BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://dispatchesfromoutside.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 451 - 460 of 805 | Page: 1 ...37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: Slangin'
Fred, I find your sexism regarding Lynn to be extremely out of line (not to mention offensive). I am somewhat sympathetic to your ideas, but your attitude and accusations threaten your ability to ...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
August 21, 9:40am

Re: pending MYOG
I really like this thread too. MYOG is the best part of BPL. I have a couple of packs planned: (1) A smaller sized for me (MLD Burn size, but very different in execution) when I take short sum...

In Make Your Own Gear » What's everyone working on? (Upcoming projects...etc)
August 20, 10:08pm

I'd like one
I'd love one. PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS: Platypus Lil Nipper Bottles
August 15, 10:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WTB: TarpTent Double Rainbow or similar. Also- ULA pack
Are you transitioning your gear to UL or do you need to buy for the first time? I find it best to buy the pack last, once you've made all your other decisions. Also, research everything. The...

In Gear Swap » WTB: TarpTent Double Rainbow or similar. Also- ULA pack
August 15, 4:21pm

Re: Re: Re: WTB: TarpTent Double Rainbow or similar. Also- ULA pack
I just picked up an Ohm 2.0, and Chris was great to work with. I thought I was a medium, but it was a tad small, and he shipped the next size up very quickly. If you can't find what you want on...

In Gear Swap » WTB: TarpTent Double Rainbow or similar. Also- ULA pack
August 14, 11:14pm

Re: Re: A Lightweight Guide to the Crown of the Continent
Brendan, in Sept you should have no trouble getting what you want. I talked to a backcountry permit guy, and even Hole-in-the-Wall isn't booked out past the 15th, to say nothing of the walk-in ...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Lightweight Guide to the Crown of the Continent
August 14, 8:37pm

Re: cool
Kevin, interesting video. I've been indirectly sprayed by bear spray before. I can't speak for the bears, but it's powerful stuff.

In GEAR » Lightest Bear Spray?
August 14, 12:52am

Re: Bear Spray
I hike exclusively in griz country (NW Montana). I just eat the weight. It's worth it to me. But more importantly, you should educate yourself on bear behavior. Read Stephen Herrero's...

In GEAR » Lightest Bear Spray?
August 14, 12:47am

Re: mini Bic
I had a mini-Bic fail on me recently. For some reason, the striker wasn't getting good contact, and thus no sparks. The fuel level was fine. It made me glad that I carry an extra always. It...

In GEAR » Do you carry redundant backups of critical gear?
August 14, 12:33am

Re: "Romney/Ryan 2012"
If only we could just educate our people, this debate would be very different (not necessarily in this forum--I mean on a national level). Instead, as a nation, we prefer short-term fixes to long-...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
August 14, 12:19am

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.