In Philosophy & Technique » Luxury and lightness
November 15, 8:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
"I was referring to the government, not the military, not the firemen, not the teachers, not even most of the bureaucracy. I'm talking about the higher party echelons and state governors a...

November 15, 3:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
"The government will offer subsidies to electric car buyers, though." The government also gives subsidies to big oil, big agribusiness, cotton growers, etc. etc. We taxpayers subsidize...

November 15, 11:20am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
"Most car companies want to have the best gas mileage, it sells more cars. And if one could build a car that got 200 mpg, the would garner a huge percentage of market share that would create g...

November 14, 9:52pm

FS: NeoAir small - SOLD
NeoAir small is sold.

In Gear Swap » FS: NeoAir small
November 14, 2:09pm

Re: New Raku! Woo Hoo!
I know how jealous you got when you saw me so comfortably (and warmly) eating my dinner last winter! Glad to see you've got one of your own! And remember to pull the sleeves in for the ultimate...

In GEAR » New Raku! Woo Hoo!
November 14, 8:33am

Free stuff - part deux - BPL members only - GONE
Stuff be gone. Oliver, who promised he's actually smiled twice today, gets the goods. Okay, same as before. Offer for BPL members only. You pay actual shipping. You must take it all, I'm...

In Gear Swap » Free stuff - part deux
November 13, 12:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am