Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 461 - 470 of 615 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ...62

Forum » Thread

DX40
I've weighed it and it's 6.9 oz/yd. It's indeed awesome fabric and the face fabric is mostly dyneema. I've been using it for pack bottoms which seems to be a perfect place for it.

In Make Your Own Gear » Heavier weight cuben fiber ?
August 29, 6:30pm

Dirty Girls
Agree with the above; Dirty Girls are awesome and will do much more than any change of shoe would. Cheap, light, and they work.

In GEAR » Need high top minimalist shoe!
August 27, 9:04am

Re: quilt
For warmer weather desert trips I usually take a narrowish silk 2.5 oz Apex quilt and no other insulation. Very breathable, nice against the skin (not clammy like nylon gets) and light.

In GEAR » UPPER temp limits of sleeping bag comfort?
August 26, 4:41pm

Re: Warning... Machetes can be Hazardous to your Health
Just want to reiterate what Bob said; hiking with machetes can be very dangerous business. One little stumble and the blackberries might not seem so bad...

In GEAR » Machetes for bushwacking.
August 26, 7:18am

"Filter vs Steripen"
I have an Opti and love it. I've never had a single problem and it's seen LOTS of use.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Filter vs Steripen
August 25, 11:20am

3d mesh weight
It's relatively heavy; the rockywoods stuff is just under 15 oz/sq yd. I've used the thru hiker mesh as well and I'd be surprised if it was much different.

In Make Your Own Gear » How light is reasonable for a (non-Cuben) MYOG pack ~30 liters?
August 17, 6:11pm

Re: How light is reasonable for a (non-Cuben) MYOG pack ~30 liters?
If you keep straps, buckles, pockets, 3d mesh, etc to a minimum it's probably doable. Those add up way faster than fabric weight. Here's one I made that's similar volume to what you&#...

In Make Your Own Gear » How light is reasonable for a (non-Cuben) MYOG pack ~30 liters?
August 17, 5:45pm

Re: RE: OWF Prices
The only thing is that OWFINC will only sell you 10 yds of Apex per person per year unless you have a "Climashield license". You can still get the wholesale price if you buy 20 yds of a ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wholesale Climashield?
August 11, 10:27am

Re: Re: Navigation Primer Suggestions?
Roger C posted this a while back... http://www.bushwalking.org.au/FAQ/MapGuide.pdf

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Navigation Primer Suggestions?
August 04, 12:28pm

MT110 coming soon
Just came across these. Looks like a pretty awesome mix of the MT101s and Minimus: -4mm drop -Same last as the Minumus -Stickier rubber and deeper lugs than the 101s -upper that should be more...

In Editor's Roundtable » Minimalist Footwear for Fall/Spring Backpacking
August 03, 5:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.