BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4621 - 4630 of 6629 | Page: 1 ...454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ...663

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: The SOLite is on the Cascade Designs site as an upcoming product
Sure

In GEAR » Thermarest RidgeRest SOLite
December 29, 6:52pm

FS: Patagonia Ascentionist Jacket - SOLD
SOLD FS: Patagonia Ascentionist jacket, darkish blue, size medium, excellent condition, only worn a couple of times around town.

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Ascentionist Jacket - medium
December 29, 1:33pm

Re: Re: Thermarest RidgeRest SOLite
"I think the Solar and the SOLite are the same product with conflicting data in the specs." Not the same product. The Solar is a 'plusher' SOLite. The SOLite is basically the &...

December 29, 12:29pm

Re: Thermarest RidgeRest SOLite
They're confusing things. From Cascade Designs website: Based on the design of the original, legendary RidgeRest pad, the RidgeRest SOLite mattress is a great minimalist pad for 3-season use...

December 29, 12:06pm

Re: Re: Wearable sleeping bag
"I don't get it." For what I use it for, it's great. (Of course, I also don't care if people think I'm weird, that's a daily thing for me, I'm used to it....). ...

In GEAR » Wearable sleeping bag
December 29, 10:23am

Re: Stylus
Somewhere on the forums Miguel Arboleda gave a link for making your own stylus.

In GEAR » Using a touch screen with gloves on
December 28, 8:32pm

Re: Stylus
The stylus will work even when you're wearing gloves.

December 28, 8:28pm

Re: Using a touch screen with gloves on
Use a stylus. Very light.

December 28, 8:09pm

Re: Huh?
"If you think about body heat & trapping it, then isolating your extremities doesn't make much sense." FWIW, when you sleep in a Raku, you bring your arms inside the 'bag.&...

December 28, 7:31pm

Re: Saw the Raku in person
I don't think you saw a Raku. For one, I doubt it'd be hanging in a local store somewhere, and the Raku doesn't have foot pads, it opens at the bottom so you walk on your feet in your s...

December 28, 7:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am