BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 7451 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...746

Forum » Thread

Re: Dealing with an all-day spring deluge
I would go with a good quality rain shell with pit zips and venting pockets coupled with an appropriate weight base layer-- Cap1 or Cap2. If it is too cold for that, it is snowing. I could tolerate...

In Philosophy & Technique » Dealing with an all-day spring deluge
April 30, 9:05am

Re: Re: Day hike in the Cascade foothills
And WET! :)

In Post-Trip Reports » Day hike in the Cascade foothills
April 29, 9:32pm

Re: Which Umbrella?
I have one of the original Golite umbrellas. It is 9.2oz/260g. The concept is just like any other UL gear-- maximum performance at minimum weight. The Golite I have follows the recommendations ...

In GEAR » Which Umbrella?
April 29, 6:23pm

FS: Chrome Messenger Backpack **SOLD**
**SOLD and shipped!** Not ultralight, but I thought I would offer this to the crowd here before taking other avenues. Great urban/bike backpack. Chrome messenger style backpack, black ny...

In Gear Swap » FS: Chrome Messenger Backpack
April 28, 8:46pm

Re: Beautiful
I don't recall seeing that in this area. I did take this photo a couple weeks ago on the Snoqualmie Middle Fork trail a couple weeks ago:

April 28, 6:36am

Day hike in the Cascade foothills
I thought I would risk a day hike today, in spite of the rain forecast and went to Wallace Falls State Park, about 40 miles from Seattle off Hiway 2 and the little town of Gold Bar. I pulled it off...

April 27, 10:31pm

Re: Houdini for summer (CO) rain?
The Houdini is a great windshirt and will repel light rain for a short time, but it's not a rain jacket. Just add a Driducks jacket if you want light and cheap.

In GEAR » Houdini for summer (CO) rain?
April 27, 12:40am

Re: Plastic spork vs Ti spork ?
I'm liking my new REI folding Ti spork, which fits in my Evernew 400ml Ti mug with a Ti Esbit wing stove and aluminum foil windscreen and lid, for a 3.5oz/95g kitchen. The spork is 0.53oz/1...

In GEAR » Plastic spork vs Ti spork ?
April 26, 11:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Leafy greens on the trail
I just got this book and I'm having a great time reading it: "Northwest Foraging: The Classic Guide to Edible Plants of the Pacific Northwest." Another that is interesting, helpful...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Leafy greens on the trail
April 26, 4:39pm

Re: Osprey Hornet
I got a look at a Hornet at REI and it has a lot of the right stuff, but the sizing scheme is going to kill it. I wear a long torso pack and the M/L is a medium, IMHO. The Delrin stays are too flex...

In GEAR » pack recommendations
April 26, 4:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.