BPL Community Profile

Ryan C (radio_guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Alaska
About Me Ryan C has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListZion Traverse 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan C

Showing 461 - 470 of 511 | Page: 1 ...33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Forum » Thread

Re: Sleeping bag input
Thanks for the useful input. The Summerlite is tight with tons of additional clothing, especially a down jacket. The thin Thermawrap would fit though. Interesting idea of doubling up sleeping bags....

In GEAR » Sleeping bag input
September 21, 9:19am

Sleeping bag input
I have a Western Mountaineering Summerlite that has served me well this spring and summer. It is comfortable down to about 40 degrees with shorts and a t-shirt using a Neoair. In a few weeks a ...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag input
September 19, 8:32pm

Re: Experience with Heatsheets?
I use one as a ground sheet. Comparatively light and multipurpose if needed. Another (unconfirmed) advantage is that the sheet reflects some of your body heat back to you and can supplement your sl...

In GEAR » Experience with Heatsheets?
September 19, 4:41pm

Lumix ZS7
Although it is not the lightest thing in the world at around 7oz, I have found my Panasonic Lumix ZS7 to be a great camera. The 25mm wide angle lens with 12x zoom, HD video, full manual modes, and ...

In GEAR » UL cameras?
August 02, 10:40pm

TT Moment
I have had my Tarptent Moment for a few months now. For the most part, it has been just fine. Condensation CAN be an issue but the end vents do help some. In the humid conditions I use mine in, ANY...

In Editor's Roundtable » Performance Appraisal of the Tarptent Moment
August 02, 10:06pm

Quilts, BA bag
I have considered quilts but feel that I would be more comfortable with a regular bag that could be used as a quilt. Maybe I will give them a try when I go Super UL with a Gatewood Cape and a tyvek...

In GEAR » Ultralight synthetic sleeping bags
May 31, 11:06pm

Lafuma bags
Funny that you should mention this. I have a Lafuma Warm n Light 600 Down 40deg bag. It is ok but I upgraded to the WM. I would like to sell the Lafuma and get a synthetic so that I have two types ...

May 31, 10:39am

Ultralight synthetic sleeping bags
I have a WM Summerlite and it is awesome. Being that many of the areas I camp are pretty warm at night (50-70 degrees) and VERY humid (condensation and dew everywhere), a warm weather synthetic m...

May 31, 10:06am

Lightweight double wall tent
I recently picked up a solo double wall tent for car and airplane camping and to serve as a backup to my Tarptent if needed. You may want to check out the Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1. It weighs in ...

In GEAR » Ultralight solo tent: which one to pick?
May 29, 8:11pm

Moment, cleaning the tent
Thanks to everyone who has replied. I do plan on keeping the Moment as it is a great design. As for coastal areas, I have some long v-stakes that should work ok. I have not had a chance to wash ...

In GEAR » I need some tent advice
May 27, 9:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan C

Ryan C has posted no reviews.