Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 6517 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...652

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: "PCT method question-Smokies"
"You do not need to do the PCT meathod in the Smokies." That's why it's called the PCT method. ;)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT method question
May 21, 8:41pm

Re: Ohm / CDT hipbelt
"The Ohm & CDT have a new hipbelt design. See photos at ula-equipment.com" I just took a look at the photos, Casey, and it looks like you've addressed the hip belt issue very w...

In GEAR » The ULA Unique Selling Point (for me)
May 21, 8:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Illegal aliens @ Lynn
"So it's time to reduce the standard of the American dream, or we all go down the gurgler." What's that giant sucking sound I hear in the background? ;} +1 your whole pos...

In Chaff » Stop and Identify Laws
May 20, 8:37pm

Re: New Mchale
"As far as weight, I will get on it soon" Thanks, Dave.

In GEAR » New Mchale
May 20, 6:56pm

Re: New Mchale
"As far as cost.......it was........" That's OK, David. What I want to know is how much does it weigh? And what is the volume?

In GEAR » New Mchale
May 20, 6:13pm

Re: Re: PCT method question
"For easier removal, it's best to use something smooth like extra stake, dowel, chop stick, skewer" I've found that it helps to throw a couple of extra loops of line around the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT method question
May 20, 5:32pm

Re: police state
+1 to yopur entire post! "especially quit the unexcusable acts of propping up dictators and madmen." +100 This is part of what led to 9/11, but we don't seem to have learne...

May 19, 9:09pm

Re: Help On A Long Decision
"I would rather jump in headfirst and go for it." I would just heed that impulse, Ken, if I were you. Hiking solo is a very different experience from group outings in that it will all...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Help On A Long Decision
May 19, 7:24pm

Re: Re: California already has the same type law!
"I think you fail to take into consideration that Mexicans are proud of being Mexicans, have families and homes, and most will simply never want to leave." On the contrary, my friend. ...

May 19, 6:15pm

Re: Sleeping bag
" If you like a hood, probably go with FF or WM." +1 I've owned both and they're great bags. I ended up staying with WM because they tend to be lighter for the same field per...

In GEAR » Mont-bell or Western Mountaineering??
May 19, 5:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm