Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4471 - 4480 of 9324 | Page: 1 ...439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ...933

Forum » Thread

Re: Article
<a href="http://www.newsminer.com/features/outdoors/brooks-range-ramble-new-hampshire-woman-hikes-and-packrafts-from/article_d5d55504-114b-11e3-8fba-0019bb30f31a.html"> text </a&...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Kristin Gates is hiking across a lot of Alaska.
August 30, 2:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: M50 rain jacket
I bought some eVent from BPL, but that was a one time deal questoutfitters has similar WPB. or owfinc.com

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 rain jacket
August 30, 1:17pm

Re: Re: M50 rain jacket
thanks I'll have to look in my physic books for Impulse-Momentum form of Newton's Second Law - or wikipedia : ) hmmm I wonder who sells M55? I seem to remember thru-hiker used to bu...

August 30, 11:22am

Re: tax rate
My solution is for people to become more aware that corporations and super wealthy have bought our government and vote for people and call them to get them to remove loopholes. A problem is that...

In Chaff » Ask an Anarchist
August 30, 11:13am

M50 rain jacket
Anyone every make a rain jacket out of M50? I wonder how waterproof it would be. The logic of WPB like eVent or Goretex has always bothered me. You need a DWR coating to keep the water off t...

August 30, 10:07am

Re: Hey, I never got an answer
59 minute video of some zealot with crazy ideas? no thanks I remember "Ruff Times" and other people that predicted doom. There are always doom predictors. One thing that has gotte...

August 30, 9:57am

Re: Re: Re: Hey, I never got an answer
I think that things are slowly getting better with the existing system. The (U.S.) Civil War was horrible. WWI and WWII not as bad. Vietnam not as bad as those. Afganistan and Iraq were mere ...

August 30, 8:25am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anarchist survival
"And where are the protests now? I don't see any. I wish I did !" At least this won't be a prolonged war like Afganistan or Iraq I don't see the big deal, 100,000s of pe...

August 29, 11:58pm

Re: Spot or plb
I'de rather have that DeLorme Inreach - you can compose and send text messages like "broke leg", or "delayed 1 day", or "ok" with spot there are just a coupl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tips to convince wife to let me go solo and still be around when I come back...
August 29, 11:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anarchist survival
"Cadillacs and Lincolns" or hospitals and schools we'll never know the half of what all has happened I think the "military industrial complex" took advantage of any...

August 29, 11:13pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.