BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4471 - 4480 of 7370 | Page: 1 ...439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ...737

Forum » Thread

Re: Did I freeze my sawyer squeeze filter to death?
On the web site they say they haven't tested it so to be safe, if you think you froze your filter, you should replace it. There's no easy way to test it. Maybe if there was a test fluid...

In GEAR » Did I freeze my sawyer squeeze filter to death?
August 28, 1:23pm

Re: Funny stuff
"Ken "What is interesting is that the far, far right have taken over the Republican party." Nevermind But.. If you really believe that... there probably isn't much point in...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
August 28, 1:10pm

Re: blame game
"to fund 70 years of pension in 10 years So all that time the Dems had control, they weren't funding the pensions? Where has that happened before? Say it aint so. I love it when the cle...

August 28, 12:54pm

Re: 50 States
I agree Ken The idea that the federal government is limited to just the military is a fringe idea that has recently gained some more widespread popularity Maybe the popularity is because the ...

August 28, 9:14am

Re: 50 States
Fred "We are broke. The next time our debt is downgraded and the cost of money increases, we'll be even broker." Debt downgraded because Rs wouldn't agree to extend debt aut...

August 28, 8:27am

Re: Re: Re: Let's talk Nordic
Michael If you tell Medicare people you're going to take it away, they complain loudly, so it must be somewhat effective. My wife and mom get medicare and are fairly happy. It costs too mu...

August 28, 7:36am

Re: Let's talk Nordic
Both the Veterans Administration and Medicare work fairly good here with a sizeable percentage of our population. Either of these could be scaled up. With the Veterans Administration, all the d...

August 27, 6:19pm

Re: Whats wrong with wealth?
Fred Nothing's wrong with being wealthy - you are incorrectly reading between the lines But when people buy off the government to change rules to make a few super wealthy and the vast maj...

August 27, 1:35pm

Re: Have any of you ditched trekking poles as you've lightened your weight?
I've tried 2 poles and I didn't like them - they occupy your hands so you can't take a picture or grab hold of a rock or tree. The 2 poles sometimes get tangled up with each other and ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Have any of you ditched trekking poles as you've lightened your weight?
August 27, 11:21am

Re: Redistribution?
"We probably both want the same things" I think you're right The right wingers that are in control of the Republicans and partly in control of Democrats just want to increase th...

August 27, 11:16am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.