Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 8193 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...820

Forum » Thread

Re: debunking the no-layers myth
"She said the secret to being warmer at night has nothing to do with clothing, but it has to do with taking a quick bandanna bath to get all that ice cream salt off!" Sounds like goo...

In Philosophy & Technique » debunking the no-layers myth
November 14, 4:18pm

Re: Re: Lowe Alpine Stealth Fleece Jacket $28.75
You need to be registered and get their "Gear Deal" flyer/coupons. They sold out.

In Gear Deals » Lowe Alpine Stealth Fleece Jacket $28.75
November 14, 6:05am

Lowe Alpine Stealth Fleece Jacket $28.75
At Sierra Trading post if you have the "Deal Flyer" thing. This is a gridded fleece on the order of a R-1 hoodie mid-layer. It will probably have a European style zipper. L & Xl sizes...

In Gear Deals » Lowe Alpine Stealth Fleece Jacket $28.75
November 13, 3:24pm

Re: it's based on something
People used to think the Earth was flat too. After many years in automobile repair and computer/electronics sales and support, my take is that much of the public is somewhere around the 12th Centur...

In Philosophy & Technique » debunking the no-layers myth
November 13, 2:49pm

Re: Re: NeverWet superhydrophobic spray on coating
Good questions Roger. As far as abrasion goes, pack straps are an area of concern too. I would see more application on the manufacturing level than for consumers. From the closeups in the video...

In GEAR » NeverWet superhydrophobic spray on coating
November 13, 2:39pm

Re: a Scot's knob
There are those terms that don't "translate" well: I have had the term "wind breaker" bring Brits to tears with laughter. "Fanny pack" is another eyebrow raiser fo...

In GEAR » News flash; Wood burns
November 13, 2:31pm

Re: Brunton 8040G compass
Check out the Brunton 16DLU, which has a declination scale. Do get one with a clear base so you can read through it. I know the 8040G is tinted, which is a step in the right direction (no pun inten...

In GEAR » Brunton 8040G compass
November 13, 2:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Deals on DriDucks rain gear
I suspect they are stacking orders and sending them all out at one time. This may be a small home-based operation. It is entirely possible that they don't have any inventory and pick it up from...

In Gear Deals » Deals on DriDucks rain gear
November 13, 1:50pm

Re: NeverWet superhydrophobic spray on coating
Interesting stuff. If it isn't breathable, it would still be great on packs and shelters. The anti-icing properties could have all kinds of applications for snow sports. I wonder how it would d...

In GEAR » NeverWet superhydrophobic spray on coating
November 13, 11:30am

Re: Deals on DriDucks rain gear
I received the poncho from www.thegearlessmachine.com today, two weeks on the nose, so they came through, but slowly. I don't fault the time in transit, but waiting a week to get it in the mail...

In Gear Deals » Deals on DriDucks rain gear
November 12, 10:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.