BPL Community Profile

Greg F (GregF) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Canadian Rockies
About Me Greg F has not added a biography yet.
CityCalgary

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg F

Showing 451 - 460 of 574 | Page: 1 ...37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ...58

Forum » Thread

Re: Tom
////////I don't see where you are getting the arrogance from, Greg. I thnk a lot of members are concerned that we're going to lose a wonderful resource AND, YES, community, because of finan...

In GEAR » Gear Swap & Capilene
December 06, 12:15am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Screw'em
/////Someone suggested limiting gear swap to paying members and it got a lot of support. So for the most part from what I saw, the biggest $$ contributors were for it...and for others...well there ...

December 05, 4:58pm

Sil vs cuban vs dyneema x
I dont think a sil pack makes sense anymore when cuban is more durable at equal or lighter weight. With a sul blast in the 3-5 oz range why would you buy a sil pack. Even material cost isnt that b...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Murmur Dyneema DX First Look
December 04, 7:43pm

Part of the experience
For me sharing a tent is part of the experience of backpacking. Whwn you head into your tent at 6 pm because of a july blizzard it is nice to have people to talk to and spend time with.

In GEAR » Two solo tents vs one two man tent
December 04, 7:38pm

Bring your Family
For me the key has been to involve my family (2 young daughters) in as much of the activities that I can. This has meant limiting distances that i can backpack to and getting in much better shape ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you do it?
December 04, 7:09pm

My preference for a site model
I dont particularly like the decision to restrict the gear forum purchases. This is the first site that i have seen do this. Now as a non paying memeber I really dont have much say and shouldnt. ...

December 04, 6:44pm

Re: Re: Re Re Unintened Consequences
On the oil issue if you perfer blood soaked oil from saudi arabia or russia then opposing the keystone pipeline is a good idea. If you perfer tightly regulated oil with legal requirements to recla...

In Chaff » Horse slaughter poised to resume in U.S. -- with PETA's approval?
December 02, 7:22pm

Running
One more thimg to add aftwr running all winter on a treadmill take it easy when you start going outside over terrain. All of the stbilizer muscles dont get worked out as much on the treadmill so t...

In Chaff » running
December 01, 9:50pm

Re: running
How far is the race? It makes a big difference on how you would prepare and do you have any specific goals other than finishing and raising money. The most important thing is not doing to much ...

In Chaff » running
November 30, 11:43am

Re: Excuses
---->How about a little personal accountability. If your kid is fat and there is no medical reason for being overweight, then it is your fault. I agree with you in terms of personal accountab...

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
November 30, 9:42am

All Reader Reviews by Greg F

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Walmart saved my trip. I was packing up the night before I was to leave and went to grab what i thought was a full butane canister and it was empty. It was 10pm and i was leaving at 5 the next morni...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 20, 7:27pm

Mont Bell Ultra-Light Spiral Down Hugger #3 Long
I had a chance to test out my new UL Spiral down hugger #3. This is the regular version not the super stretch. It still has the diagonal baffles so it does have a little more give than an average ba...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 05, 11:33pm