BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4621 - 4630 of 6592 | Page: 1 ...454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ...660

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Socks
"What size are the socks?" Of course! Sorry. The socks are medium.

In Gear Swap » FS: Injinji toe socks - $300
December 10, 8:46pm

Re: Re: Socks
Shoot, Travis, I can never pull one over on you! Okay, I admit it, the socks aren't wool.

December 10, 8:20pm

FS: Injinji toe socks - $300 - SOLD
More correctly, the quilt has sold. I have three pair of Injinji toe socks I'm selling for $300. Only one pair has been worn, the other two are like new. Light brown color. I'll include ...

December 10, 7:32pm

Re: "TiGoat polies best/lightest?"
"I opt to use the poles w/o the optional wrist straps" Personally, I think this is key. I'm also aggressive with my poles, but have never busted one because as soon as I feel one &...

In GEAR » TiGoat polies best/lightest?
December 10, 5:57pm

Re: Blackwelder
Try here

In GEAR » Katabatic Gear Blackwelder 0* Quilt
December 10, 10:01am

Re: MYOG Hexamid?
"In sewing clothing, it was always recommended that anything not simple first be made up in the cheapest material available. That gives you a chance to practice without ruining a bunch of good...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Hexamid?
December 09, 8:58pm

Re: simple.
"I would think that even a simple-minded warmist-alarmist simpleton like you would be able to ascertain that a left-winger, even one of smaller stature, would start to sink (and thus lose one&...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
December 08, 3:38pm

Re: Solo...and the wife (or husband)
Well, I'm not married, and I've never had kids, so I feel eminently qualified to answer your question! 1. Don't make her feel silly or overprotective for being worried, even if you t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Solo...and the wife (or husband)
December 08, 2:43pm

Re: oh
I'd think there are a number of us who wouldn't! Of course, I don't see it as an either/or proposition. Not sure I'd rap completely with Hayek either....

In Chaff » Boom and Bust
December 08, 8:21am

Re: Everybody with Keynes
"I guess everybody here would rap right along with Keynes." You'd guess wrong! ;-)

In Chaff » Boom and Bust
December 08, 8:02am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am