BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 7434 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...744

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Ultralight backpack recommendations
Any reduction in weight is good, but if you want to get it *light* you need to scrutinize every little thing. The Big Agnes Fly Creek is good for a full double-wall tent. My only misgiving is t...

In GEAR » Ultralight backpack recommendations
April 24, 2:38pm

Re: tripod
No free lunch. It really comes down to how much the photos mean to you. Hanging a $1000 camera on a $100 tripod doesn't add up, unless it does the job. Neither does hauling all that stuff to a ...

In Photography » Tripod for full size dslr and big lens
April 24, 2:07pm

Re: Deodorant
My contribution to going wild: no deodorant and no shaving. If people are going about with a single edge razor blade in lieu of a knife, how do you justify deodorant? +1 on attracting critters. ...

In GEAR » toiletries... what do you take?
April 24, 1:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Both
+1 on both. No way I would leave it on the ground--- you just packaged it for transport otherwise! Keeping your bear bag odor free is a challenge and an OP sack on the ground is available for inspe...

In GEAR » OPSAK vs. food hanging
April 24, 12:59pm

Re: Where to Buy Trail Runners
http://www.inov-8.com/Find-Retailers-a.asp?C=27&L=27&RegionID=R327&P= Scarborough Orienteering 3015 Holyrood Drive Oakland California 94611 Tel: 510-530-3059 www.orienteer....

In GEAR » Where to Buy Trail Runners
April 24, 12:19pm

Re: Love this idea
A water resistant bivy bag with some sort of bug screen option is the typical combo for a poncho shelter. Ponchos are just a little weak in coverage--- you can get a lean-to or a long skinny A-fram...

In GEAR » Bug Bivy - Poncho Tarp
April 24, 12:16pm

Re: Ultralight backpack recommendations
I would start by posting a list of all your items and weights in the gear list forum and work your base weight down. Do include the region and temperature range you expect. Also, are items like tre...

In GEAR » Ultralight backpack recommendations
April 24, 11:54am

Re: Re: Opinel - Ideal backing knife
Opinel is making stainless models too. Any carbon steel blade should be oiled before storage. I don't like Opinels in general. They are weak in construction, and the wood can swell if wet, m...

In GEAR » light lockblade knives
April 23, 10:46am

Re: Pack weight transfer question
Use a pack with a true weight-transferring frame. From what I read, the Flash 65 has aluminum stays and a frame sheet, so it should do the trick if it fits you properly. A good fit will do as much ...

In GEAR » Pack weight transfer question
April 23, 10:38am

Re: light lockblade knives
I've been using a Spyderco Bryd Flight model as a work knife and I'm very pleased with it. That particular model is on the heavy side for hiking (4oz), but the fit and finish are excellent ...

In GEAR » light lockblade knives
April 23, 10:10am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.