Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan C (radio_guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Alaska
About Me Ryan C has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListZion Traverse 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan C

Showing 461 - 470 of 518 | Page: 1 ...33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Forum » Thread

Re: Insulation Info
That chart on the first link is awesome. I am still trying to understand CLO but that thread is very useful. The Frost Line Parka is made of the same materials as the Alpine Light but is about 9...

In GEAR » Winter gear and layering advice
November 15, 1:10pm

Winter gear and layering advice
I will probably going on a 4 day trip in the Smoky Mountains N.P. at the end of the year. Temperatures can vary but I am to expect around ~0*F at night, 20-35* during the day. I have decided to...

In GEAR » Winter gear and layering advice
November 15, 11:31am

Fenix flashlights
I carry a Fenix LD20 every day, it is awesome. A little too heavy for backpacking though. Try twisting the bezel near the lens. It switches between regular and turbo mode on the LD20. If that do...

In GEAR » fenix PD series flashlight
November 06, 12:06am

Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
Yes and no. My Victorinox is a tool I carry and use nearly every day. The scissors are the most used, followed by the blade, screwdriver(s), ink pen, tweezers, and that awesome mini flat head drive...

In GEAR » Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
October 22, 7:31pm

Has anyone used this filter?
I came across this Middleboro Mini Water filter. Looks interesting but has some limitations. I like the fact it has .1 micron filtration using a ceramic element and carbon from what I can tell. ...

In GEAR » Has anyone used this filter?
October 04, 12:08pm

Get a PLB, they are far superior.
Being a general aviation pilot and a backpacker, I encountered the Spot/PLB dilemma earlier this year. I wanted something that would save my life if needed. SPOT operates around 1600MHz, PLBs o...

In GEAR » Spot 2 vs. McMurdo Fast Find
October 04, 11:43am

Spiral Ti stakes
I have some of those same English made spiraled steel stakes and they are awesome for my Tarptent Moment. 4 are carried and are somewhat heavy, makes my shelter weigh in just over two pounds. H...

In GEAR » UL skewer stakes with helical grooves, Al or Ti?
September 24, 8:16pm

Re: Sleeping bag input
Thanks for the useful input. The Summerlite is tight with tons of additional clothing, especially a down jacket. The thin Thermawrap would fit though. Interesting idea of doubling up sleeping bags....

In GEAR » Sleeping bag input
September 21, 9:19am

Sleeping bag input
I have a Western Mountaineering Summerlite that has served me well this spring and summer. It is comfortable down to about 40 degrees with shorts and a t-shirt using a Neoair. In a few weeks a ...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag input
September 19, 8:32pm

Re: Experience with Heatsheets?
I use one as a ground sheet. Comparatively light and multipurpose if needed. Another (unconfirmed) advantage is that the sheet reflects some of your body heat back to you and can supplement your sl...

In GEAR » Experience with Heatsheets?
September 19, 4:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan C

Ryan C has posted no reviews.