Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4471 - 4480 of 8268 | Page: 1 ...439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ...827

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Down With CITIZENS UNITED!!
"We agree that 'we' should stop subsidizing big sugar and corn, et. al." Yeah - I hate when we subsidize high fructose corn syrup, then tax soda drinks which are a consequence,...

In Chaff » Corporations are Soylent Green!
February 05, 6:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Taxation
"I have a low BMI, why should I have to pay a tax?" If it reduced obesity in the U.S., and health care costs went down as a result, it would benefit you Unless we go back to the pre...

February 05, 5:48pm

Re: Bigots?
"Discrimination is a nasty animal and hard to kill." And it takes time, which is frustrating to people fighting the discrimination slavery ended in 1865 civil rights act was in 1...

In Chaff » BSA discrimination policy :(
February 05, 5:18pm

Re: Men's Fairy Tale
and died earlier than if she had said yes : ) she would have died at the same time regardless

In Chaff » Men's Fairy Tale
February 05, 2:45pm

Re: Re: more statistical testing in BPL?
This requires lot's of testing to be statistically significant. To create the cans, it might require a number of nights depending on your tollerance for beer. Or you could invite some people ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Beer Can Performance
February 05, 9:21am

Re: Re: Re: Packaging Down for Shipment?
Hammockgear sent me down in Ziploc, inside cardboard box. Keep taking bits of down with fingers and stuff in bag. Zip bag closed. I've also taken down from a garment. Slowly ripped the ...

In GEAR » Packaging Down for Shipment?
February 05, 8:56am

Re: Tax exempt
Is it okay to have seperate groups for boys and girls? Like the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts? You could argue that segregating them will have less distractions or whatever. Or you could argue ...

In Chaff » BSA discrimination policy :(
February 04, 10:24am

Re: Vegan Sleeping Bag Woes
Only solution is thicker insulation - then it's heavier and compresses even less Quilt isn't so good at those low temperatures, drafts around sides, sleeping bag is better Nice that y...

In GEAR » Vegan Sleeping Bag Woes
February 04, 9:48am

Re: They don't build them like they used to... (why you shouldn't buy a cheap modern sewing machine)
My mom's old machine (that I broke making a tent?) had this diagram with maybe 20 locations where you're supposed to apply a drop of oil. And it was tricky to set the tension and keep it f...

In Make Your Own Gear » They don't build them like they used to... (why you shouldn't buy a cheap modern sewing machine)
February 04, 8:27am

Re: Re: Re: @ Jerry
If you were correct, Nick, we wouldn't have social security, medicare, medicade, public education, fire departments, roads,... Supremes have ruled that the broad interpretation of General We...

February 03, 2:38pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.