BPL Community Profile

Stuart . (lotuseater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Where the air is thin
About Me Stuart . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart .

Showing 461 - 470 of 737 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ...74

Forum » Thread

"Three season" use
I'd agree that the SynMat UL7 is ideal for temps to about freezing. It can be supplemented as needed with a 1/8" pad (eg Gossamer Gear's Thinlight pad) to wring out a few more degrees...

In GEAR » Exped UL Synmat 7 vs. Exped UL Downmat 7 vs Thermarest Neoair All Season
September 24, 10:15am

Re: Down Jacket Shoot-out: GoLite Bitterroot vs. Rab Infinity
GoLite's pricing has been all over the board. I see that the Bitterroot is listed at $199 but is out of stock. I'm curious whether they will jack up the price just as it becomes available...

In Editor's Roundtable » Down Jacket Shoot-out: GoLite Bitterroot vs. Rab Infinity
September 12, 10:56am

My Soulo doesnae suck
I had mine out last winter in conditions varying from dry and 3F low, to very humid, upper 20s as a low and 18" wet heavy snow. I've yet to experience the flapping fabric issue, and it...

In GEAR » Which tents under 3kg will take 100km/h winds from any direction?
September 09, 10:38pm

Soulo weighed
I finally got around to weighing my Soulo this evening. Packed weight comes in at 2355g, or 5lb 3oz. Purchased earlier this year. Seems like they're using lard as a waterproofing agent these...

In GEAR » Actual Hilleberg Soulo Packed Weight
September 06, 10:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Results, not time served
Kat - Then I stand by my comment that your coworkers are part of the problem, and their actions are doing a disservice to the students in the long run. You won't gain respect from your direct ...

In Chaff » Student workers. Am I off?
September 04, 10:56pm

Re: Re: Results, not time served
Kat - point taken. Not all jobs are about creative problem solving. It sounds like the problem is that your coworkers don't agree with your methods. Are they getting the results that you and...

September 04, 10:29pm

Results, not time served
There's a generational difference I've observed at work over the last few years since my company started hiring college grads again. And we, the direct supervisors and managers, are being ...

September 04, 9:41pm

Another vote for ...
The last two years I have bought and sold more shelters than I ought to admit to. My so-called UL journey started with Big Agnes, and I decided I preferred the Copper Spur over the Fly Creek. But...

In GEAR » Please help a newbie choose a shelter
August 30, 10:38pm

Ultra Pure
My understanding is that the sockless Ultra Pure includes the kevlar in the sole. Seems to me this would be the most flexible option for those needing the extra protection without having to wear a...

In GEAR » Suggestions for ultralight camp shoes under 4 ounces.
August 29, 11:10am

Colin Ibbotson's comments
Colin addresses the use of GG LT4s with the Trailstar in this blog post. He also uses BD Z-Poles (130cm) but doesn't find them useful for the Trailstar. Of all the Z-Poles, the flick-lock...

In GEAR » Trailstar and the Zpoles conundrum (or want the LW poles but need adjustability
August 27, 7:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart .

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
I had to cancel an order I placed a couple of weeks ago with Ron. He was very gracious, no argument on his end or attempt to persuade me not to cancel, and my refund came through within 24 hours. To...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 21, 7:52am