Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 4591 - 4600 of 7598 | Page: 1 ...451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ...760

Forum » Thread

Re: Can I trust my new WM flash jacket and pants with a Rainshield rain suit?
If you are just wearing the down gear around camp, it shouldn't be a big deal. I wouldn't go bushwhacking in them. I would only be wearing them in combination with rain gear in really cold ...

In GEAR » Can I trust my new WM flash jacket and pants with a Rainshield rain suit?
June 16, 11:20pm

Light My Fire Mini Firesteels $5 with shipping
Found 'em on eBay. I don't know the seller (feedback is 100%). I have a couple on the way--- I can use them for zipper pulls at that price :) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...

In Gear Deals » Light My Fire Mini Firesteels $5 with shipping
June 16, 11:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Hiking Through Hyperbole: A Walk in the Clouds
Great series of articles. Welcome to the wet corner of the continent! This Spring has been exceptionally wet and cold. Your experiences on the PCT match much of my lifetime spent on the wet side...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking Through Hyperbole: A Walk in the Clouds
June 16, 5:23pm

Re: Safest (least toxic) fuel source for California alcohol stove
From everything I read, the "green" denatured alcohol is good 'nuf. I see skin contact as the thing to avoid and that isn't difficult. As far as fumes while cooking, I never cook ...

In GEAR » Safest (least toxic) fuel source for California alcohol stove
June 15, 9:44pm

Re: I love those beans but...
My lightest cook kit: Evenew 400ml Ti cup with fixed handle: 1.9oz Ti Esbit wing stove 0.4oz (lighter than stakes, heavier than found rocks) Foil for lid and windscreen 0.5oz Might as well ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » lightweight coffee
June 15, 8:43pm

Re: lightweight coffee
For my lightest stove setup I use a titanium Esbit wing stove, a 400ml ti mug with a foil lid, and a MYOG windscreen from aluminum flashing. I use Starbucks Via for coffee with it. The rig allows m...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » lightweight coffee
June 15, 7:07am

Re: Re: Re: Suiattle River road lawsuit
The whole road closure thing would have been interesting for a "before and after" study of wildlife in the area. Some graduate student could have done some nice work. Of course no one tho...

In Post-Trip Reports » Afternoon walk on FS Road #26, Suiattle River Road
June 12, 8:48pm

Re: Suiattle River road lawsuit
The North Cascades Conservation Council sued to stop repairs on the road because they hold that the Forest Service stepped outside the law and didn't do the proper environmental impact workup. ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Afternoon walk on FS Road #26, Suiattle River Road
June 12, 6:58pm

Re: hiking and insurance
Hiking should be considered healthy with all the exercise, fresh air, stress reduction ---- all that life-threatening stuff :) I've always considered driving to and from the trailhead to be th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » hiking and insurance
June 12, 9:56am

Re: Come on, give me some more activities to be obsessed about, my GF will love it!
Sea kayaking is a Venus Fly Trap in my neck of the woods--- we're surrounded by big lakes and a zillion miles of saltwater coastlines. Beware :)

In Other Activities » Come on, give me some more activities to be obsession about, my GF will love it!
June 12, 9:51am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.