BPL Community Profile

Greg F (GregF) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Canadian Rockies
About Me Greg F has not added a biography yet.
CityCalgary

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg F

Showing 451 - 460 of 559 | Page: 1 ...37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Forum » Thread

Pack Loads
I think that there are enough packs out there that you can really choose a pack or multiple packs to suit your specific needs. I think this is why a common recomendation is that you buy your pack ...

In GEAR » Lets talk pack space/size
October 20, 5:08pm

Campfires
When I backpack I don't usually have a fire. Too much work gatering deadfall for anything more than a small cook fire and since I am usually lazy and use a canister stove I don't do that. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » camping= fire, why?
October 03, 12:07pm

Re: Derailed!
To answer your question an up to $600 u4/3 body and either the 20mm lens or the 45mm lens depending on where your interests lie. Or if you want something with a little more reach one of the 40-150...

In Photography » A question for the Photographers
October 02, 10:59pm

Re: DoF control useful?
For me dof control allows another creative tool. I definately utilize it on the trail especially when hiking with kids. So much focus on hiking tends to on where you are but some of my favourite ...

October 02, 10:55pm

Epm
I just picked up an epm1. The big reason for me is depth of field control. The premium compacts just don,t have the ability to get backgrond blur. To do this you need more than just the kit lene...

October 02, 7:38pm

Bear encounter
Climbing the tree in that situation seems like a dangerous choice. It turns you into prey. And I certainly wouldn't recomend it for anyone who isn't an experienced climber. There is a lo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Canmore guide, Japanese visitor safe after being chased up a tree by grizzly
September 30, 12:32pm

Not enough depth of field control
My only real issue with these cameras is the loss of depth of field control. I have a oly 510 and am in the process of buying an EPM-1. And really to get decent background blur you really need a ...

In Photography » Nikon mirrorless system announced
September 29, 10:52am

Kids
We are lucky in that we have the mountains an hour away from our house so weekend day trips are very feasable. So I am camping at least every second weekend in the summer. So far we have trained ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training a 5 yr old for trails
September 20, 9:26am

Dried Peporoni sticks and cheese
One of my staple foods for backpacking lunches are dried peporoni sticks. Unlike beef jerky which is generally low in fat these are packed with fat and are very high caloric density. The ones I b...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Adding a little variety to a meal plan help
September 15, 9:17am

Re: am
[quote]aqua mira DROPS are ready in 20 min. aqua mira TABLETS take 4 hrs, like many others.[/quote] This really isn't possible. I know it is what the package says but both the tabs and drop...

In Gear Lists » Help me get below 10 pounds
September 12, 1:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg F

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Walmart saved my trip. I was packing up the night before I was to leave and went to grab what i thought was a full butane canister and it was empty. It was 10pm and i was leaving at 5 the next morni...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 20, 7:27pm

Mont Bell Ultra-Light Spiral Down Hugger #3 Long
I had a chance to test out my new UL Spiral down hugger #3. This is the regular version not the super stretch. It still has the diagonal baffles so it does have a little more give than an average ba...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 05, 11:33pm