BPL Community Profile

Andy Anderson (ianders) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Part time backpacker, only a few trips a year. Most trips to the mountains of North Carolina.
CityMyrtle Beach
StateSouth Carolina
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Anderson

Showing 461 - 470 of 569 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Forum » Thread

Re:
I am about 5'11" and was wondering how much room I will have at my head and feet before touching the walls? I currently have a Golite SL-1 and was condsidering making the switch to "...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape
January 12, 12:10pm

Gatewood Cape
Is it okay to use the Gatewood Cape without a bivy? I haven't seen one in person, but I looks like it shuld be paired with a bivy if expecting rain.

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape
January 12, 10:58am

Anybody ever used the Marmot Scree Softshell Pants
I was thinking about picking up a pair of Marmot Scree Softshell pants. This will be my first pair of softshell pants. Something to use for winter hiking in the NC mountains, playing in the snow ...

In GEAR » Anybody ever used the Marmot Scree Softshell Pants
January 10, 6:47pm

Hiking trails near Santa Fe?
I am going to Santa Fe near the end of February with a friend to visit his brother. I have never been to Santa Fe and was wondering what the weather will be like that time of year and if there are...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Hiking trails near Santa Fe?
January 10, 4:20pm

Nice Ion
Nice job Javan! Can't wait to see what you do with mine!

In Make Your Own Gear » Snowed In: Modif-ION'd
January 10, 12:01pm

Which kind of alcohol leaves the leaves the lesast soot?
I am considering switching over to an alcohol stove and was wondering which kind of fuel produces the least soot. I have tried 90% Isopropol Alcohol and it produces lots of soot. Yellow HEET seem...

In GEAR » Which kind of alcohol leaves the leaves the lesast soot?
January 09, 8:39am

Golite SL-1
Weighs about 18 oz and is like a Mansion inside.

In GEAR » 6' 2"
January 07, 5:12pm

Take a look a their website.
Bass Pro sells a lot of other gear than just for fishing. Lots of camping gear too. Take a look at their website before you give up. What about a headlamp?

In Gear Swap » FS: 25$ to Bass Pro Shops
January 06, 4:43am

If you get a chance, Watch "180* South" on Netfilx
Not a Lightweight Backpacking Topic, but over the weekend, I watched a documentary titled "180* South" on Netflix. It is a great film on Yvon Chouinard, the founder of Pategonia. If you...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » If you get a chance, Watch "180* South" on Netfilx
January 03, 8:50am

Thanks Chris.
I fly a Cessna 310, so I would prefer 3,000 - 3,500 feet of runway. I am from the level part of South Carolina, so I can get by with as short as 2,500 down here. But in the mountains, I want as m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking trails near airports in the Southeast.
December 29, 9:39am

All Reader Reviews by Andy Anderson

Andy Anderson has posted no reviews.