BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 4621 - 4630 of 6404 | Page: 1 ...454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ...641

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Sort of a Gear Question...
Ben, 1Password works for all websites that I've thrown at it. But it's so much more. And your data in 1Password is encrypted. It's a great solution, IMO. More info here: http://agile...

In GEAR » Sort of a Gear Question...
August 09, 2:55pm

Re: Sort of a Gear Question...
If you still have your iPad, I'd just use that. There's a wonderful program called 1Password that allows you to store all of that info within the program, which is password protected (as go...

In GEAR » Sort of a Gear Question...
August 09, 1:50pm

Re: Cuben Fiber Tarps
I'm happy to attest to the quality workmanship on Lawson's tarps. The one he made for me is very well made and perfect for what I wanted.

In Gear Deals » Cuben Fiber Tarps
August 09, 9:25am

Re: Re: having kids
"So it is about choices overall" This is, when all is said and done, what it's all about, I agree. My choices might not work for you, and vice versa. But they shouldn't have to...

In Chaff » Personal greenhouse emissions: procreation vs driving a hummer
August 07, 4:40pm

Re: FS: Gaz Bluet Stove
I still have one of these! Used it for all my bike touring trips in the late 80s, early 90s! I still have a couple of canisters for it. Anyone in the Midatlantic that buys this, I'm happy to...

In Gear Swap » FS: Gaz Bluet Stove
August 06, 6:05pm

Re: this is how you think?
Why do you have to stay out of it because you're Canadian? We're more than happy to chime in with our opinions on anything, regardless of where in the world it might be happening! Well, ...

In Chaff » Personal greenhouse emissions: procreation vs driving a hummer
August 06, 5:42pm

Re: Re: UL Cell Phone
"I'd want a CDMA phone for possible coverage in the boonies." I don't think T-Mobile uses a CDMA network, though I could be wrong. I thought only Verizon used a CDMA network, s...

In GEAR » UL Cell Phone
August 02, 3:53pm

Re: Re: quitting caffeine
Quit now. Make it a lifestyle change. A nice hot cup of herbal tea with a bit of low GI agave nectar is wonderful on a chilly morning, as is a mug of skim hot cocoa (a bit of caffeine in the cocoa,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ever quit caffeine?
August 02, 12:14pm

Re: Re: Re: need to pay medical bills... ??????????????????????
"Yep. I buy a lot of gear. I am a gear junkie of sorts. Always trying out gear, and if I don't like it... I sell it." Hmmmmm. Me too. In fact, I believe I sold the Houdini to Matt ...

In Gear Swap » need to pay medical bills... need cash fast. Some UL, most not.
July 31, 8:24pm

Re: pros and cons
"Advantages of a gun: -makes your d~ick feel bigger" Sorry to disabuse you of that feeling, but hanging a weight on your d~ick does not make it bigger. Ummmmmmm, I, uhhhhhhh, read tha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 1 dead, 2 injured in Montana bear attack
July 30, 2:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am