BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 7539 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...754

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: hiking staff / bear deterrent
I keep hearing this voice in my head.... any idea what Darwin sounded like?

In Multiple Use Gear » hiking staff / bear deterrent
May 23, 9:00pm

Re: Re: The Rapture
My wife went to mass Sunday. The priest opened his homily with "Well, we're all still here, aren't we?" He got a good chuckle from the congregation. You should live every day ...

In Chaff » The Rapture
May 23, 6:54pm

Re: Floorless Shelters and Creepie Crawlies
One of the GoLite Shangri-La tipis with an inner nest would do the trick. I'll bet the kids would get a kick out of that kind of tent. Somebody has a 4-person for sale on Gear Swap: http://w...

In GEAR » Floorless Shelters and Creepie Crawlies
May 23, 6:45pm

Re: My backpacking gear list - 16 year old AT section hiker
I'm going for constructive, not negative :) The tent is an anchor. Consider a Gatewood Cape and polycro ground sheet for a 3+ pound reduction (shelter and rain gear). You can cut about a pound ...

In Gear Lists » My backpacking gear list - 16 year old AT section hiker
May 23, 11:47am

Re: New Rucksack design! Just finished!
I like the flatter design much better than the narrow, high-riding lower capacity packs. I would want water bottle pockets on the side and a bungee cord option on the front.

In Make Your Own Gear » New Rucksack design! Just finished!
May 23, 8:15am

Re: New to backpacking and need help on tent
Any 2 person tarp or tent should have enough room for the dog and your gear. With this being the center of the Ultralight Universe, we don't talk about 6 pounds tents much :) So let's g...

In GEAR » New to backpacking and need help on tent
May 23, 6:47am

Re: Re: Re: hiking staff / bear deterrent
You seem to have a grasp of the basic concept :)

May 22, 11:45pm

Re: hiking staff / bear deterrent
The best strategy is to hike with someone slower than you are. They don't need to be a lot slower--- just a little bit slower will work :)

May 22, 10:07pm

Re: hiking staff / bear deterrent
Yeahhhh, Some law enforcement personnel may look upon that as a deadly weapon and give you a free pair of steel bracelets and a vacation in the local county jail. If you want a staff that is...

May 22, 5:28pm

Re: Tyvek Tent
Nice geometry exercise! I would consider cowled vents, like the ones used on the GoLite Shangri-La 1 and 2 models. It's going to get soupy in there, and maybe not even enough air for you to bre...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG: tyvek ground cover / bivy combo
May 22, 5:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.