Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4531 - 4540 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: Deuter ACT Lite vs Waay lighter pack question
Walking is a store for an hour is a helpful indicator, but not comprehensive of how it will feel after several hours on the trail. First thought is do you need that much capacity? I would load a...

In GEAR » Deuter ACT Lite vs Waay ligher pack question
July 01, 1:11pm

Re: Ugly Feet!
Big thing is to make sure the toe box is large enough, especially on downhills. I recently did a hike and wore some wool socks that are a tiny bit thicker than normal, trying to compensate for an i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Training for a speed hike.
July 01, 11:37am

Re: Re: Is it worth dehydrating?
> Grams exist to be removed Unless they are in camera equipment. Sorry Bob, I couldn't resist :)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » dehydrating honey / maple syrup
July 01, 1:40am

Re: what???/
Rich, You started the thread....... Almost exactly 1 year ago!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » west coast trail updates - hiking in one week
July 01, 12:38am

Re: Let there be peace on earth.
Chris, You know that you are starting another one of these threads. Not sure what the intent was. I agree many threads get hijacked and become runaway trains when guns are introduced. There a...

In Chaff » Let there be peace on earth.
June 30, 5:17pm

Re: ventilated back backpacks
There are trade-offs for everything. No one makes the perfect pack for all conditions. For me, I am willing to sweat to save 2+ lbs in most situations, especially when another couple lbs will incre...

In GEAR » Ventilated Back Backpacks
June 30, 12:02am

Re: Shasta Trip Report (Video Documentary)
I really enjoyed it. Amazing what someone can do with one of these compact cameras.

In Post-Trip Reports » Shasta Trip Report ( Video Documentary)
June 29, 7:46pm

Re: Shasta
Sounds like you had a lot fun, a new type of camping, and additional knowledge/experience. Can't beat that. Altitude affects people in different ways. You made the right decision to skip the...

In Post-Trip Reports » Shasta
June 29, 7:25pm

Re: eyeglass repair
Most are fairly standard. There are little kits you can buy at department stores that have screws, small screw driver and other spare parts. Usually cost a couple bucks.

In Philosophy & Technique » eyeglass repair
June 29, 7:04pm

Re: Esbit Questions
Bob, Thank you very much! Lots of good information. I was aware of the lack of availability on long hikes. Great tip on the hand sanitizer in windy conditions. I did a test with about 16 oz and ...

In GEAR » Esbit Questions
June 28, 1:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am