Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 6760 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...676

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Frontier Pro Filter life span?@John S.
Thanks for posting some definitive data, John. It was exactly the question I needed to have answered. It also gives me a warm and fuzzy when it comes from a doc.

In GEAR » Frontier Pro Filter life span?
July 29, 8:46pm

Re: tone n' attitude@Dave, Nia, Nate, Stuart, et al
"Rog, if everyone felt this way, you would have been alone in this thread a LONG time ago. Nia, perhaps you have not yet mastered the Smugly-Self-Satisfied Insult (tm). Peruse some old post...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
July 29, 5:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
"But then how would you allocate the resource to folks such as primary producers? Need irrigation to feed the country, need tractors running diesel to feed the country, etc...? And having also...

July 27, 9:11pm

Re: Re: Consuming Trout on JMT
Ryan, Look for Thai Kitchens. I think they are available nationwide. The packages contain rice noodles and a set of seasoning packets that are added after the noodles are simmered for 3-4 minu...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Consuming Trout on JMT
July 27, 7:12pm

Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
"However I think a straight tax just disadvantages the already disadvantaged while not really adequately discouraging the rest. I think in terms of things like cigarette and alcohol taxes: The...

July 27, 7:03pm

Re: smug.
"Such a suggestion could only be made by a simple-minded simpleton (and likely part-time Warmist) who clearly posseses too much unknowledgeableness to even comment on this robustly intelligent...

July 27, 4:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another way for heavier folks to lighten their load
"As for all of you skinny guys, that will change over the course of your life." Ain't necessarily so. I got 25 years on ya, Kenny, and I'm still a scrawny lil' runt.

In GEAR » Lightweight & Durable Rain / Wind gear -- What's available in size "Fat" XXL
July 27, 4:32pm

Re: Consuming Trout on JMT
"Hi, if no fires are permitted in kings canyon/sequoia national park above 10,000ft how do you go about cooking trout caught on the trail" Poach them in broth-miso, chicken bouillion, ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Consuming Trout on JMT
July 27, 4:29pm

Re: kookiness.
"Back to fun n' insults with graphs!" Isn't it about time someone threw in a Smug Self Satisfied Insult(TM) just to stir the pot?

July 27, 1:14pm

Re: Why??
From your description of the route-exposure, angle, crappy rock quality-I find myself wondering why you are attempting this. It comes off as a really creative way to cop the Darwin Award, posthumo...

In GEAR » Grappling Hooks
July 27, 1:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm