BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 461 - 470 of 862 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ...87

Forum » Thread

Writing the purple prose
I wrote this a few years back. Perhaps it will help and/or enlighten and/or make you bored to tears. ;) http://www.pmags.com/after-the-trail-%E2%80%93-post-trail-re-adjustment I need to up...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone ever regret a thru hike??
March 27, 3:25pm

Regrets?
I regret not being in the postion to thru-hike right now. :) All the hiking I've done from my early 20s - 35 yo has made me the person I am right now (Turning 39 this May) Currently I am...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone ever regret a thru hike??
March 26, 3:06pm

Dress shirt
Along with what David said, I use an old long sleeve dress shirt for sun protection. It is a poly-cotton (65/35) blend and have used a variation of this shirt for most of my backpacking since 200...

In GEAR » Skin Cancer Scare
March 26, 2:54pm

The Sun
I'm a clothing rather than sunscreen kind of guy. Long sleeves and dorky sunhat. I've been hiking more in long pants since I've taken up alpine climbing, too. I tan well thanks to...

In GEAR » Skin Cancer Scare
March 26, 8:23am

Skis and snowshoes
Disco is only kidding (I think!!! :D) about shutting down the show for talking about backcountry skiing. D-low and I are very much into skiing (Nordic backcountry in particular) and it was fun t...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #10 - The Sierra High Route
March 25, 7:14pm

The Great Stove Wars
These threads amuse me. :) Much like religious faith, seems as if many people have The One True Stove (TM). It is possible to have different stove for different purposes...or just because. :...

In GEAR » Starting to doubt using my alcohol stove for cannister
March 25, 12:01pm

The Trail Show #10 - The Sierra High Route
Welcome to Spring! Today we bring you Episode #10 - Our Beer Show! On this month's episode we discuss Soul Train Night with P.O.D., Disco´s Pack Test, Mags´Recent Trip with Andrew Skurka, ...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #10 - The Sierra High Route
March 25, 8:10am

Down bags
Goes to show there is more than one way to skin a cat. I did the BMT as well during the last part of winter with a down sleeping bag. My AT hike was also at the tail end of winter. Rain, snow, ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thoughts on gear for long-distance hikers
March 23, 7:56pm

Sorry! Did not see it! :)
Sorry I missed it. I was out of work later Monday (boo! hiss!) and did not notice this post until now. I should try to make another meeting, though! OTOH, I did get to bake the traditional past...

In Fishing » Tenkara presentation in Boulder-March 18
March 20, 5:01pm

Pasta Fagiole
(This sounds more like car camping than backapacking given the numbers?) Quick, simple, yummy, filling and nutritious...macaroni and beans. Perfect for feeding the masses on the cheap. If it dr...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Need a good 1-pot meal for 25 people
March 17, 10:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.