BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4581 - 4590 of 5379 | Page: 1 ...450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 ...538

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: not a bad thing
Mike, Yes and no. It would be good to see more people leading active lives, and reducing the crisis we have in the U.S. with obesity and associated problems related to inactivity. But to be ...

In On the Web » Everest anyone ?
April 09, 1:00am

Re: Summer/3 Season-ish Gear List V.2
Justin, Actually a nice gear list!! A GG Murmur weighs 6.8 oz in without some of the extras and is same capacity as your ArcTeryx. - Savings = almost 11 oz. I don't like the Z-Lite pa...

In Gear Lists » Summer/3 Season-ish Gear List V.2
April 08, 11:42pm

Re: Re: Re: 3-season GEAR LIST (assistance)
"Way to use the fine toothed comb Nick. I would be interested in you tearing mine apart." Justin, I really don't consider myself a 'subject matter expert' on all kinds o...

In Gear Lists » 3-season GEAR LIST (assistance)
April 08, 10:48pm

Re: not a bad thing
"I don't think its a bad thing that everest is crowded now, or other backpacking areas for that matter." Disagree big time.

In On the Web » Everest anyone ?
April 08, 5:02pm

Re: nice tarp
8' X 10' tarp. In most cases a bivy is not needed.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » first attempts at tarp pitching
April 08, 4:58pm

Re: 3-season GEAR LIST (assistance)
Mike, I respect your knowledge and skills. Really enjoy reading your posts, especially critiquing gear lists. Okay, in good natured fun (no need to explain why your gear is better suited to c...

In Gear Lists » 3-season GEAR LIST (assistance)
April 08, 1:56am

Re: Efficiency with water tablets
Thanks, Nate, now I have something to fret about :) I never even tried to tear them open. I just slit them with a razor, or if I am carry my Vic Classic, use the knife blade or the scissors. Usu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Efficiency with water tablets
April 08, 1:02am

Re: Re: /:
Since I am a big GG fan, I get quite a few PM's about their products. Several people have gotten feedback on questions sent to GG, and then want to run ideas by me. It sounds like GG is respond...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where is everyone at Gossamer Gear?
April 07, 5:42pm

Re: Which Pack?(Gossamer, MLD, MLA)
Ryan, This step requires you to take some time and do a lot of research. Read threads, read BPL articles, etc. People here tend to be brand loyal (not a bad thing). But it would be difficult ...

In GEAR » Which Pack?(Gossamer, MLD, MLA)
April 07, 12:20pm

Re: UL philosophy
We carry it if you don't need it? I first ran across Ray Jardine's Website a few years ago, when a friend of my wife recommended I check it out. At first thought, I thought the guy was o...

In Philosophy & Technique » A little UL Philosophy Help Please
April 06, 9:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am