BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 7174 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...718

Forum » Thread

Pure Easy Camper's Micro-Ceramic Water Filter?
I ran across this filter and wondered of anyone has experience with them. Advertised weight is 3oz for a pump-style filter that filters to 0.1 micron. Sounds great if you can keep it from plugg...

In GEAR » Pure Easy Camper's Micro-Ceramic Water Filter?
February 13, 11:43pm

Re: Rainwear for dangerous rain…
If you are on a budget, get a Driducks jacket. Cabelas is selling the emergency poncho version for $5 http://www.cabelas.com/mens-rainwear-jackets-parkas-frogg-toggs-driducks-emergency-poncho.sh...

In GEAR » Rainwear for dangerous rain…
February 13, 4:37pm

New Daiso loot
I went to a local mall, which I rarely do, and found another Daiso store [[[[[[shudder]]]]]]... I got one of the teapots, which is 2.8oz and holds 500ml. It looks like a good match for the Supe...

In Gear Deals » Daiso stores
February 13, 4:17pm

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: REI Shoft Shell Pants, Mens XL (40x32) Black
February 13, 10:38am

Re: How do you actually hike/ spend your time hiking?
One of the reasons I like to hike solo is pacing. I don't feel obligated to wait or have others wait for me. With a big set of switchbacks, I can take a few turns and stop to catch my breath wh...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you actually hike/ spend your time hiking?
February 13, 9:14am

PIF: Women's Lands End Thermolite Insulated Jacket, Large, Blue
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBump

In Gear Swap » PIF: Women's Lands End Thermolite Insulated Jacket, Large, Blue
February 12, 9:04pm

Re: Fancee Feast
The Fancee Feast is pretty simple, provided you have the screen. Something to work on.

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Cat stoves
February 12, 2:01pm

Re: 500ml?
I aimed at 500ml/2cups, which is useful for most of my cooking. 1 cup is much easier. Wider pots are much better. The SnowPeak bowl is 5-1/4" diameter at the top, where the 700 is 4". ...

February 12, 9:13am

Re: gluing polyethylene/ polyolefins
Gluing the fabric may be different-- the stresses are much different and there may be surface treatments that make a difference too. A fabric seam has a lot of surface area relative to the weight, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » blue tarps
February 12, 8:49am

Super Cat stoves
I spent the evening cleaning 3oz cat food cans and punching holes. I followed the directions found at ttp://jwbasecamp.com/Articles/SuperCat/index.html. I had to use about 50ml fuel (near overflowi...

February 12, 2:07am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.