Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4471 - 4480 of 9178 | Page: 1 ...439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ...918

Forum » Thread

Re: Sea to Summit
I've never understood WPB "dry" bags A waterproof bag will let air in and out enough to equalize pressure WPB doesn't work unless there's a temperature difference across...

In GEAR » Compression sack for down bag
August 06, 8:16am

Re: 8 year old Marmot Whisperer
You shouldn't train wild animals to be friendly with humans. This can only end badly for them. Better to yell at them and scare them away. bah humbug!

In Chaff » 8 year old Marmot Whisperer
August 05, 10:35pm

Re: Re: Is terrorism alert just to distract us from illegal wiretapping?
"Didn't buy the story about preventing 54 terrorist attacks." David Gregory just let that pass by. Didn't ask any follow-up. What a weinie...

In Chaff » Is terrorism alert just to distract us from illegal wiretapping?
August 05, 10:32pm

Re: Re: Soto canister stove manintenance?
"I especially like their gardening flamethrower." I have a gardening flamethrower. No chemicals. Weeds tend to grow back, but it works on some. Problem is, occasionally something ...

In GEAR » Soto canister stove manintenance?
August 05, 10:27pm

Is terrorism alert just to distract us from illegal wiretapping?
This alarm bell is going off in my head. They say it's non-specific. Increased "buzz". "Just like what happened on 9/11". I'm skeptical

In Chaff » Is terrorism alert just to distract us from illegal wiretapping?
August 05, 5:36pm

Re: "Sunscreen"
Coppertone Sport High Performance has avobenzone, all three stabilizers, and no oxybenzone, vitamin A, or the other bad ones. Of course they often reformulate and change products so you really h...

In GEAR » Sunscreen
August 05, 2:01pm

Re: "Sunscreen"
ewg.org has a sunscreen guide http://www.ewg.org/2013sunscreen/9-surprising-facts-about-sunscreen/ The say that sunscreens are better at filtering UVB which causes sunburn which is a good thing,...

In GEAR » Sunscreen
August 05, 1:58pm

Re: Re: Should Weiner Pull Out?
Then the reason people are so much against him is he didn't get in? Other politicians that did get in are okay?

In Chaff » Should Weiner Pull Out?
August 05, 10:11am

Re: Re: Re: Re: water
"Sawyer uses the same threads as Platypus?" The diameter of the cap is the same between Platypus and Sawyer, but the thread pitch on some Platypus is different so it doesn't fit ve...

In GEAR » Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
August 05, 10:09am

Re: Re: water
Evian must work with Sawyer? I've got a couple bottles with Sawyer compatible threads, but they weigh twice as much. I've got an "Eco" bottle that weighed less, but then thr...

In GEAR » Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
August 05, 9:43am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.