BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4601 - 4610 of 5958 | Page: 1 ...452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ...596

Forum » Thread

Re: Firearms
"The 2nd amendment is a right granted to us by god and affirmed by the bill of rights" You mind telling me where you found that in the Bible?? "I wish people that had no clue a...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL with a gun?
December 17, 3:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trail/Road Running Training
"As for this specific road 30K, it is put on by a great group of people and attracts a really fun crowd, thus its appeal" Heck, just treat it like your long run of the week. Kick back...

In Other Activities » Trail/Road Running Training
December 16, 6:13pm

Re: Obama
"I'm wore thin with the liberal America." Go south, young man!

In Chaff » How Did BUSH WIN...?
December 16, 6:08pm

Re: pickle
"I haven't checked the stats lately, but I do know this. You don't wanna get yourself in a pickle with Jesus.......that cat's quick." Reminds me of a graffitus I saw above ...

December 16, 5:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BUSH was GOOD for ul backpacking
"democracy very often is a marketing departments wet dream, the way it is sold makes you expect more..." caveat emptor

December 16, 5:49pm

Re: re: selling out
"Now they've got shoes and shoe-sandal crossbreeds that look like the b@st@rd child of Keen and Merrell's one night stand." Lucas, Man, you've got a way with the words! ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What happened to Golite?
December 16, 5:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No camping in the Glenfarclas barrel room.
"wrong equalizer buddy unless, are you sam colt by chance?" Nah. Doug goes by the nickname Smith and you can call me Wesson. ;}

In Chaff » Who's land is it anyway?
December 15, 8:33pm

A concern
It seems to me that this is a very generic answer, at best. It is a basic physics axiom that it requires x energy to move y mass z distance, as I recall from an introductory physics class long ago...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Calories burned - UL Versus 42 pounds
December 15, 8:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: No camping in the Glenfarclas barrel room.
"what are you getting at?" Hint: It has to do with the Second Amendment. ;}

In Chaff » Who's land is it anyway?
December 15, 5:38pm

Re: Climategate
"I thought GS was in New York, where concealed permits aren't allowed." Unless you work for GS. ;}

In Chaff » Climategate
December 15, 4:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm