Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Vance (Servingko) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Intermountain West
About Me Thru hiked the PCT in 1983 and half of the CDT in 84. Backpacking since 1973 when I did my first 50 miler as a scout. Total gear nut and have dropped from a base weight of 35lbs to 10 - 12lbs and love spending time in the mountains even more. I typically get out for 2 week long trips and several weekend trips each year.
CitySalt Lake City
StateUtah
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Vance

Showing 461 - 470 of 501 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Forum » Thread

Terra Nova Bivy Tarp Tent FS
I have a brand new Terra Nova Bivy Tarp for sale that includes the tarp, net inner tent with floor, guylines, front and rear poles, and 10 titanium skewers. $110 shipped to the lower 48.

In Gear Swap » Terra Nova Bivy Tarp Tent FS
April 27, 9:44am

SOLD
All items have sold.

In Gear Swap » New Shangrila 3, Nest, and Floor
April 26, 9:16am

Shangri-La still available
The Shangri-La is still available but the nest and floor have sold.

In Gear Swap » New Shangrila 3, Nest, and Floor
April 25, 7:48am

Thanks!
Bender, thanks for the heads up. I get Sierra Trading Post's emails but most of the time there isn't anything that interests me. I picked up one of these for my son (about 55" tall) ...

In Gear Deals » Women's GoLite Adrenaline 40°F Down Sleeping Bag - $121.87 shipped
April 22, 4:19pm

Quilt width
based on the site's info, the 61" girth is with each edge of the quilt in 4" from the side of a standard width 20" pad making the pad's contribution 12". If you subtrac...

In Gear Deals » New Company Manufacturing Down Quilts, Down Balaclavas and Ultralight Biyvs
April 22, 8:54am

WM Caribou
A Long Caribou from Western Mountaineering at 20% off would fit all your criteria and is a sweet bag.

In GEAR » Looking for summer bag
April 13, 12:09pm

Getting rid of the mint
You might try putting in say a 1/4 cup of baking soda and then filling with water and shaking it up. I would let it sit that way for a couple of days and then rinse it out and see if the mint tast...

In GEAR » Annoying Dr Bronners Platypus Residue
April 13, 8:42am

Deflation
Thanks for the info Ben. I have found over the years that if I release the valve to let out the air when it's time to get up, I have a hard time laying there for long on the cold hard ground. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 11.4 oz 78x20x2.5" Sleeping pad :)
April 09, 1:08pm

New Pad from Kooka Bay!
I thought I would post this in this thread as well since there doesn't seem to be an "official" Kookabay thread. I received my pad from Bender yesterday and have to say I am impres...

In GEAR » Anyone use Kooka Bay sleeping pads?
April 09, 11:21am

New DAM Arrived!
I received my pad from Bender yesterday and have to say I am impressed. The seams and sealing is very consistent, straight, and even. My custom pad used the standard 70d fabric and is 24" w...

In Make Your Own Gear » 11.4 oz 78x20x2.5" Sleeping pad :)
April 09, 11:15am

All Reader Reviews by John Vance

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Katabatic Chisos
This is from previous posts but I thought I would include it here as well. I received my Chisos with 2oz overfill and just wanted to update those waiting to hear a little more about my initial imp...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
June 06, 11:48am

Katabatic Gear Sawatch
I know I only have spent 4 nights using my Katabatic Sawatch, I wanted to get a review out for those interested that I have posted elsewhere on this site but not in the review area. I can say thi...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
June 10, 10:18am

Six Moon Designs Swift10
Now that I have some miles on my 2010 Swift I thought I would prepare a more thorough review. I have been using a 2006 SMD Starlight for the past few years and really love it coming from a brief stin...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 10, 10:09am

Kookabay Custom Down Air Mattress (DAM)
I recently my pad from Bender yesterday and have to say I am impressed. The seams and sealing is very consistent, straight, and even. My custom pad used the standard 70d fabric and is 24" wide, 6...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 22, 11:08am