BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 451 - 460 of 537 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Forum » Thread

The Impossible Test - 2
I am far, far from an expert, but I would guess that another few ounces of sleeping pad insulation would pay bigger dividends in additional warmth, than just about any other adjustment, with making...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lite insulation layer
January 16, 2:59pm

Lost Camper Found
If I was cut off from civilization, with no one searching for me that I could call or flash a mirror at, I'd start me a forest fire, if I could. I'm an environmentalist, but to get rescued...

In On the Web » Lost Camper Found
January 15, 5:52pm

External frame for cuben bag
Bill, I have no doubt that at some time in the past you've looked at the LuxuryLite site, but with the hope it can jar another idea, here's part of what it says: "LuxuryLite® Frame Se...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Pack Bag - 2.54 ounces
January 14, 2:52pm

Snowshoe boots
Supergaiters are not easy to find, nor are they cheap. However, you can move them from boot to boot since the rands are expandable (rubber). MOUNTAIN TOOLS GLACIER SUPER GAITERS & BUZZARD...

In GEAR » Snowshoe Boots?
January 14, 6:40am

Cuben pack bag
I like it! Does the frame unfold into a geodesic-dome tent framework?

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Pack Bag - 2.54 ounces
January 13, 7:43am

Snowshoe boots
Sometimes I will wear insulated supergaiters over a light hiking boot. Unlike overboots, supergaiters leave the sole free to operate as the manufacturer intended, and the supergaiter doesn't t...

In GEAR » Snowshoe Boots?
January 12, 9:06pm

Super Gaiters
Eric, in all your years of skiing, you must have at least tried the super-gaiter: a rubber rand around the lower part of the boot, the fabric part (insulated or un-insulated) extending to above the...

In Winter Hiking » Neoprene boots for winter
January 11, 1:46pm

Bodysuits for racing
XC skiers shown doing Winter Olympic races wear bodysuits so carefully tailored that not one little wrinkle flaps in the breeze, I suppose to avoid air turbulence and extra weight. (Talk about fana...

In Winter Hiking » Winter Jacket
January 11, 1:22pm

Vapor barrier wetness
Re: "My insulation now provides much more warmth. But... I'm out for multiple days. What do I do with that very wet undershirt at night?" So, either you are plagued by moisture pouri...

In Winter Hiking » Vapor Barrier wetness
January 08, 11:22am

Vapor barrier wetness
I would like to learn more about VBs. I've tried VB clothing, but not extensively. So I went to the web site of a VB maker, RBH Designs, LLC: “The windproof NTS shirt prevents evaporative h...

In Winter Hiking » Vapor Barrier wetness
January 04, 9:31pm

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm