BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4561 - 4570 of 6000 | Page: 1 ...448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ...600

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for Richard
"then put it in a dryer (medium heat) for 45s to 60s." Richard, One point of clarification: Does the "s" in 45s to 60s mean seconds? Sounds like a dumb question, I know,...

In GEAR » Reapply DWR to shell of down jacket?
January 07, 9:10am

Re: Re: Ursack minor?
"I have had trouble cinching the bear ursack completely closed." Hi Donna, Try tying the Ursack to a tree(using a figure 8 or square knot), with only a single overhand knot at the a...

In GEAR » Ursack minor?
January 07, 9:00am

Re: Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
"Neo's sister is called Base Camp. Interested ?" Has she been with any other hikers?

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
January 06, 8:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: spending money
"Ouch! You are SO gonna ...... I don't know, but you most likely are!" ??

In Chaff » Health Care
January 06, 8:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: 9 oz tent
"They have. I call her "Neo." She's a cutie!" Does she have a sister? ;)

January 06, 8:30pm

Re: SPECS
The MSR Lightning Ascent 25 SPECS are as follows: Dimensions = 8" x 25"; Weight/pr = 3.6#; Max load = 225#; Surface area = 176 square inches. The Northern Lites Elite SPECS are as...

In GEAR » Let's talk Snoeshoes
January 06, 6:55pm

Re: Re: 9 oz tent
"Never know how much I love you, Never know how much I care. When you put your arms around me, I get a fever that's so hard to bear." Sounds like they've come up with a UL v...

January 06, 6:09pm

Re: Re: Re: spending money
"Now. How can I fit abortion in, here?" Easy. Perform them with a gun. ;}

In Chaff » Health Care
January 06, 5:53pm

Re: Let's talk Snoeshoes
"They look interesting" Looks like it's going head to head with the MSR Lightning Ascent, with a lot of the same technical features. I wonder about weight and total surface area. ...

In GEAR » Let's talk Snoeshoes
January 06, 5:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thank you, Richard
"You can replenish your DWR many times before you have to put more on." Many thanks for the swift reply, Richard. You just saved me an unnecessary purchase, among other things. Tom

In GEAR » Reapply DWR to shell of down jacket?
January 05, 6:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm