BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 7475 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...748

Forum » Thread

TNF Gore-Tex Gloves, Women's Medium, Black **SOLD**
**SOLD** I am selling a pair of The North Face Gore-Tex gloves. I do not know the exact name, but my guess is they are the original Dilithium model. They have a nylon shell with a micro-fleece l...

In Gear Swap » TNF Gore-Tex Gloves, Women's Medium, Black
May 07, 7:11pm

Bic thumb friendly mini piezoelectric lighter
I found this Bic "thumb friendly" mini piezoelectric lighter in a local drugstore. 0.55oz/15.5g. The spring is fairly strong, so it takes some effort to hold the lever down for a long per...

In GEAR » Bic thumb friendly mini piezoelectric lighter
May 07, 5:55pm

Re: Summer Gear list for the PNW
This list I am trying to use in both the summer and parts of spring and fall in the PNW. Trips will be anywhere from overnight in length to 5 days or so. Shelter: Ground Cloth 5oz -----...

In Gear Lists » Summer Gear list for the PNW
May 07, 4:39pm

Re: Help with Female Leader Uniform
eBay has skorts in size 8 & 10. Maybe searching on skort rather than skirt? eBay has blouses too. Can you sing "Say My Name"? :)

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Help with Female Leader Uniform
May 07, 8:17am

Re: coffee filter vs fuel filter
See the thread below for a seal-a-meal coffee filter holder/pre-filter: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/44546

In Make Your Own Gear » Simple Water Scoop and Pre-Filter
May 06, 10:00pm

Re: Re: Frogg Toggs 2.8oz Emergency Poncho
It's small-- very thin stuff. It rolls up to the size of a soda can with no effort. Of course it is smaller in factory packaging. It is a great candidate for a small hydration pack. I will post...

In GEAR » Frogg Toggs 2.8oz Emergency Poncho
May 06, 9:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Afternoon walk on FS Road #26, Suiattle River Road
I thought the road would make a great mountain bike trip and you're right, it would go by quickly. Depends on the handsaw. They took down a lot of timber with "misery whip" 2-man ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Afternoon walk on FS Road #26, Suiattle River Road
May 05, 6:05pm

Re: emergency vs. standard dimensions
I am going to add material to the back, to give the extra length to cover the pack and my legs. The poncho is only 44" wide, so it may be weak on side coverage with the pack covered. We'll...

In Make Your Own Gear » Best glue for Dri Ducks material?
May 05, 5:43pm

Re: Frogg Toggs 2.8oz Emergency Poncho
Exactly-- it is a thinner version of the rain suit material--- non-woven polypropylene. . It is pressed smooth on the outside with a waffle finish on the inside. A 1" hem is sewn all around...

In GEAR » Frogg Toggs 2.8oz Emergency Poncho
May 04, 10:19pm

Re: WTB Dana Design/Marmot Wet Rib/Rib
There are a couple on eBay too.

In Gear Swap » WTB Dana Design/Marmot Wet Rib/Rib
May 04, 9:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.