BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://longlinerelease.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 451 - 460 of 861 | Page: 1 ...37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ...87

Forum » Thread

Re: Couple More
I have one, but I also write about much more than just getting out. I started a new job and haven't done much with it lately. I am also questioning the impact of the trip report as a genre--i...

In On the Web » BPLrs with blogs
November 05, 6:10pm

Re: HMG Porter vs ULA Ohm volumes?
I just bought a Porter (size medium) and I tried out an Ohm 2.0 (size large) this summer, and I would say that they are pretty equal in size, except that the Porter has a much taller extension coll...

In GEAR » HMG Porter vs ULA Ohm volumes?
November 05, 6:06pm

Re: Re: Any guess as to where we'll wind up?
Sometimes things don't live up to what you hope. Not that knowing that makes it easy. Sure wish I could make it all the way out to one of your GGGs, though. Looks like a good time.

In Chaff » Any guess as to where we'll wind up?
October 27, 11:01pm

Re: Wet Feet
I think you'll be surprised how fast you get used to it. As long as your feet are warm and don't stay wet for days, most people are fine. Just keep getting out and keep trying things so...

In Editor's Roundtable » Considering Minimalist Footwear for Backpacking
October 27, 10:51pm

Re: the Sierra
Lovely pictures. I am hoping to get that way sometime in 2014, as a celebration for getting a degree I didn't want but am told I need. It is motivation to keep training.

In Post-Trip Reports » Fall in the Sierra
October 27, 10:44pm

Re: Re: Down the rabbit hole...
Alexander, check out this article: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/fast_light_shoulder_season_footwear_tips.html I can attest to Dave's suggestion for neoprene sock...

In Editor's Roundtable » Considering Minimalist Footwear for Backpacking
October 27, 10:35pm

Re:LineLocs
I really like using LineLocs. Small weight penalty for a serious increase in function.

In Make Your Own Gear » To D ring or Not to D ring
October 27, 3:35pm

Re: Re: Re: CONUS Shipping
Do most posts say "CONUS only" or just "CONUS"? I have seen packages cost more sometimes--others not. My understanding is that listing "CONUS" alone means that the...

In Chaff » CONUS Shipping
October 26, 8:53pm

Re: @ MB
Play with it and experiment. Find what works for you. Even better, do it when the stakes are low (like in your backyard or car camp with your gear), and you'll be even more confident in the b...

In GEAR » New quilt user.
October 23, 11:00pm

Re: quilts and pads
Victor, I have that problem as well. In warmer weather, I just tuck my hands int my pockets or waistband, and that mostly works. In colder weather, my quilt is cinched around me tightly enough that...

In GEAR » New quilt user.
October 23, 6:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.