BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 7382 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...739

Forum » Thread

Re: AMK Emergency Bivy
Might be okay as a vapor barrier, but sweaty in other than sub-freezing temps. I think having long johns or extra layers R1 or Power Stretch are better for extending the range of a sleeping system ...

In GEAR » AMK Emergency Bivy
April 04, 12:24pm

Re: Personal hygiene items
I thought a comb was representative of a generic hair care item. My family has thick hair and we wake up with some wild hairdos that we call "happy hair." Anyone with long hair needs to g...

In Gear Lists » Ultralight generic gear list
April 04, 12:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Mr. Clelland indeed!
Nope, a small fridge with snowballs.

April 03, 9:59pm

Re: Re: Best mug for morning coffee?
That reminds me-- I forgot the IMUSA mugs-- cheap-n-light!

In GEAR » Best mug for morning coffee?
April 03, 9:52pm

Re: Precip felt Clammy
DWR does wear out and the systems needs it to work. The best of breathable fabrics still need ventilation to keep up with your perspiration when you are working hard. Your physical condition is goi...

In GEAR » Precip felt Clammy
April 03, 9:50pm

Beanies: Smartwool and Patagonia
Three beanies for sale, $10.00 each, including shipping to US addresses and PayPal fees (or $17.50 for the remaining two). In excellent condition and all have been laundered. Left to right: ...

In Gear Swap » Beanies: Smartwool and Patagonia
April 03, 9:32pm

Re: Mr. Clelland indeed!
Sorry, I meant Dr. Clelland :) I wanted a generic UL kit, not a UberSpartan torture set! Trekking poles -------- my knees and my shelter like them and they have become a very standard UL...

April 03, 9:01pm

Re: Having trouble, Help!
If the flash is on auto and the room light is fairly high, it won't give enough flash (if any) to freeze the motion. If you can force the flash to fire all the time, do that. Get as close as yo...

In Photography » Having trouble, Help!
April 03, 8:24pm

Re: Best mug for morning coffee?
Cups and mugs in general.... GSI Cascadian plastic mug 2.5oz (simple, very cheap) GSI Infinity insulated mug with lid 3oz (keeps coffee warm, big capacity, good bowl, bulky) REI/Alladin i...

In GEAR » Best mug for morning coffee?
April 03, 8:01pm

Ultralight generic gear list
If someone asked you what is needed for a typical backpacking kit, what would you include? This is my summer-ish list for North America, below tree line. I'm surprised how little it actua...

April 03, 7:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.