BPL Community Profile

Randy Martin (randalmartin) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me My primary pursuits are mountaineering (hiking with the goal of a summit) but I am beginning to re-kindle my love of Backpacking. In particular I have become a big fan of the Ultralight approach and love this website. I seem to be in a perpetual state of shelter/sleep system evaluation. My current setup for shelter is a GG SpinnTwinn with YMG Bug Bivy 1.0 (summer) or Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy(colder). Sleep system is Katabatic Chisos 40 degree quilt with Neoair short.
CityCastle Rock
StateCO
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Martin

Showing 451 - 460 of 669 | Page: 1 ...37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ...67

Forum » Thread

SOLD
Item has been Sold.

In Gear Swap » Osprey Talon 44 S/M - $60 shipped CONUS
March 24, 7:35pm

Can this thread please just die already!
Can we all just agree to disagree and move along...

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
March 23, 2:42pm

Re: RE: High Sierra
I would definitely go with 30 degree bag or warmer. In the high Rockies at the height of summer I use a 40 degree quilt. It's plenty. A light down sweater or Nano Puff is enough extra insula...

In GEAR » Best sleeping bag for high Sierra in July
March 23, 10:21am

Re: Jam vs Vapor vs Talon
I own both the Jam (2011 version) and the Talon 44. The Talon is going to be a more comfortable pack with weights at 25lbs vs the Jam. However, I use my Jam more than the Talon because my total w...

In GEAR » Jam vs Vapor vs Talon
March 23, 6:41am

Re: Osprey Talon 44 S/M - $60 Shipped CONUS
Bump

In Gear Swap » Osprey Talon 44 S/M - $60 shipped CONUS
March 22, 6:25pm

SOLD
Payment Received. Sale Final.

In Gear Swap » FS Neoair Regular
March 22, 2:17pm

FS Neoair Regular
$75 Shipped CONUS I purchased this about two weeks ago off the floor from REI. I purchased so I could compare the Regular and Small (purchased new) to compare. I have concluded that the Small ...

In Gear Swap » FS Neoair Regular
March 22, 11:23am

Re: CO Summer Weather
The storms often are very short lived (an hour or so). However, you just need to carefully plan your route so that you can reliably be below treeline in the afternoon. I think the only part of ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Monsoon Season - Bad time to visit CO?
March 22, 8:16am

Re: Re: Monsoon Season - Bad time to visit CO?
Agree with everything Stuart said. Depending on your objectives, I personally find September is the best month of the year for peak bagging. By then the Tstorms have slowed or stopped and we typi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Monsoon Season - Bad time to visit CO?
March 22, 8:14am

Re: REI 20% off
You can use the 20% off now if you order online and use REWARDS20 code at checkout. That's what I did two days ago and just had the order shipped to my local store for free.

In GEAR » Blizzard Bag now at REI
March 20, 9:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Martin

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Katabatic Gear Bristlecone (Regular Length, Wide Width)
I have had the Bristlecone Bivy for a year and really appreciate the side zipper for ease of entry/exit. The mesh is just right for breathability and views. The stake out loops are nice when you wan...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 15, 6:03pm

Marmot Atom
The bag is true to it's 40 degree rating and when I sleep with insulating layers on I have comfortably slept in this bag down to the upper 20's. If you are cold in this bag at 50 then I suspe...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 31, 1:59pm