Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4601 - 4610 of 6517 | Page: 1 ...452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ...652

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: 8lb. of trash
"And what I do in the privacy of my own bathro....er.....home is none of your business!" Now Doug. Don't be baiting the hyenas. You know where that got you last time. ;}

In Chaff » Border Wall Threatens Fragile EcoPreserve
May 19, 5:45pm

Re: Trekking Poles - opinions?
"Save up the money and get the LT4s." +1

In GEAR » Leki Thermolite Trekking Poles - opinions?
May 19, 5:35pm

Re: Cottonwood lakes?
Give the Whitney Ranger District folks in Lone Pine a call. They're right there.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Looking for Inspiration for a Sierra Hike
May 19, 5:32pm

Forum name change
I propose we change this forum name from Chaff to Venting. :))

In Chaff » Border Wall Threatens Fragile EcoPreserve
May 19, 5:24pm

Re: Re: Re: What do you throw in at the last minute?
An extra packet or two of Perpetuem.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you throw in at the last minute?
May 19, 5:01pm

Re: Re: California already has the same type law!
"It reinforces that unbalance and because it is aimed specifically at unofficial Hispanics it therefore gives legitimacy and legal support to racial profiling." Miguel, I agree with y...

In Chaff » Stop and Identify Laws
May 19, 4:59pm

Re: Re: Oregon vs. Virginia
"Oregon does have lots of poison oak and poison sumac!" And snakes on the East Side.

In Chaff » Where should I live Oregon vs. Virginia?
May 19, 4:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Running vs. Climbing Thoughts...
"Everest, on the other hand, is simple to understand, mountaineer or not: it's the highest and it's irrelevant to most people that over 2000 people have climbed it." Two things...

In Other Activities » Running vs. Climbing Thoughts...
May 18, 9:02pm

Re: Re: Running vs. Climbing Thoughts...
"I would venture to guess there are many more people in the world who run, versus the number of mounataineers. So, yes I think a sub 27 1OK is more elite than climbing Everest. A sub 27 requir...

In Other Activities » Running vs. Climbing Thoughts...
May 18, 5:50pm

Re: Synthetic Hoody for Camp
"Any suggestions?" +1 on the down. Assuming you're wearing a good cold weather base layer, e.g. mid weight wool or Cap 2, a WM Flight Jacket plus a Powerstretch balaclava should d...

In GEAR » Synthetic Hoody for Camp
May 17, 8:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm