BPL Community Profile

Stuart . (lotuseater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale 40°N,-105°W-ish
About Me Stuart . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart .

Showing 461 - 470 of 794 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ...80

Forum » Thread

Kaitum 3
Thanks for sharing your photos of the Saitaris. That's a veritable home away from home. Although at 14lb, I wouldn't be taking it without a pulk. At half the weight I have the Kaitum 3. ...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
February 09, 10:08pm

SL2
The SL2 is now listed under "Shelters" as a tarp, but out of stock until April. At 1lb 10oz it looks like they are no longer bundling it with the inner.

In GEAR » New 2013 Golite Gear
February 08, 2:42pm

Hilleberg published weights for 2013
Like David, I was looking at the 2013 Hilleberg catalog yesterday. Packed weights have gone up between 3-7oz for most tents in the Kerlon 1800 and Kerlon 1200 lines, although suspiciously the Unna...

In GEAR » Your fav solo winter backpacking tent?
February 03, 10:32pm

2013 Hilleberg catalog - weight increases published
I picked up the 2013 catalog yesterday and Hilleberg are finally coming clean about the packed weight. The Soulo is listed as 5lb 5oz instead of 4lb 14oz as listed last year. Weight increases are...

In GEAR » Actual Hilleberg Soulo Packed Weight
February 03, 10:22pm

Tom Bihn
You could try tombihn.com - his company makes lots of travel bags with 210d Dyneema as the lining, and more recently 400d Dyneema as the outer fabric. The Side Effect is his fanny pack offering, h...

In GEAR » Dyneema waist pack? Custom job?
January 27, 10:06pm

Pulk
Nice find, Gary! I saw them a couple of weeks ago at full price ($39) and I'm glad I hesitated. Of course, with the lack of a winter so far I am not surprised McGuckins are discounting them. ...

In Gear Deals » Pro Expedition sled for a pulk--Boulder, CO
January 26, 8:33pm

re: Original Review?
@Ryan - Thank you for your quick reply, and for directing me to the original discussion thread. I know the thread descended into some unpleasantness, but I found value in some of the contributions...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter 4400 Backpack Review
January 24, 11:22am

Original review?
Whatever happened to the original review of the Porter / Expedition? As provocative as some of the statements were, both in the article and in the comments afterwards, there was some really good co...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter 4400 Backpack Review
January 24, 7:43am

Montane Pace
Not exactly within your parameters, but this eVent baseball cap was designed to work with the Spektr smock and might meet your needs: http://www.montane.co.uk/range/accessories/pace-cap

In GEAR » does anyone make such a hat?
January 23, 11:16pm

+1 StratoSpire
Stephen and I camped just below the continental divide in really windy conditions last June. His SS1 fared far better than the SoloMid I purchased specifically for its low profile. It sheds wind ...

In GEAR » 2 person tent, 3+ seasons for 4 pounds? Hilleberg Anjan or something else?
January 23, 6:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart .

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
I had to cancel an order I placed a couple of weeks ago with Ron. He was very gracious, no argument on his end or attempt to persuade me not to cancel, and my refund came through within 24 hours. To...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 21, 7:52am