BPL Community Profile

Susan Papuga (veganaloha) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Susan Papuga has not added a biography yet.
CityHonolulu
StateHawaii
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListJMT 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Susan Papuga

Showing 461 - 470 of 523 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Forum » Thread

SUL packs
Miguel, You are exactly right. it's not just about the pack size, like you said, it's a fabric sack. The issues are the size of the sack, ie it generally needs to be narrower and shorte...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Backpack Features
March 17, 2:41am

Bear Can rentals in Yosemite
marcus, have you considered just renting a bear can from teh park when you pick up your permit? it may be easier and cheaper than buying one. susan

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT. I have a permit.
March 17, 1:59am

JMT - Erik' s Trail Atlas
I just received the trail atlas i ordered from Erik. They are on sale 20% off until march 21st. It seems like a good guide with all the important data you would need, and plenty of room ro writ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT. I have a permit.
March 17, 1:57am

Bear Cannister Inside Pack
this summer will be my first time using a bear can, and looking at the previously posted picture, i'm a little concerned about how much room these things take up inside a pack. it's one th...

In GEAR » Bear Canister on Top Versus Inside Pack
March 17, 1:45am

accomodations in Lone Pine and mammoth Lakes or camping?
is there camping sites available in either LP or MML? or do I need to get a motel/hostel in eiter place? I think making reservations may be tough since I kind if want to hav a few days leewy on m...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT - getting there & away
March 17, 1:28am

JMT travel
thanks all. you've given me more options to research. I will consider the Mammoth Lakes Airport, but when I searched flights in or out, they were very expensive hops to any major airport li...

March 17, 1:22am

Thanks, Bob & Bob!
I was actually asking about my return trip. ie. finish JMT at Whitney and quickly get back to YVC to catch the bus to Merced and travel on to Oakland. Checking flights, it's several hundred do...

March 10, 6:54pm

Re: Re. SUL Backpack Features
Dan, That was one of the best posts I've seen explaining SUL principles. Thanks! One thing I would like to get lighter is my pack. I have a GoLite Pinnacle and a Jam., wich each weigh 1...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Backpack Features
March 10, 5:40pm

Re: Montbell Thermawrap vest
Fora synthetic option when down is not desired, the Montbell thermawrap vest is really nice. I thinks men's medium is around 5 ounces, but my women's size small is a out 4 ounces.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » What are your favorite pieces of SUL Gear? (Links Wanted)
March 10, 5:26pm

Asics Trabuco Trail Runners
+1 on trail running shoes. Always lighter than hiking shoes. I've been using the contemporary versions of Asics Trabucos to trail run, hike and backpack in now for over 10 years. They held u...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Light Weight Shoe Recommendation
March 10, 4:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Susan Papuga

Susan Papuga has posted no reviews.