Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 7913 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...792

Forum » Thread

Re: Anyone tried these .4L vapur bottles for fuel storage?
They seem expensive. Check http://www.disposableflasks.com/products.php at $2.99 each. Eddie Bauer was selling the Vapur bottles for $1 or something like that when you spent $25. They sell them now...

In GEAR » Anyone tried these .4L vapur bottles for fuel storage?
September 20, 12:21pm

Re: Do You Actually Use Your Gear ? ?
Went for a 10-miler in the RAIN yesterday. Believe me, I want to use my gear more! More day hikes this year. SUL for short trips? Sure thing-- you can go farther, or at my age, make it at all :)...

In Philosophy & Technique » Do You Actually Use Your Gear ? ?
September 19, 11:20pm

SOLD: DIY Misch Metal Firesteels
SOLD: There was a thread on firesteels and I remembered these DIY rigs languishing in my gear locker. Made with micsh metal rods that give off burning globs of metal, glued into wooden pen tops wit...

In Gear Swap » DIY Misch Metal Firesteels
September 19, 11:10pm

Re: Re: Re: ferro rods
"OK. I had a suspicion. I received a Mg bar/rod as a gift. Compared to my Light my fire, it's really hard to create a spark." Try a different scraper, like a section of hacksaw bla...

In GEAR » ferro rods
September 19, 11:00pm

Re: ferro rods
"Misch metal" is interesting stuff-- it gives of flaming gobs vs sparks. I made a couple fire steels using misch metal blanks and the top barrel off a wood bodied ballpoint pen with JB We...

In GEAR » ferro rods
September 19, 10:53pm

Re: to Dale
ROTFLMAO!!!! ANDY!!!!! There's a BEAR!!!! These, "I'm going to pack this to protect myself from bears" threads come up in outdoor forums all over. My conclusion is that if...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » .380 on a ultralight backpacking/camping trip?
September 19, 9:49pm

Re: .380 on a ultralight backpacking/camping trip?
It is the age old frontier standoff! Who will win?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » .380 on a ultralight backpacking/camping trip?
September 19, 8:28pm

Re: Are there any UL or LW packs suitable for scrub?
I wonder if this is a case where a pack cover would be effective. You could have a sacrificial cover of something cheap to be replaced more often, or something really bulletproof (and heavier) that...

In GEAR » Are there any UL or LW packs suitable for scrub?
September 19, 7:48pm

SOLD: Steripen Traveler Opti Mini UV Purifier
SOLD: Steripen Traveler Opti Mini UV water purifier. This was a test market model and has the Opti-style light sensor with the Traveler Mini lamp and body. The light sensor eliminates the issues wi...

In Gear Swap » FS: Steripen Traveler Opti Mini UV Purifier
September 19, 12:36pm

Re: Warbonnet Yeti
Sunny quipped, "Dale... I did not know you were a hanger... I thought you were a ground dweller :)" I am a recent convert to the fine art of levitated camping, with a Hennessy and a Wa...

In Gear Swap » Warbonnet Yeti Underquilt $150
September 17, 9:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.