BPL Community Profile

Stuart . (lotuseater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale 40°N,-105°W-ish
About Me Stuart . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart .

Showing 461 - 470 of 763 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ...77

Forum » Thread

How necessary?
I see you're planning the trip from afar. I gather you won't have the luxury of changing the trip date at the 11th hour in case of inclement conditions, so you should consider other conting...

In Winter Hiking » How necessary is a 4 season tent?
October 17, 8:50pm

Measured, not obsessive
I used to have more impulse purchases before I started paying attention to both the weight and the performance of items. Now I research before I buy so that I'm more likely to get it right firs...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is every ultralighter obsessive?
October 13, 9:57am

Minimum height
Excellent point - the max height would be good for a DuoMid owner, but the min height wouldn't let me put my Trailstar into storm mode. Hmm, guess I'm still looking for the perfect pair of...

In Winter Hiking » Dynafit Broad Peak poles for winter trekking?
October 09, 7:01pm

Outdoor Designs
Outdoor Designs and Integral Designs are two brands that were acquired by Rab's parent company. I had the same confusion. I don't know whether the former has any distribution in North Amer...

In Gear Swap » WTB: eVent
October 09, 4:47pm

Waxed cotton
Love my Barbour jacket ... for walking my dogs at a leisurely pace or standing around in the rain watching a rugby match, but for any level of exertion waxed cotton really stinks. Windproof it is,...

In GEAR » Best backpacking hat?
October 08, 10:19pm

Bivy
Derrick, The biggest effect the Superlight bivy has is to keep drafts from penetrating the bag - thereby mitigating convective heat loss. I have both the Megalite and the Versalite, and both se...

In GEAR » Exped Synmat UL7 LW first impressions
October 08, 9:51pm

Red tent
Now you understand my reasoning for swapping out the green Soulo for a red one. Of course, that's not going to help me much when I'm on the move during the day :-(

In Winter Hiking » Winter is knocking on the door
October 08, 8:48am

Dynafit Broad Peak poles for winter trekking?
Does anyone have experience with Dynafit's Broad Peak two section carbon fibre poles for winter trekking? I popped into my local outfitter at the weekend, interested in seeing Black Diamond...

In Winter Hiking » Dynafit Broad Peak poles for winter trekking?
October 08, 8:46am

Winter diet
OK, so that's breakfast accounted for, but what about lunch & dinner? :-) On topic, the SynMat UL's gone into hibernation along with the Megalite and the Soto ODR1 stove. DownMat, V...

October 08, 8:11am

Welcome to autumn
Wild temperature fluctuations guaranteed. Yup, it snowed here the other day, and it's right around freezing now but it'll be in the 70s by the afternoon.

October 08, 7:39am

All Reader Reviews by Stuart .

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
I had to cancel an order I placed a couple of weeks ago with Ron. He was very gracious, no argument on his end or attempt to persuade me not to cancel, and my refund came through within 24 hours. To...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 21, 7:52am