Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 4561 - 4570 of 6840 | Page: 1 ...448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ...684

Forum » Thread

Re: Morals?
"What about countries in the Middle East that you can't spell the name of, but you have no scruples about taking their oil?" A citizen of The Commonwealth sermonizing about taking ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best Free Stuff?
October 16, 8:04pm

Re: The Rational Son of the Carbon Flame War
"The function of this government is to protect the individual rights of man, to include his property. There are only three legitimate functions of government: 1. Police to protect individuals...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
October 15, 8:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Best 15-20 Degree bag for the Weight? WM UltraLite? Hummingbird? Others?
"Yeah, there's the Versalite at a theoretical 10*F. However, note that the Versalite is 3 inches wider in girth with only 1 ounce more down than the Apache. I have some variation or anothe...

In GEAR » Best 15-20 Degree bag for the Weight? WM UltraLite? Hummingbird? Others?
October 15, 6:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Son of Carbon Flame War
"You are typing on one item that has untold number of opportunities. Some of the richest people in the world, built their fortunes around these appliances." And your point is? "...

October 15, 5:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Son of Carbon Flame War
"Political Economy regards the proletarian...like a horse, he must receive enough to enable him to work. It does not consider him, during the time when he is not working, as a human being...&q...

October 15, 5:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Son of Carbon Flame War
"Tom, sadly, that's where we're headed. Not to be TOO much of a doomsayer, but even now, we're living in a Matrix-esque society where the elite give us JUST enough to keep the mass...

October 14, 8:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ski poles for self-arresting
"California snow is known to be a little different from the rest of the West." Ah. I was sort of wondering if it wasn't something specific to your locale. Just didn't know wh...

In GEAR » Ski poles for self-arresting
October 14, 8:41pm

Re: Re: Ski poles for self-arresting
"Most snowshoers use one pole." Not up here, Bob. Maybe you're talking about California?

In GEAR » Ski poles for self-arresting
October 14, 8:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Son of Carbon Flame War
"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" That was 235 years ago, when there was a lot more real opportunity. Fast forward to a time i...

October 14, 8:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Son of Carbon Flame War
"That sounds like a real nice country to live in!" Which prompted my question about finding people willing to defend it.

October 14, 5:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm