BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4621 - 4630 of 6525 | Page: 1 ...454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ...653

Forum » Thread

Re: RE Boots
Ah. Sorry, can't help. I have some winter 9s, a wee bit too small for you!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Winter boots
November 16, 9:17pm

Re: Winter boots
What size?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Winter boots
November 16, 9:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
"But we have a huge mess on our hands." We probably agree on as much as we disagree, perhaps a bit more. But on this, the mess we're in, we're in complete agreement. There is s...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
November 16, 9:01pm

Re: WTB: High Vis 50L Pack Cover
MLD pack cover comes in bright yellow. Great pack cover because of the way it goes on the pack. You can just stuff stuff into the sides of it while hiking without any worry of anything falling out ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: High Vis 50L Pack Cover
November 16, 6:54pm

Re: Re: Devin
"Edit: didn't regular old html links used to work on here?" Yup

In Gear Deals » Montgomery Kettle (now the Backcountry Boiler)
November 16, 2:47pm

Re: tired.
"where do y'all plan to go with this? around in circles forever?" That's it! Dave, you're a genius. Global warming arguments, they're all Billy Preston's fault! ...

November 16, 2:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: these might help some people.
"I would rather see all the time and money being put into climate research and military offense to be spent instead on getting human population under control and ensuring ample clean food and ...

November 16, 2:19pm

Re: Smackdown
What polite company!? ;-)

In Editor's Roundtable » Reader Tips: Best Way to Pitch a Tarp with Fewest Stakes or Guylines
November 16, 12:28pm

Re: Re: Yellow Gumby
The gumby suit is indeed very warm. And yes, you bring the sleeves into the suit for a toasty sleep, so tossing and turning is no issue at all. I used mine one snowy night in PA. I was on an ele...

In Philosophy & Technique » Luxury and lightness
November 16, 8:11am

Re: Luxury and lightness
Crazy? Perhaps. Decadent? Probably. Stupid? No way. Be toasty. Be happy.

In Philosophy & Technique » Luxury and lightness
November 15, 8:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am