BPL Community Profile

Susan Papuga (veganaloha) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Susan Papuga has not added a biography yet.
CityHonolulu
StateHawaii
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListJMT 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Susan Papuga

Showing 461 - 470 of 534 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Forum » Thread

Re: June + July = wet
Sounds like a awesome trip! I spent a few months in China in 2006 & 2007. +1 on getting your visa straigthened out before you go. You'll pay more for any changes or extensions in China. ...

In GEAR » Gear Just Keeps Showing Up :D
March 23, 3:47am

UL warm synthetic quilt
Christine, I would recommend looking more closely at how cold it will actually be at your destination in the months for your trip and then buy the temp rating you need for the average or predomi...

In GEAR » Warmest synthetic quilt available: Enlightened Prodigy?
March 23, 3:18am

Re: Day Pack vs GoLite Jam
GoLite makes the Jam in both men's and women's models. It is not unisex. Since you're shopping for your daughter to use as an overnight pack, I would definitely buy her the women'...

In GEAR » Day Pack vs GoLite Jam
March 23, 2:59am

Re: Re: Re: 95% Ethanol and Heet or 95% Ethanol and Denatured Alcohol ?
Jim, Thanks, I couldn't remember what red heet was. you're right, in addition to burning hot and fast, it is very sooty. I used it once when I just needed a few dyas of fuel at the end...

In GEAR » Heet and Denatured Alcohol Question...
March 23, 2:44am

Re: Re: New Zealand for a month
If you go to the north island, Tongarero Crossing or Trek are a must. As is the Wanganui River "GW", which is actually a kayaking trip from hut to hut or campsites. And ofcourse, my f...

In Pre-Trip Planning » New Zealand for a month
March 22, 1:58am

Re: Heet and Denatured Alcohol Question...
I have been in the situation you describe and have mixed the two with no ill-results. Side Note, I was using the HEET in the yellow bottle. I ran out and only needed a few more days worth, so w...

In GEAR » Heet and Denatured Alcohol Question...
March 22, 1:50am

North or South Island?
Since you're talking Routeburn, heaphy and Milford, it looks like you're planning a south island trip. You're right, milford trek fills up fast. and the others can as well especiall...

In Pre-Trip Planning » New Zealand for a month
March 19, 4:17am

JMT plans
Thanks! great info on camping, accomodations. yes I'm checking on flight options now. If it's remotely the same cost wise adn saves a lot of time and hassle, then I will plan to fly ou...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT - getting there & away
March 18, 3:06am

Re: Synthetic sleeping bags - best weight to warmth ratio
Christine, +1 for enlightened equipment. Tim Marshall is a great guy to work with. i recently purchased a 40 F quilt and although it is a little heavier and bigger than i needed size-wise, it&...

In GEAR » Synthetic sleeping bags - best weight to warmth ratio
March 18, 2:56am

Z-Lite Short is 9 ounces
or you can easily cut it down a few panels at a time until you find the length/weight that is comfortable for you. either way, it's really a great pad.

In GEAR » Most comfortable CCF pad? (Z Lite vs Ridgerest SoLite vs other?)
March 17, 4:03am

All Reader Reviews by Susan Papuga

Susan Papuga has posted no reviews.