BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 451 - 460 of 502 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Forum » Thread

Re: Feathered Friends memorial day sale
Some things are already on sale but the Memorial Day Sale is May 20-30 http://featheredfriendsretail.com/medayfeit.html Email says FF garment samples and seconds on sale in-store only. But o...

In Gear Deals » Feathered Friends memorial day sale
May 18, 9:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Personal resposibility is what it breaks down to..
@Scott -- I'm curious, did you read the court decision? I'm guessing not, based on the statements you're making. Nobody is talking about storms or avalanches or anything else other tha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Judge awards $1.9 million to family of boy killed by bear
May 11, 9:28pm

Re: Now the next problem: what is appropriate action?
My feeling has always been that, first, we don't stress and enforce the "don't feed the wildlife" rule enough. We take our toddlers to the local park to feed the ducks; we actuall...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Judge awards $1.9 million to family of boy killed by bear
May 11, 7:30am

Re: Re: Re: Personal resposibility is what it breaks down to..
>> Fact - It is not the forest services job to warn about possible dangers, their job is to regulate usage of public lands. Not defend you from the wild in wilderness. I believe you're...

May 11, 6:34am

Re: Personal resposibility is what it breaks down to..
>> This attack could have happened regardless of anything the forest service did, or didn't do. But that's not what the court was tasked to decide on and that was made very clear i...

May 10, 6:31pm

Tulle for headnets vs tent screens
I used nylon tulle from JoAnn Fabrics to make headnets. It works well for this use since the threads are very thin with more "space" than thread; easier to see out of and not as hot. No i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Insect netting? Tulle? Silk fabrics?
May 10, 2:52pm

Re: Looks like mice
I use a metal mesh bag in the Canyons. Weighs 4oz and will fit 4-5 days of food. I don't bother hanging it -- I used to until I woke up one night and saw what looked like a huge mouse Christm...

In GEAR » Ursack Minor Compromised
May 10, 10:47am

Re: Darwinism
I have to wonder how many of you who have responded with the "accidents like this usually take out the idiots which really helps improve our gene pool" sentiment actually read the court d...

May 09, 11:07am

Re: CO, UT, AZ
>> Faxed in my Grand Canyon permit request today for Monument Creek on the Tonto. I take it you're planning to hike down and up via Hermit? Be prepared for HOT. Have you ever hiked in ...

In Gear Lists » CO, UT, AZ in June
May 06, 1:27pm

Re: Grand Canyon day hike suggestions
>> We plan to do south kaibab to bright angel the first day... As in to Bright Angel campground at the river? Or down to the Tonto and come up BA Trail? Just be prepared for a really hot h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon day hike suggestions
May 06, 1:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.