BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 461 - 470 of 847 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ...85

Forum » Thread

The Trail Show #9 - The Appalachian Trail
Happy End of Winter! Today we bring you Episode #9 - Our Appalachian Trail show! On this month's episode we discuss POD's close encounter with National Geographic, a call to Pepper on p...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #9 - The Appalachian Trail
February 25, 7:52am

Sweet
Good tent for someone starting out. Eureka makes what I call "bread and butter" gear. Solid, not flash, gets the job done at a good price. Needless to $35 is awesome. Is it the "...

In Gear Deals » eureka solitare on the cheap
February 24, 7:37pm

Stupid..stupid..stupid.
On first ever backpacking trip, I carried enough canned goods to stock a 7/11, a knock off "Rambo Survival Knife" and a ginormous rust-orange Campmor Hollofil II sleeping bag. The sleepin...

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Heavy"
February 21, 9:52pm

Stupid Light
One time I packed a .5 liter box of wine when a 1 liter box of wine was avail. Stupid. Never made that mistake again.

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Light"
February 21, 7:07pm

shades of Gray/Grey
"Remember for proper usage: gray (A if you are in america) grey (E if you are in England)" I'll remember that next time I see a Greyhound bus. ;-)

In GEAR » Why gray? A completely superfluous question about silnylon shelters.
February 19, 3:23pm

1980s
In the 1980s the only pack I was carrying was what had my GI Joe toys and Transformers. :) In the 1990s, I was more about chrome rims on my Mustang with faint smell of Darkkar Noir permeating th...

In GEAR » Which cannonballs should I be looking at?
February 18, 9:24pm

From XKCD...
On a more serious note, you may want to start FROM the south and head north if doing the AT. Gonna be a hard to trail to live off the land on the heavily populated East Coast, however. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » The begining of the rest of my life.
February 18, 7:45pm

lightweight history
In the classic two volume set Rodale set of AT books, one of the early thru-hikers had a 16 base pack weight with a white gas stove, a knife and other "heavy" gear. This was about 1965. ...

In GEAR » Which cannonballs should I be looking at?
February 18, 5:31pm

Outdoors with the wife
Ah, but I do enjoy separate trips. I went to Utah this thanksgiving and spent a week in the wind river range solo this past summer. But we met on an outdoor trip and continue to enjoy each other&#...

In GEAR » Camping with partner?
February 09, 2:53pm

Backpacking with Mrs Mags
First, car camping with Mrs Mags is easy. We have a whole bunch of equipment and have it dialed-in. We have comfortably car camped in winter conditions, enjoy the solitude and see things that are...

In GEAR » Camping with partner?
February 09, 12:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.