BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4521 - 4530 of 5379 | Page: 1 ...444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ...538

Forum » Thread

Re: Laptop Ques. for Ye Geeks and Urban Warriors
Ben, I am not a computer electronics expert, but I have been a traveling road warrior for 13 years. The computer bricks also contain circuitry for charging the battery and nominal surge prote...

In GEAR » Laptop Ques. for Ye Geeks and Urban Warriors
May 23, 6:33pm

72 Year old Grandfather doing PCT
I was looking for some PCT trail conditions and ran across this blog. This guy is 72 and has had two knee replacements. I am going to follow this one, and hope others here do the same. As of 5/...

In Post-Trip Reports » 72 Year old Grandfather doing PCT
May 21, 9:44am

Re: Reasonable Itinerary
Chris this is highly subjective. You will be limited by the slowest person in your group. 12 miles with 3,500 elevation gain shouldn't be too difficult for most people. But what is your startin...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Reasonable Itinerary
May 20, 4:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Help On A Long Decision
Should be an interesting trip.... :) "ultra-left-anarchist politics, plenty of religious debate, all of my data on global warming" and me being an ultra-conservative Randian Objecti...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Help On A Long Decision
May 20, 1:00pm

Re: Help On A Long Decision
Well Ken, I have the opposite situation... In two weeks I will be going on a 3-day trip with two or three other people. I have never done that, and I started backpacking in the 1960s. I am sure ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Help On A Long Decision
May 19, 10:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Running vs. Climbing Thoughts...
"There have been attempts to use running in this way, Chariots of Fire, Loneliness of a Long Distance Runner come to mind, but they have never quite caught the public's imagination the way...

In Other Activities » Running vs. Climbing Thoughts...
May 19, 9:02am

Re: Running vs. Climbing Thoughts...
If you are interested in distance running, Solinsky's race is a must see. http://preview.tinyurl.com/25mzjbj American distance running has fallen off the world scene over the past 40 year...

In Other Activities » Running vs. Climbing Thoughts...
May 18, 10:24am

Re: "My son just won the Big West Conference 10K"
Actually very few people can even make a living running. Big races like the Boston Marathon and other high profile races throughout the world have sizable purses. The 2010 Boston winners (M/F) got ...

In Other Activities » My son just won the Big West Conference 10K
May 18, 2:09am

Runner wins Palos Verdes Marathon wearing VFF
Patrick Sweeny in 2:37.14 http://tiny.cc/1lw11

In Other Activities » Runner wins Palos Verdes Marathon wearing VFF
May 18, 12:53am

My son just won the Big West Conference 10K
A little bragging... This past Friday my son, Joe, won the Big West Conference 10K title with a time of 30:58. He came in 5th in 5K on Saturday with a time of 14:45, almost a minute slower than ...

In Other Activities » My son just won the Big West Conference 10K
May 18, 12:45am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am