Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 6584 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...659

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: doesn't hurt to *bring* tablets
"Tom, that's a nifty little straw. I wonder if it could be rigged to screw onto a bottle, or be used somehow as a gravity filter in camp...... Any ideas?" Travis, Your dream has...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia
June 10, 6:33pm

Re: Mount Whitney area dayhike?
"Anyone recommend a nice day hike around the area? She's in amazing shape so a little difficulty would be nice. thanks!" Drive north to Independence then head west to Foothill Ro...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Mount Whitney area dayhike?
June 10, 6:24pm

Re: Namche width
"This may be a silly question for these, but do these come in a wide? I wear 10 wide." Jesse, As far as I know, they only come in one width. If you are interested, you might co...

In Gear Swap » FS - Montrail Namches
June 10, 6:14pm

Re: original post?
Thanks for the heads up, David. Original post has been modified. Hope that clears things up. Tom

June 09, 9:22pm

Re: 24h
Robert, I hope you're right. They're just sitting around gathering dust.

June 09, 9:07pm

Re: doesn't hurt to *bring* tablets
"If I'm thirsty and don't want to wait a long time before drinking, I'll go ahead and drink without treatment" Benjamin, For about an ounce you can set your mind at ease...

June 09, 9:04pm

Re: Re: re Adjustable declination
"One easy thing to do is to draw in on your map (use the small arrow if it's there) a few grid lines aligned with magnetic North and use those grid lines to orient the map to magnetic nort...

In Editor's Roundtable » Brunton 7DNL Compass Review
June 09, 6:08pm

Re: FS - Montrail Namches back on the market
2 pairs brand new, still in their original boxes. Color: Celery Size: 10 Price: $30/pair + $6 shipping anywhere in the US except Alaska or Hawaii, or $68 shipped for both pairs.

June 08, 9:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trekking Pole Science
"PS-Trekking poles rock ;-)" So do you, Doug. Freakin' hi-laree-us. And your timing is impeccable. :))

In GEAR » Trekking Pole Science
June 08, 9:10pm

Re: Thanks!
"Well 1 month later I still have the same symptoms but they now come and go. My friend that got Giardia said that I must have it too because he had the exact same symptoms. He said his went on...

June 08, 9:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm