BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 451 - 460 of 559 | Page: 1 ...37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Forum » Thread

"Safest (least toxic) fuel source for California alcohol stove"
The Kleen Strip Green denatured alcohol has the highest % of ethanol (label states 90-100) of anything else I've found aside from everclear. It's widely available. edit: looks like will...

In GEAR » Safest (least toxic) fuel source for California alcohol stove
June 15, 7:46am

downproofness of m50
I've used an M50 quilt and down jacket for a few months now and it's definitely not as downproof as m90 and the dwr isn't nearly as good. I still like it but the weight definitely has ...

In Make Your Own Gear » M 50?
June 13, 11:19am

m50 quilt
I made an m50 down quilt with about 9oz down, sewn footbox, 6ft x 50" shoulders and it's around 15oz. I don't think you could get to 12oz with m90 unless you were really cutting it cl...

In GEAR » Quote for custom quilt
June 06, 10:41pm

Re: Steripen users advise
I'd bet that 99% of failures (at least on most recent models) are due to users using poor quality or wrong batteries.

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
June 06, 9:25am

"Sleeping pad?"
I'd check out the new POE Peak Elite AC or if you're willing to wait Kookabay is top notch.

In GEAR » Sleeping pad?
June 06, 6:55am

"M50 Pullover Jacket"
Great work! Turned out fantastic.

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 Pullover Jacket
June 05, 12:49pm

Re: Pack strap pockets
I dislike large strap pockets mainly because they feel like they're in the way and my pack is light enough that I don't feel like I need the extra weight distribution. If they were very la...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pack strap pockets
June 04, 8:48am

Re: OK, you're convincing me to try merino...
I have a couple icebreaker 150 tops that I've had for over a year and wear all the time (including some bushwacking) and still no holes or snags. You can usually find tops in the $30 range on ...

In GEAR » Looking for a quick drying, moisture wicking, non-stinking short sleeve and long sleeve shirt....
June 03, 1:48pm

Re: Another vote for the s95
Sometimes Canon has extra discounts on their refurbished stuff on their website. I bought a s90 for a screamin deal a few months ago. Excellent images and control for the size and weight. You ca...

In GEAR » ul camera
June 03, 10:22am

"Footwear for Cactus Country?"
I had a pair of these Merrells a few years ago. Looks like you might be able to find some on ebay (searching Merrell traveler). I think they did have goretex, but they were very comfortable, requi...

In GEAR » Footwear for Cactus Country?
May 31, 10:17am

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.