Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 8028 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...803

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: A group of stranded hikers are rescued by the Ventura County Sheriff's Upper Ojai Search and Rescue
Eric wrote, "id like to think i would have made different decisions ... and i believe i would have ... but i believe it would be quite possible for myself and quite a few other people to have ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A group of stranded hikers are rescued by the Ventura County Sheriff's Upper Ojai Search and Rescue
October 22, 1:00pm

Re: Re: A group of stranded hikers are rescued by the Ventura County Sheriff's Upper Ojai Search and Rescue
"Fire is entertainment" I see your point--- if you are warm and dry and your shelter is holding up, there is no crisis-- if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But if you are cold an...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A group of stranded hikers are rescued by the Ventura County Sheriff's Upper Ojai Search and Rescue
October 22, 11:52am

Re: thanks
The speed and weight were my rationale for buying it. It is close to a Steripen for weight and free of the battery issues, but still prone to mechanical issues like the bag breaking or the filter c...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter
October 22, 9:47am

Re: Re: Re: framed pack
That is close to what I had in mind. Of course there is nothing new about pack boards, but using SUL principles, with straps and padding aimed at lither loads, the weight would come down fast. I...

In GEAR » what do you want to see from AEG
October 22, 9:39am

Re: Re: A group of stranded hikers are rescued by the Ventura County Sheriff's Upper Ojai Search and Rescue
I like reading these accounts a lot. The video tells volumes. In this case, I would have moved camp out of the flood area and used branches and other natural materials to reinforce my shelter an...

October 22, 9:08am

Re: framed pack
I've wondered about a SUL pack "board", made of laminated carbon fiber or Kevlar with multiple slots for torso adjustment and others to attach Cuben bags. That would allow using diffe...

In GEAR » what do you want to see from AEG
October 22, 8:31am

Re: Platys
I was wrong! I had hand tightened a Platypus Hoser to the Sawyer and it felt like it was sealing, but after comparing the threads of the Hoser with the Sawyer bag, I did a real-world test and it le...

October 22, 7:38am

Re: Kevin
I apologize too. I'm sorry to unload like that to you and the rest of the crew here. Best of luck with your pack.

In GEAR » Golite Jam Pad Support
October 21, 11:49pm

Re: Hammock/tent
"had he decided to swat the hammock i would have fallen out like pinyata candy" And it wouldn't have been "unscented" any more! Somewhere I read a post from a woman w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Black bear encounters
October 21, 7:27pm

Re: Sawyer/Frontier Pro
Good question. Did the rep mention new filters with smaller pores?

October 21, 7:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.