BPL Community Profile

Stuart . (lotuseater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Where the air is thin
About Me Stuart . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart .

Showing 461 - 470 of 728 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ...73

Forum » Thread

Colin Ibbotson's comments
Colin addresses the use of GG LT4s with the Trailstar in this blog post. He also uses BD Z-Poles (130cm) but doesn't find them useful for the Trailstar. Of all the Z-Poles, the flick-lock...

In GEAR » Trailstar and the Zpoles conundrum (or want the LW poles but need adjustability
August 27, 7:13pm

Chikara
It was a bit a saga, getting my OookStar. I placed an order on May 1st, and Sean surprised me by shipping it three weeks ahead of schedule, in late May. However it never arrived. Sean made up an...

In GEAR » Experiences with Chikara nylon as a tent floor
August 27, 2:54pm

Andrews Glacier
It was a very mild winter, so most snow melted a month or more ahead of schedule, and by July 4th there was barely any to be found. I do know there's some still on Andrews Glacier in Rocky Mou...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Snow in Colorado
August 27, 10:58am

Blue Moon
That's because you're drinking Coors :-) Stick with me, and I'll ejumacate you on the real Colorado beers.

In GEAR » Scarp 1 High Wind Performance?
August 23, 8:25pm

Pile failure
I've said it before, Stephen - you've got to get that spolchika sorted out on the iPad :-) Or maybe it's the voice recognition software - Siri gives up on my mid-Atlantic rendition of ...

In GEAR » Scarp 1 High Wind Performance?
August 23, 7:52pm

Montane Terra / Terra Pack pants
After years of using Exofficio Amphi pants, I switched to Montane this summer. The Terra pant is very wear resistant, and I'll use them for bushwhacking or rocky terrain. The Terra Pack pant ...

In GEAR » Top picks for hiking long shirt/ long pants? Anybody have a favorite?
August 23, 1:52pm

Trailrocs
My understanding is the Trailroc 245s (3mm drop) and 255s (6mm drop) have a rockplate under the forefoot, whereas the 235s (0mm drop) have nothing. Inov-8 models are designed for maximum flexibili...

In GEAR » What ultralight trail runners do you guys use?
August 23, 1:35pm

Petra's been packing on the ...
... ounces lately. Then again, Hilleberg have never been about UL. Raw material supplier change, perhaps? Damn fine tent, but it might have to go on a diet to appeal to this crowd.

In GEAR » Actual Hilleberg Soulo Packed Weight
August 19, 1:00am

Looks like the regular
That looks like it has the exact same cut as my 6' regular Megalite. I think WM mislabeled your bag.

In GEAR » Can this be right? Large difference in WM vs Marmot sleeping bag lengths
August 17, 8:44am

Variability
Hilleberg do state that there is variability in the weights for every tent, primarily because the thickness of the Kerlon fly material is not constant over large sheets. 6oz is surprising and I...

In GEAR » Actual Hilleberg Soulo Packed Weight
August 15, 10:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart .

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
I had to cancel an order I placed a couple of weeks ago with Ron. He was very gracious, no argument on his end or attempt to persuade me not to cancel, and my refund came through within 24 hours. To...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 21, 7:52am