BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4561 - 4570 of 5388 | Page: 1 ...448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ...539

Forum » Thread

Re: Help Me Shop for a GPS
Ben, Look at the Garmin Nuvi series, lots of models updated over the years. I bought the latest and greatest for my son, and even has bluetooth for his phone. After you do your research on model...

In GEAR » Help Me Shop for a GPS
April 21, 2:39am

Re: What?
Alex, It is about twice the size of two 8 track tapes.

In GEAR » FYI: Blizzard Survival Bag...
April 21, 2:18am

Re: music
I just talk or sing to myself. Total weight = zero oz :)

In Chaff » Walking music
April 21, 1:37am

Re: Dreaming big, and was given a chance
Great story. But becoming a gear tester will probably add pounds to your base weight :)

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Dreaming big, and was given a chance
April 21, 1:34am

Re: Re: gear.
And, finally, on the issue of the tarp, I'm not quite there yet. It's hard to get over the psychological hurdle of giving up four walls and a floor, but I'll certainly keep this in mind...

In Gear Lists » New to Forums: Gear List
April 21, 1:31am

Re: Thoughts on long distance food
Craig, No nutritional expertise here. But some thoughts. The MH Mac & Cheese is one of their highest calorie meals, also the heaviest at 6.8 oz. The MH Chili Mac with Beef is 4.8 oz and 290 ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thoughts on long distance food
April 19, 7:01pm

Re: Death Valley NP
Sean, I suck at photography. But I bet if you got closer to that verbenia and did a "carpet" shot, it would be awesome. Also, I think 88F is perfect hiking conditions :)

In Photo Gallery » Death Valley NP
April 18, 11:46pm

Re: Re: No Cook Trips
Bob, I agree with you. But there is nothing wrong with cookless. I have done it many times. However, it seems that the extra weight of palatable ( <--- key word here for me) of cookless food ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » No Cook Trips
April 18, 9:53pm

Re: "Shots of the Week: Apr. 11 - 17"
Bill, That is a cool picture.

In Photography » Shots of the Week: Apr. 11 - 17
April 18, 9:49pm

Re: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: "Space Alien Invasion."
Beam me up Scotty?

In Chaff » Space Alien Invasion.
April 15, 12:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am