BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4611 - 4620 of 5284 | Page: 1 ...453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ...529

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: I agree
That's it Matt, they know their audience. Can't fault them on that. The thing is, most of use here are on the fringe and represent such a small piece of the industry's market share, tha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacker mag gear issue
March 06, 3:12am

Re: Best lunch on the PCT
Fig Newtons!! Gosh I haven't had those in years. I think I'll take some on my next trip. Are they normally stocked in stores (my wife does not allow me in the grocery store with her - as I ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Mid-day snacks / on the go lunch
March 06, 2:51am

Re: A Different Approach
Ben, Nice insights. Actually on my last few business trips I have used my TNF Rucksack as luggage and carried my laptop in a small computer bag. At the end of January I had a meeting in Irvine C...

In Gear Lists » A new kind of list...
March 06, 2:48am

Re: Re: Re: A new kind of list...
I travel a lot, but not internationally. Light, I have a Photon on my car key chain. I park the car at the airport and take the keys with me. This often comes in handy, especially when getting i...

In Gear Lists » A new kind of list...
March 05, 4:23pm

Re: Treatment
I am going to suggest with aquamira you don't need a filter. Now we get to how to scoop out water in shallow places. Wire mesh is single use item, and coffee filters cost you weight, you nee...

In GEAR » Aquamira Amount on PCT
March 05, 4:07pm

Re: Re: Regarding chaff flamewars
Everyone has a computer and have complete control of pushing the Left mouse button. If a thread goes down a path you do not like, then don't push the button. It seems pretty simple to me. ...

In Chaff » Regarding chaff flamewars
March 05, 10:03am

Re: Re: aquamira
Evan, I used iodine from the 60's until last year, when Ben convinced me to switch to the Aquamira. I use the tablets because they are more convenient, and being older I can afford them. ...

In GEAR » Aquamira Amount on PCT
March 05, 8:03am

Re: snacks
I am not one to make my own food. For snacks I usually just buy the Planters trail mix without and candy in it and repackage it. In the desert the candy melts and makes a mess. However if I put my ...

March 05, 7:33am

Re: Abba Zaba and Big Hunk
+ 2 on Look candy bars. Thee are pretty hard to find.

March 05, 7:27am

Re: Snacks
+1 on Abba Zaba and Big Hunk. My guy at 7-11 makes sure they never run out, because I stop by several times a week.

March 04, 7:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am