Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Scott Ireland (WinterWarlock) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western NY
About Me Grew up in South Jersey, and hiked and backpacked in the Pine Barrens, and in the Pennsylvania stretches of the AT. Went away to college, got married, and stopped all outdoor activity for many years. Six years ago I was 'reborn' (aka divorced), and ended up marrying a woman from the Adirondacks, who introduced me to my new home away from home, and got me back into serious hiking. Am now working on my ADK 46 and Cat3500...
CityRochester
StateNY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott Ireland

Showing 451 - 460 of 508 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Forum » Thread

Re: People buy you the wrong stuff...
REI needs a registry for hikers like other stores do for weddings...that'll solve that.

In Philosophy & Technique » Going solo? How has ultralight made you an outcast?
January 05, 2:38pm

Re: Re: Anyone use the BPL Cocoon Pro 60's?
The sizing chart for the UL 60's seem to make more sense than the Pro 60's....any staff member able to comment on that? Is the size chart for the Pro 60's wrong?

In Gear Lists » Winter Single Day Climb- Mt Washington, New Hampshire (White Mountains)
January 05, 10:48am

Re: Anyone use the BPL Cocoon Pro 60's?
"Normally I would wear a large size. According to the size chart I wear a small. Not sure whats up with that. Id love to pick a pair up right now for $56 and probably cheaper tomorrow..."...

In Gear Lists » Winter Single Day Climb- Mt Washington, New Hampshire (White Mountains)
January 05, 10:38am

Re: Re: Winter Single Day Climb- Mt Washington, NH Gear List for Review
Looks like a good list - what insulated pants do you carry? Anyone use the BPL Cocoon Pro 60's? I generally carry backups on gloves/liners/socks in case they get wet - I'm guessing that&...

January 05, 10:14am

Ed, seriously?
"I have found that if you have frozen boots in the morning, you can pee on them to un-freeze them. (yes I have done this) Plus most of us have to pee in the morning anyways!" Who ties ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Single best piece of advice ever given? What's yours?
January 05, 10:11am

Re: Pot and hoody sold
You definitely made me look twice with that subject line...

In Gear Swap » FS:brand new BPL Beartooth hoody and BPL 1100 ti-pot
January 05, 9:58am

Re: Re: Re: Winter Single Day Climb- Mt Washington, NH
I know a large number of people who have done this in winter....nearly all use mountaineering boots (which you'll probably need in Alaska, too). There are places near there that rent them, and ...

January 05, 9:30am

Re: Winter Single Day Climb- Mt Washington, NH
I personally haven't done it, but do know it can be done in a day. I just signed up with EMS to do it in a couple weeks - check here: http://emsclimb.com/mountaineering_mtwashington.html Al...

January 05, 9:12am

Re: Re: Stoic Softshell
Had these out over the weekend for the first time...temp was 10, with windchills of -20F. I didn't wear anything under them, just the Stoic softshell's, and was quite warm. We had about a f...

In GEAR » Ski pants for hiking
January 05, 7:55am

Re: half bag...and replies
Most of my winter hiking friends carry a small piece of CCF to sit on during breaks...otherwise your backside gets a bit chilly! I actually took a Tyvek Fedex envelope, put in a small piece of an o...

January 05, 6:40am

All Reader Reviews by Scott Ireland

Scott Ireland has posted no reviews.