BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 451 - 460 of 490 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Forum » Thread

Re: drying a platypus?
I keep mine in the freezer. That way I don't need to dry them and nothing is going to grow.

In GEAR » drying a platypus?
March 28, 10:37pm

Re: Help me decide on sleep bags: NF Beeline 900 or WM Caribou
I have the WM Versalite and love it. I have not used the Caribou but given the quality of my bag I can assume you will not be disappointed. It lofts like a cloud. I notice the Beeline does not ...

In GEAR » Help me decide on sleep bags: NF Beeline 900 or WM Caribou
March 28, 5:13pm

Re: Epic Fabric Hammock
Great news! I can't wait to see what you've come up with. Like Douglas, I use the HH Ultralight Explorer and wish it weighed less. My sons and I are potential customers. P.S. I am also interest...

In GEAR » layering in the Pacific NW
March 28, 4:46pm

Delerion Pro
Sven, I feel for you. If you can't smell those shoes then you've got the stuffy nose from hell. I had the shoes for 3 days and the smell didn't seem to lessen. I did get a lot of comments at wo...

In GEAR » Delerion disappointment
March 27, 6:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lindal revealed
That is certainly the case when the stove is on the canister but turned off. I thought we were talking about when the stove is in use. Heating a canister until it fails is interesting but not near...

In GEAR » Selecting a Canister Stove for Cold Weather Backpacking
Part I: Stove and Fuel Fundamentals

March 23, 11:21am

Re: Re: Re: Lindal revealed
Another possibility is that when the plastic melts it is simply pushed into the stove by the canister pressure thereby shutting down the stove. If this is the case then when you remove the canister...

In GEAR » Selecting a Canister Stove for Cold Weather Backpacking
Part I: Stove and Fuel Fundamentals

March 23, 10:01am

Re: Does anyone ORIKASO?
I don't have much experience yet but I went on a week long trip with a guide who had the Orikaso bowl. He didn't have to say a thing. I watch him use it and I was sold. I did ask him later about it...

In GEAR » Does anyone ORIKASO?
March 23, 9:51am

Re: Delerion disappointment
I received mine yesterday and though I've only worn then around the house, I suspect my review will mimic yours. Do you think the material on top will soften and the problem will go away? Are we th...

In GEAR » Delerion disappointment
March 23, 9:21am

Re: Re: Re: The real PNW and it's charms
I used my HH on the ground one windy and rainy night in the Colorado Rockies. One end was tied to a tree with the other three corners staked out. The ground was wet before I set up but it was nev...

In GEAR » layering in the Pacific NW
March 23, 7:58am

Re: delerion low?
Jay, the one you linked to is missing the gaiter. The one with Gore-tex XCR has the gaiter.

In GEAR » timberland delerion pro
March 19, 1:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm