Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4471 - 4480 of 7778 | Page: 1 ...439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ...778

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Recoating
and then I made a new bivy with Shield silnylon from thru-hiker.org and it didn't leak - better solution

In GEAR » Could that Condensation in Your Bivy be a Leaking Floor?
October 28, 2:15pm

Re: Recoating
I coated inside and outside After maybe 10 nights, the outside started peeling off, so I just rubbed it off with my hands with a little effort, just to minimize the mess. Next time I won't ...

October 28, 2:13pm

Re: Definitely
You can put a layer of mineral spirits:silicone 10:1 or whatever. That will make it waterproof in my experience.

October 28, 1:38pm

Re: Re: As a BPL member....
Ken, Ken, Ken,... This fire was almost out and now I fear you've fanned it back to life : )

In Chaff » Throwing In The Towel
October 28, 10:55am

Re: Re: Windshirt question
"I'm almost in the PNW. Pretty wet/windy." I make it down as far as the Eel River occasionally. It always seems warm and dry. Nice extension to the warm season. Doesn't seem...

In GEAR » Windshirt question
October 28, 9:41am

Re: Re: As a new member....
troll - "a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages" - that doesn't really fit I guess it's just that you keep saying the same thing Yet he...

October 28, 9:37am

Re: Windshirt question
I don't understand why anyone would have a windshirt period. Of course I'm in the rainy Pacific Northwest so I think a waterproof breathable hardshell is required on the outside. And a ...

In GEAR » Windshirt question
October 28, 9:23am

Re: Re: As a new member....
Yeah - Alexander posts are very entertaining, thanks I agree with what Tom says, but at some point what's the point? Initially, maybe it was reasonable to be p...ed that BPL wasn't fu...

October 28, 9:06am

Re: Re Loss of Valuable Contributors
"It was a bad idea for us to lock it, and it's probably a bad idea for BPL to have locked this one. The longer it goes, the more damage it does" I have to agree with Dena - interne...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Loss of Valuable Contributors
October 28, 8:57am

Re: BPL Forum Progress
"Yes, the current Forum SW is a handicap, but it holds the Forum Archive. Do we ant to lose that? Our first guess is No Way" portlandhikers.org made a transition that killed the archiv...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Loss of Valuable Contributors
October 28, 8:44am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.