Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 441 - 450 of 490 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Forum » Thread

Re: need pack suggestions
I have the Osprey Aether 75. It is a beautifully made pack that still looks unused after numerous Scout outings. I bought it before my ultralight revelation. In fact, it was responsible for my reve...

In GEAR » need pack suggestions
April 19, 9:29am

Re: Searching Forums?
The "Search Forums" feature has enough issues for me that I often use Google with the "site" designator. Someone else on these forums taught me this. I wish I could remember who to give credit to. ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Searching Forums?
April 13, 12:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Button down shirts? Oui? Non?
Paul, I think our posts may have crossed in the ether. In case you missed it, check out my previous post. p.s. I appreciate all I have learned from you over my time here.

In GEAR » Button down shirts? Oui? Non?
April 08, 11:10am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Button down shirts? Oui? Non?
David, Check out http://www.ibexwear.com. Ibex has the Shak Full Zip Jersey and the BBQ Shirt. I think the Shaks fabric might be too heavy. If the BBQ shirt were long sleeve it might be ideal. ...

April 07, 2:08pm

Re: Button down shirts? Oui? Non?
I'm with Paul on this one. The Zip-T works great. The temperature range of wool is amazing. I wear Ibex wool polo shirts throughout the summer as my every day wear. I hike in Zip-Ts because of thei...

April 07, 8:55am

Re: Thanks
Check out http://zenstoves.net/ for information on making stoves.

In Gear Lists » Ways to lighten my pack further
April 05, 3:44pm

Re: Silk long johns or Silk bag liner?
The silk long johns make sense to me. They are more versatile. They protect your bag while providing a little more warmth and are also useable outside of the bag. I can't think of a single advantag...

In GEAR » Silk long johns or Silk bag liner?
April 03, 8:25am

Re: Re: Re: drying a platypus?
Scott, I live in Colorado which is generally dry. The problem that freezing solved for me was that I was using my Platys so frequently that they never dried, and did start to turn greenish. It's a...

In GEAR » drying a platypus?
March 29, 2:02pm

Re: Re: Re: drying a platypus?
Ben, like Paul I haven't seen black stuff either, and if you've seen it, that's good enough for me as well. In hind sight, my post was a little too short. I agree that freezing would kill little if...

In GEAR » drying a platypus?
March 29, 8:27am

Re: My pepsi stove "breathes", any ideas?
I've made a number of stoves and they all seem to "breath". It sounds like yours is more of a "heavy breather" than mine. I have only made one open jet style the other dozen have been closed jet.

In Make Your Own Gear » My pepsi stove "breathes", any ideas?
March 28, 10:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm