Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4621 - 4630 of 7159 | Page: 1 ...454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ...716

Forum » Thread

Re: Thanks BPL
"Oh boy....get a room!" ROFFL!

In Chaff » Thanks BPL
March 22, 11:25am

Re: PIF
"All these PIF threads are getting tiresome." Of course, the other side of the coin is, all these whiney posts about threads that no one is forced to read are getting tiresome.

In Gear Swap » PIF: New Yaktrax Walkers
March 22, 11:24am

Re: Toying with the Idea
The Warbonnet site has setup videos for their hammocks, you might find that useful.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's Your View Towards Hammocks?
March 22, 7:45am

Re: Do you get used to sleeping in a hammock
Like Ken, the first time I used one was the best sleep I'd ever had in the backcountry. If you're a tosser/turner, simply grab some of the hammock fabric to assist your rolling around, i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's Your View Towards Hammocks?
March 22, 6:56am

Re: Verdict on BPL quilt and Jacket
I haven't used the quilt (and don't know that I will, actually, I do find it a bit short), but I used the top in chilly California weather for a couple of days. Kept me warm worked well. Do...

In GEAR » Verdict on BPL quilt and Jacket
March 22, 6:20am

Re: Came here to hide
Oh, what a spectra web we weave, But doth this cuben quite deceive! Waterproof yet!—no wonder why I felt the mist fall to my eye: I might have known there was but none Whose fabric could que...

In Chaff » Came here to hide
March 21, 7:10pm

Re: Re: Re: bombs away!
OBE

In Chaff » Libya
March 21, 5:57pm

Re: Re: is no one offended?
"Or should we, as adults, dumb down to PC at all times?" Sorry, I use a Mac.

In Chaff » THE WRATH of the Almighty - Mark My Words!!
March 21, 2:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: bombs away!
"we can't all acquire firsthand knowledge on every subject -- and second hand is sometimes better than nothing -- but the two cannot be compared. ... And this fear of the unknown -- compou...

In Chaff » Libya
March 21, 2:20pm

Re: Re: bombs away!
"and some seem almost 'proud' that they have never ventured beyond our national borders because there is just so much to see and do here at home" Not sure this was necessary. I...

In Chaff » Libya
March 21, 1:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am