Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://longlinerelease.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 451 - 460 of 889 | Page: 1 ...37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ...89

Forum » Thread

My Toaks/Lite Trail Pot

In GEAR » Toaks titanium solo pots
November 29, 9:56pm

Re: Toaks titanium solo pots
Good deal--but a bit heavy for that size if you want to go for Ti. My 1.3L Evernew only weighs half an ounce more. I do have a Toaks pot, though. It's the Lite Trail 550 pot that they are ...

In GEAR » Toaks titanium solo pots
November 29, 9:37pm

Re: Frame in a gorilla
Having pulled apart some of those frame packs (a Deuter, most specifically, but one without the suspended mesh backpanel), I can say that many use a surprisingly similar system to the Gorilla. The...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Going Frameless? Will my back regret it?
November 28, 8:40pm

Re: Difference between Patagonia Houdini Full-zip Jacket and Patagonia Houdini Jacket
The first one is the older version of the Houdini. The new, reduced price Houdini is the second link. Basically, they're the same jacket with some very minor differences.

In GEAR » Difference between Patagonia Houdini Full-zip Jacket and Patagonia Houdini Jacket
November 27, 7:44pm

Re: Planning WAY ahead for Glacier NP
Check out Dave's "A Lightweight Guide to the Crown of the Continent" as a starter. Note also that crowds are seriously dependent upon the time of year. September can be excellent in...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Planning WAY ahead for Glacier NP
November 25, 9:20pm

Re: Frame
If your frame really weighs 11 oz. and there is still ample foam on the pack, look into some MYOG frames that will save you some weight. I wonder if you could easily integrate the Gossamer Gear U-...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Going Frameless? Will my back regret it?
November 24, 10:30pm

Re: Total Pack Weight
What you have to keep in mind when choosing framed/frameless packs is not just base weight but total pack weight. I saw on another thread that you're considering a thru-hike of the Long Trail....

November 24, 9:02pm

Re: New line for bear bagging
Ironwire is quite nice for bear bagging, but be careful when you use it. I once got some tangled up high, and the spectra core made it impossible to cut down. The line does tangle somewhat easily...

In GEAR » New line for bear bagging
November 23, 9:05am

Re: Looking for some tech fabric remnants (for my dog!)
Would Thru-hiker M90 (current iteration) work?

In Make Your Own Gear » Looking for some tech fabric remnants (for my dog!)
November 21, 9:27am

Re: Well said.
Wisdom from Eugene. Preach on.

In GEAR » So who else is going to wait and not buy an insulatig jacket this year?
November 20, 10:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.