BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 7169 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...717

Forum » Thread

PIF: Women's Lands End Thermolite Insulated Jacket, Large, Blue
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBump

In Gear Swap » PIF: Women's Lands End Thermolite Insulated Jacket, Large, Blue
February 12, 9:04pm

Re: Fancee Feast
The Fancee Feast is pretty simple, provided you have the screen. Something to work on.

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Cat stoves
February 12, 2:01pm

Re: 500ml?
I aimed at 500ml/2cups, which is useful for most of my cooking. 1 cup is much easier. Wider pots are much better. The SnowPeak bowl is 5-1/4" diameter at the top, where the 700 is 4". ...

February 12, 9:13am

Re: gluing polyethylene/ polyolefins
Gluing the fabric may be different-- the stresses are much different and there may be surface treatments that make a difference too. A fabric seam has a lot of surface area relative to the weight, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » blue tarps
February 12, 8:49am

Super Cat stoves
I spent the evening cleaning 3oz cat food cans and punching holes. I followed the directions found at ttp://jwbasecamp.com/Articles/SuperCat/index.html. I had to use about 50ml fuel (near overflowi...

February 12, 2:07am

Re: blue tarps
The woven poly tarps I bought have a thin line in the edge bindings. I wonder if the woven strands are bonded with heat or some sort of coating or chemical process? I'm thinking heat, as the st...

In Make Your Own Gear » blue tarps
February 12, 1:48am

Re: Re: Bivy and Tarp
Sounds like a little Tyvek would clean things up. Even a few square feet for a "landing pad would help. I wrap my tent stakes in a square of Tyvek that I have used to kneel on-- a doormat for ...

In GEAR » need tips on using a bivy and tarp
February 11, 9:13pm

Re: Re: headlamp strap
If the housing is the issue, tape it off or paint it so it doesn't pipe light into your glasses. My Petzl Remix has diagonal cuts in the strap mounts, so you can remove the strap and it will go...

In GEAR » Mount Tikka XP2 on Sternum Strap?
February 11, 12:35pm

Re: No love for Eco gear? PNW toll
The Olympic Peninsula died for your wood houses. Vantage, WA. It is hear too. I want my salmon back

In GEAR » No love for Eco gear?
February 11, 8:39am

Sherpa Adventure Gear Lobutse Soft Shell Jacket Men's Large **SOLD**
**SOLD** Sherpa Adventure Gear Lobutse soft shell jacket, men's large, gray and black. In very good condition showing minor wear. Clean and free of rips/tears/stains. Trim fit: 20" ac...

In Gear Swap » Sherpa Adventure Gear Lobutse Soft Shell Jacket Men's Large
February 11, 12:45am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.