BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 461 - 470 of 876 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ...88

Forum » Thread

The Pecos!
THe Pecos Wilderness is where it is at. 13k ft mtns, above treeline, alpine lakes, big horn sheep and plenty of places that feel isolated. This is a nice loop I did two years ago that is abo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sangre de Cristo mountains
April 12, 10:35am

Polypro
I have and use the ECWCS polypro (http://coldweatherclothing.ciehub.info/ECWCS.html ) for winter. Mainly for base camp purposes (like Chaco ..brrr!), but the shirt also works well as a 's...

In GEAR » Polypro reconsidered also, but in different ways
April 11, 5:22pm

Fleece
"Fleece can mean many different things. When I say it I mean a 200-300 weight fuzz pile, with no membrane" That's my personal definition as well for this discussion. "T...

In GEAR » Fleece reconsidered
April 11, 4:47pm

There is no right way. :)
Funny, I actually prefer a fleece and windshirt combo for backcountry skiing. Versatility. Versatility. Versatility. Which is what you CAN'T do with a puffy or softshell for that matte...

April 11, 11:17am

How to enjoy the rain, sleet and fog...

In Philosophy & Technique » Enjoying Continuously Wet Weather
April 10, 3:17pm

Fleece
"All you mountain people need to realize that here in the uber flat flatlands, one simply does not generate enough heat in the deep fall through early spring to hike WITHOUT insulation" ...

April 09, 9:44pm

Fleece with down
>>I don't think its an either or. I use fleece insulation to be warm enough when moving and puffys to go over top for breaks. That's what I do, too. Wear my fleece and wool ...

April 09, 11:16am

Fleece and windshirt
I am all about the fleece and windshirt combo for winter. I don't snowshoe, but I am an avid Nordic skier and find this is the combo that works for me. For an in-depth look at this system, g...

April 08, 7:33pm

Fleece reconsidered
Something I wrote recently that has received some good traction. Thought people here may find it interesting. Basically, a look at the humble fleece jacket that many of us here have eschewed at ti...

April 08, 4:31pm

SOS...our electronics are in danger! :)
File this under the "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" category... Search and Rescue called because the hikers were afraid to get their electronics wet: http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/21902624...

In On the Web » SOS...our electronics are in danger! :)
April 07, 10:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.