BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4601 - 4610 of 6041 | Page: 1 ...452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ...605

Forum » Thread

Re: Another reason to take your iPhone backpacking
"The AR.Drone, a four-rotor “quadricopter” which is controlled by Wi-Fi signals, includes wireless cameras that can stream video to a iPhone or IPod Touch" BAAAD idea, IMO. You ju...

In Chaff » Another reason to take your iPhone backpacking
January 07, 6:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for Richard
"then put it in a dryer (medium heat) for 45s to 60s." Richard, One point of clarification: Does the "s" in 45s to 60s mean seconds? Sounds like a dumb question, I know,...

In GEAR » Reapply DWR to shell of down jacket?
January 07, 9:10am

Re: Re: Ursack minor?
"I have had trouble cinching the bear ursack completely closed." Hi Donna, Try tying the Ursack to a tree(using a figure 8 or square knot), with only a single overhand knot at the a...

In GEAR » Ursack minor?
January 07, 9:00am

Re: Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
"Neo's sister is called Base Camp. Interested ?" Has she been with any other hikers?

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
January 06, 8:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: spending money
"Ouch! You are SO gonna ...... I don't know, but you most likely are!" ??

In Chaff » Health Care
January 06, 8:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: 9 oz tent
"They have. I call her "Neo." She's a cutie!" Does she have a sister? ;)

January 06, 8:30pm

Re: SPECS
The MSR Lightning Ascent 25 SPECS are as follows: Dimensions = 8" x 25"; Weight/pr = 3.6#; Max load = 225#; Surface area = 176 square inches. The Northern Lites Elite SPECS are as...

In GEAR » Let's talk Snoeshoes
January 06, 6:55pm

Re: Re: 9 oz tent
"Never know how much I love you, Never know how much I care. When you put your arms around me, I get a fever that's so hard to bear." Sounds like they've come up with a UL v...

January 06, 6:09pm

Re: Re: Re: spending money
"Now. How can I fit abortion in, here?" Easy. Perform them with a gun. ;}

In Chaff » Health Care
January 06, 5:53pm

Re: Let's talk Snoeshoes
"They look interesting" Looks like it's going head to head with the MSR Lightning Ascent, with a lot of the same technical features. I wonder about weight and total surface area. ...

In GEAR » Let's talk Snoeshoes
January 06, 5:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm