Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 461 - 470 of 932 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ...94

Forum » Thread

All good reasons..BUT
Trying convincing Mrs Mags to not use a tent with a "real" floor. :) She'll backpack with me only if we have, what she calls, a real tent. So we happily (? :) ) backpack togethe...

In GEAR » Why floorless tents are actually better for the fastidious
June 19, 9:54am

The Trail Show #13- The Oregon Desert Trail
It's Summertime and today we bring you Episode #13! On this month's episode we discuss National Trails Day & our upcoming workday on the Colorado Trail, our recent hike of the Boul...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #13- The Oregon Desert Trail
June 19, 8:47am

thrifter
The thrift store has mainly provided me with fleeces, wind jacket/pants and long sleeve dress shirts (65/35 poly-cotton) for three season hiking. My overall best find in a thriftier was a Patag...

In GEAR » Thrift stores.
June 13, 4:11pm

fit
Slightly baggy. More than an athletic fit, but a little less than "relaxed" fit. Hope that helps.

In GEAR » Intresting UL wind pants from dance world
June 13, 8:00am

Stoveless
On solo trips it is an option I make use of for sure. Less futzing, no need to cook in hot weather and do not have to worry about fuel. Ps be safe! 4 miles seems unccmfortably close. :O

In Pre-Trip Planning » Fire bans on the CT
June 12, 10:21pm

Fire bans
...seems like it is another (possible) year for WG, canister or stoveless options for meals if these bans continue.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Fire bans on the CT
June 12, 9:17pm

Dance Pants
It is what I used all last summer. My Montbell windpants "crapped the bed" in the Pecos last Memorial Day Weekend (after nine years of use, I ain't complaining. :D) So, I figured ...

In GEAR » Intresting UL wind pants from dance world
June 12, 9:03pm

CDT?
Do the CDT portion from Salida to Twin Lakes. Lovely stretch of trail, relatively easy logistically (Drop off at Monarch Pass, pick up on HWY 82 by Twin Lakes). ~80-85 miles. After you are ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Trip Suggestions
June 11, 7:40pm

boulder hikes
Besides Peter's excellent logistic suggestions, this link should assist with some hikes in the area: http://protrails.com/area/boulder-denver-golden-fort-collins-lyons

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dayhikes accessible from Denver?
May 31, 5:31pm

Highline Traill UT
Funny. I was thinking of doing this trail in early September. I was in Dinosaur NM this past weekend with Mrs Mags and those mountains kept on calling. Relatively unused, something I have n...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Highline Trail UT
May 29, 7:36am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.