BPL Community Profile

Kathleen B (rosierabbit) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Kathleen B has not added a biography yet.
CityStevens Pass
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathleen B

Showing 441 - 450 of 546 | Page: 1 ...36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Forum » Thread

ULA mitts mystery fabric
They aren't silnylon, at least not silnylon that I've ever seen. I'm not sure what they are. They're a grey color with little indentations like mouse bites all over. Here's...

In GEAR » Waterproof gloves - Komperdell, SealSkinz - know any others?
November 15, 4:48pm

ULA mitts and Revivex
I use Revivex on lots of things with great results. I just wasn't sure the ULA mitts could survive a trip in the dryer to get the most benefit from the Revivex. I guess I have nothing to lose...

November 15, 4:21pm

Mushroom Monday
Go ahead! List that nasty fungus in a recipe! I will just leave it out and have a better-tasting meal for it! I actually have a fairly wide tolerance range for disgusting food (as long as I don&...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Tater Tuesday: Smoked Salmon Mashers
November 15, 2:42pm

All seriousness aside....
We need something alliterative for chocolate. Or Mushpot Monday where the rest of us could toss in a tried and true concoction now and then to ease the pressure on Sarah. I guess that means the b...

November 15, 2:23pm

ULA waterproof mitts
I bought a pair of Brian's waterproof mitts and have used them half a dozen times this summer/fall. So far they have worked well solo, or as it gets colder, over some cheapie stretch polyester...

November 15, 12:34pm

sealskinz
More like paper towels!

November 14, 4:58pm

No Sealskinz
Whatever you buy, make sure it isn't Sealskinz. See Brett's review and mine, probably under raingear in the reader reviews. Correction - under clothing - wind and softshell

November 14, 4:54pm

salmon taters - so this must be Wednesday?
Thanks for posting this, Sarah! The ingredients are all ones I like (no fungus, hooray!), so I'll give this one a shot, too. However, I nearly missed my Wednesday afternoon meeting, thinking ...

November 14, 4:24pm

No Tuesday Taters?
Sarah - what's for dinner? I had to eat leftover soup.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Tater Tuesday: Nacho Taters
November 13, 8:21pm

No Dyneema at Seattle Fabrics
I was at Seattle Fabrics on Tuesday and asked about Dyneema and eVent fabric. They'd never heard of either one. Maybe when the military buys it they also do a memory flush?

In Make Your Own Gear » Dyneema availibility
November 08, 9:46am

All Reader Reviews by Kathleen B

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
I had a similar experience to David's. They sent the inferior space blankets, rather than the correct order, took forever to send a return UPS shipping label, and only yesterday admitted to recei...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 5:35pm

Boomer's Guide to Lightweight Backpacking by Carol Corbridge
I was very disappointed in this book. Luckily, I didn't buy it but had checked it out from the library. For starters, the book is in major need of copy editing. There are lots of awkward sent...

In Books and Media
May 28, 2:04pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These do everything BPL promised - provide comfortable warmth without being bulky. I've worn them under non-winter hiking pants all winter, and they've extended the comfort range down to 7 de...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 10:55am

Hikelight.com Company
I just discovered this website that is based in Oregon. It seems to be a distributor of some of our favorite brands - SixMoonDesigns, Tarptent, Montbell, GraniteGear, and Western Mountaineering. No ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 22, 9:39am

HarmonyHouseFoods.com vegetables and beans
I just received my second order of dehydrated food from Harmony House. First I bought the vegetable pantry stuffer - 16 different quart-sized containers of various dehydrated vegetables, and then a we...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
July 25, 9:08pm

Golite Paradox pants
I'm not sure whether to review these in raingear or softshell clothing, because they're both. They are all-day pants, rather than rain pants to pull on over hiking pants and are made of a fab...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 10, 1:11pm

Sealskinz gloves
I had the same experience as Brett. My non-waterproof gloves absorbed less water than these.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 10, 12:51pm

ULA Circuit
This pack was on backorder, but it came sooner than Brian said it would. I gave it a 2-day test this last weekend on a short backpacking trip in the Cascades. I was pleased that it was as comfortabl...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 06, 1:29pm