BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4461 - 4470 of 5415 | Page: 1 ...438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ...542

Forum » Thread

Re: Golite footwear going minimalist/barefoot?
We shall see. It does seem to be the newest fad. If the GoLites can come in at under 10 oz each AND last 400-500 miles, they might have something. Racing flats are cheap, usually available for ...

In GEAR » Golite footwear going minimalist/barefoot?
June 18, 1:46pm

Re: Outdoor Research Pack Hoody
Maybe you can purchase those effective rain clothes from OR too :)

In GEAR » Anyone use a packa poncho
June 18, 9:57am

Re: Tent/Pack Recommendation
I am an avowed tarp user. Many have done the longest thru hikes in tarps. But tarps are not for everyone. If I were in the market for a tent I would look at Henry Shires Tarpent line up. There are ...

In GEAR » Tent/Pack Recommendation
June 18, 9:54am

Re: Re: Re: Sleeping Pad Failure - Part 2 - What Now?
Not even close. At first look, the thinlight looks like open foam, but it isn't. Extremley flexible. I don't what the NighLight is made from, but it looks and feels "plasticy" but...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad Failure - Part 2 - What Now?
June 17, 7:01pm

Re: Sleeping Pad Failure - Part 2 - What Now?
Jeff, There is no easy answer to this, and it is so individual. I also frequent a popup trailer forum, and many people there complain they cannot get a good night's sleep on a 3"-4"...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad Failure - Part 2 - What Now?
June 17, 6:41pm

Re: Re: I don't use Superfeet in any of my shoes
Tad, +1. I bought a pair once, they are still in my closet, after I took them out and could not determine any kind of improvement. They are just a little bit of foam over a plastic bed. Th...

In GEAR » superfeet / insoles in trail runners?
June 17, 5:04pm

Re: Debate
Larry, I don't know if boots provide support or not. I never got an ankle injury in boots, although I know a couple people who broke an ankle in boots. Maybe those injuries would have been w...

In GEAR » trailrunners, boots
June 17, 3:13pm

Re: Current NBA
Hey Larry, Not to be combative, but here is the trend. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/The-NBA-s-new-fashion-rage?urn=nba,231096 http://marketplace.publicradio.org/disp...

June 17, 2:15pm

Re: Hiking the Trans Catalina Trail, Santa Catalina Island, California
Larry, What a cool hike. I knew there were trails and BPing opportunities there, but have never gotten around to checking them out. Now I will. Can you explain the lockers with water and wood...

In Photo Gallery » Hiking the Trans Catalina Trail, Santa Catalina Island, California
June 17, 2:01pm

Re: Support
Well, not all NBA players wear high tops. And they get paid to wear certain brands and models... some get paid huge amounts of money. Most high top basketball shoes cost more money than low tops, a...

June 17, 10:53am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am