Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 461 - 470 of 942 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ...95

Forum » Thread

LCW
>>Is that the LCW High Route in that pic? Indeed it is! Great little route. As for saving weight, I do it as much for simplicity as weight savings. Sometimes, esp by myself, I just want...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Going Stoveless - Cold Food for Thought
July 02, 2:16pm

stoveless
> Stoveless is an option, not a mandate. Indeed! That's what I try to stress to people with most gear choices. "Here's an option; maybe it will work?" This is the second ...

June 28, 1:23pm

steak and eggs
Randy, your photo is why I love that place!!! :)

In Post-Trip Reports » 24 Hours in the Wilderness: Lost Creek Backpacking
June 27, 11:28pm

24 Hours in the Wilderness: Lost Creek Backpacking
A quick overnighter in the Lost Creek Wilderness on the classic Brookside-Payne Creek loop. The Lost Creek Wilderness of Colorado is often my "go to" for early summer backpacks. I...

In Post-Trip Reports » 24 Hours in the Wilderness: Lost Creek Backpacking
June 26, 8:06pm

Denver
But extra long weekend, I assume you mean 4-5 days? Denver has oodles of backpacking within a two hour drive or so of the airport. Lots of options that way. Denver is a major hub, so shoul...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Backpacking near major airports?
June 26, 8:03pm

Going Stoveless - Cold Food for Thought
It is wildfire season here in the Rockies. And with the fires come bans on certain types of backpacking stoves. A good reason to look at going stoveless while backpacking. Here's why I think...

June 25, 7:43pm

quotes
I used to manage a Yahoo group for the local outdoor group I was active with. In every mailing, there would be an suitable quote for the outdoors, travel or adventure. Here's the compiled li...

In Philosophy & Technique » Words to hike by
June 25, 10:26am

Damn...
I just backpacked in the LCW this past weekend. A chunk of the loop was on the CT. http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmags/sets/72157634297646130/ I was hiking perhaps 5 miles from the fire? Wo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CT segment 2 closed due to fire
June 24, 10:42pm

Segments 1 and 2 closed
For all intents and purposes, Segments 1 and 2 are closed. The start of Seg 3 off of 126 is confirmed to be open. Good info at the CTF Facebook page. Even if you are not a FB member, you can sti...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CT segment 2 closed due to fire
June 20, 5:50pm

skiing
crap! We missed that question. I really wanted to answer it myself as we discussed skiing. :) We'll answer it on the july show for sure! Thx for the kind words BTW. We certainly have fun ...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #13- The Oregon Desert Trail
June 20, 9:40am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.