Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4561 - 4570 of 6903 | Page: 1 ...448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ...691

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
"or that the consumer will always stay away from businesses that do wrong by the consumer, is neither rational nor logical from my perspective" You're in good company, Doug. I'...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
November 12, 8:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
"A group that regulates does not gain from an investment or an operation, because they do not invest or produce anything... they loot from the producers." Some would call that protecti...

November 12, 8:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: light no heat.
"the only area of scientific research that clearly lies within the proper sphere of governmental activity is research for national defense. Therefore it must conduct its own research in milita...

November 12, 5:54pm

Re: Re: Re: I survived "Youth Deer Weekend"
" Most of the hunting accidents seem to be hunters shooting other hunters in their own party!" We call it The Dick Cheney Syndrome in the US of A.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I survived "Youth Deer Weekend"
November 10, 7:57pm

Re: eric
"Also i thought in the PNW it would be good to have a synthetic jacket, am i being over cautious in thinking this?" Not at all, Josh. A good place to start your search would be with t...

In GEAR » clothing systems
November 09, 4:56pm

Re: Favorite Bottom Half Backpacking Clothing?
Hiking: Patagonia Classic Boxer Briefs; Montane Terra pants; Injinji Performance socks with Coolmax liners outside; Inov8 Roclite 370's; At night add Under Armour Coldgear Base 2.0 long...

In GEAR » Favorite Bottom Half Backpacking Clothing?
November 09, 4:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Intensity
"Yep. I just like to stir the pot." Stir away, and I'll add an occasional dollop of spice. You never know, we might even get invited on "Iron Chef". ;)

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
November 09, 4:22pm

Re: windshirt outer
"I like to wear my windshirt as the outer layer, the exception being winter where if stopped I slip my insulating layer over top of everything- quicker and you don't cool down" +1

November 08, 8:35pm

Re: two down jackets
"Tom- you must be on the cool side for metabolism :) my exlight alone keeps me comfortable to freezing- base layer of Cap 1 + a windshirt over top" Mike, I'm 5'7" and w...

November 08, 8:34pm

Re: layers
"Ive heard alot about down jackets...but I seem to keep very warm with just my thin fleece and thermal base layer." Dan, I tried the Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket this year...

November 08, 7:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm