Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 7819 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...782

Forum » Thread

Re: Ridge Rest Pad - How Do You Carry It?
In frameless pack, rolled as a tube inside with the gear inside it to help firm it up. Helps to keep things from poking your back too. I would prefer the short version. On a framed pack, rolled as ...

In GEAR » Ridge Rest Pad - How Do You Carry It?
August 31, 4:12pm

Re: Re: Solo Wilderness Security
Rog wrote, "....Holy cr*p! 3 grand for a popgun. I can fill myself out with nice nosh and do several months backpacking for that." Or hire a bodyguard-- one that is a little slower ...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
August 31, 3:49pm

Re: J Band
I see, club soda on one side and Scotch whiskey on the other :)

In GEAR » Carrying water on shoulder straps
August 31, 3:46pm

Re: mids
I have a couple pairs of mids and I like them for rougher trails and muddy, mostly winter stuff. I never have understood the addition of wimpy strips of leather on an otherwise synthetic shoe. W...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Mid-Height Trail Shoes State of the Market Report 2011
August 31, 12:55pm

Re: Solo Wilderness Security
All the the options are too heavy for the utility provided, just like a super thick sleeping pad, a chair, big double-walled tent, big cameras, etc--- all of which would actually get used every tim...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
August 31, 10:56am

Re: Re: Re: Modified Sea-to-Summit front bag
No, I sold the pack and didn't need the option. It works, but you need to live with the compromise of the bulk and blocked airflow. It struck me as being about the same as having an old school ...

In GEAR » Carrying water on shoulder straps
August 31, 8:30am

Re: Where Should Dog Sleep?
I like day hiking with my Aussie, but I get big visions of him taking after something in the middle of the night and my shelter with him. He once took out a window screen at 3AM and chased our poor...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where Should Dog Sleep?
August 29, 4:01pm

Re: Bloody experience
Mr. Barber wrote, "I think it's better to recognize that you're tiring, and stop before you have an accident." Amen. And know what you are doing in the first place. Working wit...

In GEAR » Machetes for bushwacking.
August 29, 3:55pm

Re: Where do you draw the line and how do you get your point across?
That's politics, plain and simple. Rarely rational and subject to superstition, faulty logic, knee jerk reactions, raging emotions, sacred cows, misinformation, outright greed and all the rest....

In Chaff » Where do you draw the line and how do you get your point across?
August 29, 11:25am

Re: LNT ethics
I'm in the middle of "1491" right now. Fascinating read. Regardless, there are MANY more people on the planet now, however inaccurate our estimation of Western Hemisphere populati...

In GEAR » Machetes for bushwacking.
August 28, 8:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.