BPL Community Profile

Kathleen B (rosierabbit) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Kathleen B has not added a biography yet.
CityStevens Pass
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathleen B

Showing 451 - 460 of 544 | Page: 1 ...36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Forum » Thread

Belay jacket
Kyle - I don't know what the temperatures are that I've used the jacket in comfort, but my guess is in the high teens and twenties in gusting wind. If you're concerned about being too ...

In GEAR » Synthetic Parka
November 06, 2:32pm

Wild Things Belay Jacket
Kyle - I've had a WT belay jacket for about 4 years. I've used it on snowshoe trips in windy, very cold situations, and even as an actual belay jacket on a climb, and was very happy with i...

In GEAR » Synthetic Parka
November 06, 1:59pm

Nacho Taters
Thank goodness you came up with something without mushrooms this week. I had to skip last week's recipe!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Tater Tuesday: Nacho Taters
November 06, 1:30pm

Dehydrator
Laurie - does your new book focus on how to dehydrate food, or does it contain recipes using dehydrated food that you happen to have dehydrated yourself? Right now my favorite dehydrator is Harmon...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Directions for dehydration
November 05, 4:52pm

0 degree bag
Have you considered combining bags? I think Brett or someone else who uses Montbell bags discussed combining them. And wear puffy pants and puffy jacket (down or primaloft), or wear the pants and...

In GEAR » 0* Or Lower Womens Bags?
November 05, 4:47pm

snopes knows all
I just checked snopes.com and entered the word "bear" in the search. The third listing discusses these pictures. Supposedly the pictures are real, but the story has evolved.

In Chaff » Thanks Mom
October 25, 1:36pm

cabbage patch soup
Sarah - another use for the dried cabbage is in a soup with some of the tomato bits that come in the harmonyhouse sampler. Then add whatever else appeals to you for flavor - onions, bouillon, pepp...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Chicken Colcannon Mashed Potatoes
October 25, 1:19pm

DAS on Sale
Backcountry.com has the DAS on sale right now: http://www.backcountry.com/store/PAT0372/Patagonia-DAS-Parka-Mens.html

In GEAR » Patagonia DAS vs hooded Micro Puff
October 25, 9:12am

1/8 v 3/8
Warmth is subjective. YMMV

In GEAR » tarpin it.
October 24, 4:31pm

Gossamer thickness
Yes, thicker is better, up to a point. After a certain thickness, any more thickness won't help. But I don't know where the point of not being better is. Since there is also a perceived ...

In GEAR » tarpin it.
October 24, 3:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Kathleen B

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
I had a similar experience to David's. They sent the inferior space blankets, rather than the correct order, took forever to send a return UPS shipping label, and only yesterday admitted to recei...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 5:35pm

Boomer's Guide to Lightweight Backpacking by Carol Corbridge
I was very disappointed in this book. Luckily, I didn't buy it but had checked it out from the library. For starters, the book is in major need of copy editing. There are lots of awkward sent...

In Books and Media
May 28, 2:04pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These do everything BPL promised - provide comfortable warmth without being bulky. I've worn them under non-winter hiking pants all winter, and they've extended the comfort range down to 7 de...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 10:55am

Hikelight.com Company
I just discovered this website that is based in Oregon. It seems to be a distributor of some of our favorite brands - SixMoonDesigns, Tarptent, Montbell, GraniteGear, and Western Mountaineering. No ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 22, 9:39am

HarmonyHouseFoods.com vegetables and beans
I just received my second order of dehydrated food from Harmony House. First I bought the vegetable pantry stuffer - 16 different quart-sized containers of various dehydrated vegetables, and then a we...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
July 25, 9:08pm

Golite Paradox pants
I'm not sure whether to review these in raingear or softshell clothing, because they're both. They are all-day pants, rather than rain pants to pull on over hiking pants and are made of a fab...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 10, 1:11pm

Sealskinz gloves
I had the same experience as Brett. My non-waterproof gloves absorbed less water than these.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 10, 12:51pm

ULA Circuit
This pack was on backorder, but it came sooner than Brian said it would. I gave it a 2-day test this last weekend on a short backpacking trip in the Cascades. I was pleased that it was as comfortabl...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 06, 1:29pm