Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 7878 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...788

Forum » Thread

Re: What do you use to light your alcohol stove/fire?
I use a Mini Bic for general purpose fire starting with a mini Firesteel as emergency backup.

In GEAR » What do you use to light your alcohol stove/fire?
September 12, 12:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Needed: High R-Value Inflatable Bottom Insulation for Hammocks
Hi Bill! I did the same, designing a hoodless silnylon poncho as an undercover and tried it with a POE insulated air mattress, which is too narrow and too heavy, but it was a successful experime...

In Hammocks » Needed: High R-Value Inflatable Bottom Insulation for Hammocks
September 11, 11:56am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Needed: High R-Value Inflatable Bottom Insulation for Hammocks
Thanks for replying, Tim. An inflated underquilt would need to be rather slack and very much a differential/shaped cut. My though it is that it should be synthetic fill like current air pads and...

September 11, 11:14am

Re: hammock insulation
Underquilts strike me as the most cobbled together equipment I have ever seen. The Achilles heel of hammocks is bottom insulation and I think it can be done better. Having partial insulation leavin...

September 10, 11:28pm

Re: Re: Needed: High R-Value Inflatable Bottom Insulation for Hammocks
An underquilt should be easy. Any contacts for Tim Marshall?

September 10, 9:29pm

Needed: High R-Value Inflatable Bottom Insulation for Hammocks
I would love to see an inflatable high R-value bottom insulation system for hammocks. It seems that it would be easy to make, as the fabrics could be extremely light-- they only need to support the...

September 10, 6:17pm

Re: Re: It's scientifically proven!
"Hammocks don't always rock and most of them don't sleep flat." Okay, my Hennessy won't rock much if I use the side tie-outs, but all the hammock development I have researc...

In Hammocks » It's scientifically proven!
September 10, 6:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Best/lightest propane cannister stove?
Are you guys all on drugs? The guy wants a recommendation for a canister stove. Ok, fine he said propane, so a gentle correction to butane or isobutane might be in order, but geez, if you can't...

In GEAR » Best/lightest propane cannister stove?
September 10, 5:33pm

WTB: MSR Dragonfly pump and fuel bottle
I'm looking for an MSR Dragonfly pump and fuel bottle. PayPal or trade for something on your wish list?

In Gear Swap » WTB: MSR Dragonfly pump and fuel bottle
September 10, 12:50pm

Jansport Katahdin packs?
Has anyone tried one of the Jansport Katahdin series packs? I got a look at the 20 and 40 liter packs and they look like a good buy, particularly the 40 liter model. It has straps big enough for a ...

In GEAR » Jansport Katahdin packs?
September 10, 12:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.