BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 461 - 470 of 823 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ...83

Forum » Thread

Apples and Oranges and Pineapples
TW has a very specific and focused way of backpacking. If I wanted to winter camp in the southeast Appalachians around Tellico +/- , I would honestly seek TW's advice. But if I wanted to ...

In Philosophy & Technique » King of Denial
January 02, 1:14pm

my favorite hat...
My favorite, all purpose hat is one I paid $4 CDN in the MEC in Calgary. Polartec fleece, a green color. Light and folds up nicely. It is my 'go to' hat when I do a quick day hike, out in...

In GEAR » WINTER HATS--- Beanie/Skull style
January 02, 11:30am

MREs
MREs work well if you have the logistical support and motorized access of the US Military. So, if you are car camping, by all means take the MREs. :) (I would argue that some inexpensive cann...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » New to MRE's
January 01, 2:21pm

Not nuts at all
If there was one single piece of gear / clothing / widget that worked for all people, all conditions and all activities, it would mean much smaller stores and warehouses. :) The Nano puff does n...

In GEAR » Am I nuts,the Nanopuff doesnt work for me?Is the praise just hype?
January 01, 2:09pm

The Trail Show #7 - Great Himalaya Trail
Today we bring you Episode #7 - Our December Holidaze Show. On this month's episode we discuss Mags' recent trip to Utah, the results of our Win-a-Date with "Pepper" contest ...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #7 - Great Himalaya Trail
December 16, 11:11pm

Skied today
Well, my good friend and I did a ski tour today. A lovely morning ski with just enough snow to get a kick and glide in and a fun little downhill down the road back to the car. (CMC south to Lil Rav...

In Editor's Roundtable » An Introduction to Nordic and Backcountry Ski Gear
December 16, 2:36pm

CO debates
Ha! :D Yes, it really can religious here, too But, luckily those debates are mainly online, too Luckily my friends and I keep our religious differences to ourselves. ;) I've bee...

December 14, 3:50pm

Religious debate
Wow..this is ALMOST as good as what type of water treatment to use. ;) Going skiing this weekend....never occurred to me have an intense debate over what skis to use first. :D (Now, what be...

December 14, 11:11am

"I hike" now on Kindle!
BUMP His book is now avail in Kindle format! Get a virtual stocking stuffer. :) Great read IMO. As mentioned, my wife is NOT a long distance hiker and she loved the book.

In On the Web » iHike by Lawton "Disco" Grinter
December 14, 10:32am

Enjoyed the article!
I loved the article..of course Nordic Backcountry is my favorite type of skiing. :) My Nordic setup is very similar to Eric's (I use the civilian version of the Asnes skis, Crispi touring bo...

December 12, 6:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.