BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4601 - 4610 of 6006 | Page: 1 ...452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ...601

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Little People MUGS
"The last step of one journey is the first step of the next." From one Michigan native to another, that is wisdom for the ages. And thanks again for sharing your beautiful family with...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ugly Mugs
December 25, 3:22pm

Re: Which Shelter to buy?
"What are everyone's thoughts?" You might consider evaluating the updated version of Henry Shire's Scarp 1 double wall Tarptent. He appears to have addressed all the issues ra...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Which Shelter to buy?
December 24, 8:10pm

Re: Little People MUGS
Now that is beyond what I could have envisioned when I suggested Venusian Visages. Heart warming beyond words. You and your daughters are blessed to have each other. Thanks for sharing, Ken.

December 24, 7:57pm

Re: Re: Pretty Mugs
"Hey, only 3 lady hikers? Where are all the rest of you? C'mon..." Women don't generally like to think of their mugs as ugly, Ben. Maybe a new thread should be started? Somet...

December 23, 8:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Veggies on the roof
" I'm growing the vegetables on the roof in an old bookcase we found on the street!" Too cool!

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight Living Guide
December 22, 8:18pm

Re: Avatar
Hey Jay, Did you make it down Enchanted Gorge and back up Goddard Creek? I'm always looking for first hand accounts. I went over Rheinstein Pass into the headwaters of Goddard Creek a coup...

In Chaff » Avatar
December 22, 8:16pm

Re: Re: tread lightly
"I am learning to grow a garden. I may become someone who follows Food Not Lawns kinds of ideas and grows an urban garden" I hope you stay with this one for a while, Diane. In additio...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight Living Guide
December 22, 6:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Forgetting Tom
"I did it again, didn't I .... Sigh" Don't stress man, once I saw your picture I wasn't going out with you anyway. ;}

December 21, 8:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ugly
"You did even worse than that, Douglas, you put it down in writing. Never, never, NEVER!

December 21, 8:00pm

Re: Re: Forgetting Tom
Hey Doug, I thought you wanted ugly.

December 21, 7:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm